Shindou Sefiria no Gekokujou Program - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
@Kapow : The key take away is that the very top part is essentially SPELL [*name of spell*] (input variable, in this case 'no variable')

The rest of the text are basically 'what this spell do'

What she did was replacing the name of the spell, which is in ancient language and she doesn't know how to pronounce it, with Japanese, then she pronounced it and the spell worked.

Code:
int wind_?ha?er ( void )
{
  hand int wind;
  wind = wind - 5000;
  return wind;
}
I'm not sure about two letters of the function name. Probably "wind_chaser"

The first line of the body actually reads "??nd int wind;" and I'm not entirely certain of the two letters. However, as the first word ends with "nd" all other vowels (e,i,o,u) already have another spelling, I suppose the second character is a "a". Moreover the line above it in Japanese is:
我が石の手のひら触れし対象へ、... という名を与えよ
Which google translated as "give the name ... to the object in my palm", so i suppose that's "hand".

@Lomyr
so it's -5000 ?

Sorry but this code is shit, and if their is no default value for integer, this code just crash the "application".

It's seem like a pseudo code language for beginner

And who make a function for an addition seriously...

just do
int result = value + amount
directly

Well maybe you need to do a full function for one spell.. so why not, but why just not make :

int wind_chaser(int amount) {
return amount - 5000;
}

I wonder what happend if you stack overflow the world......

Aggregator gang
I don't care about the decoding, this is more for lolz and wtf's than anything else.

@Wind_Blade
Good point, I didn't double check that the "-" sign in the language was in fact minus. I was being a lazy ass and didn't want to translate the Japanese line above as well to make sure of it. Now that I do, the line goes something like
... の物質量へ5000を加算し
Which reads as "Add 5000 to the value of ..."
So TL;DR: my mistake, it should be "+5000"

And yes. That code is shit. But that's what's fun with isekais: it's so bad it's good. The way it's encoded in another alphabet is also very funnily silly, it obviously looks made up on the spot for the sake of having a "magic alphabet".
For argument's sake, the code could be (somewhat) less stupid if that "hand" thing functioned as a global pointer from which you'd retrieve a value.

@kiero13 well to be fair anything that can follow an algoritm is a programming language, so any magic that is not a soft magic (like it's happend because it's magic) that follow some set of rule defined by a magie, is using some sort of programming language

Dex-chan lover
I wish Nervia could breastfeed. It would surely be very nutritious for Sefi.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, Nervia can get the award for new dumbest armor I've seen, like armor that shows cleavage and thighs is already dumb on it own but when you've got such a helmet? Now you're not even being consistent. No wonder she was deemed incompetent.

SGR

Double-page supporter
That feeling when you have a worldbuilding idea rattling in your brain for 15 years and then someone accidentally "steals" it...

Dex-chan lover
@Wind_Blade

Well if it is like that then it shouldn't be so special that only specific/special ones can only understand it. A flow chart/program flow can easily be understood by anyone. Even a BDD. If it's something that couldn't be understood by the ordinary, then it should by crypted.

Tldr I just want them authors to acknowledge cryptography and not just programming languages.

girls cant make babies with girls

actually... you can...

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jul/babies-from-bone-marrow

Their offspring would always be daughters, though, because sperm made from a female cell would always carry an X instead of a Y chromosome.

Dex-chan lover
@chaos_animagic "actually... you can..."

Hmmm... Seems to me that's a team of scientists making babies using only girls... possibly... in the future... in a laboratory.

Not really the same thing as old fashioned heterosexual humping.

Dex-chan lover
Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from C, confirmed 😂

Users who are viewing this thread