Shindou Sefiria no Gekokujou Program

Contributor
@Walter_vi_Britannia

To explain: the WN had Sefiria be a boy who was reincarnated from a Japanese salaryman. Until I hear otherwise, the LN and manga just switches Sefiria and their past life to female.

Dex-chan lover
@Milkshake sorry I'm not knowledgeable myself but here's something I found from googling around, hope it'll be of use
tumblr_nxzkidc4S81sbujdlo1_1280.pnj

Group Leader
Now, I kinda understand why nobody wants to touch this... This is a Nightmare for translators
(For me at least)

lot's of bubbles, words, explanations, and conversations... I read the raws up to 4th chapter, then I realized that conversations and explanations started to get very lengthy... and then. I gave up reading and just skimmed through the next chapters, and it gets worse and worse.

But it is still interesting to read, just a Nightmare for me in my perspective...

IDK if things have changed, but Anime Ace is the super-popular font that people use for scanlating, which was supposed to be a free clone of the proprietary font "Wild Words" (which afaik was what the legit/legal manga localizers used back in the 90s so people got used to it).

@Raidou13 yeah, heck imagine trying to translate Youjo Senki. There's an absurd amount of explanation and often about more complicated real-world topics and military stuff. Doesn't surprise me that it takes 1-3 months a chapter sometimes.

Group Leader
@Fotamon
I haven't read Youjo yet, I'm saving it for a binge fest.
Lol Re:Monster is very similar as it was picked up then dropped and repeat by many groups, it's a TL Nightmare... I still wonder what kind of motivation that translator from LHT has to still be doing it, but I'm glad that they're still doing it coz I love remonster

Aggregator gang
I just saw an adorable toddler within a manga cover with a dragon and lightning as a background and I couldnt help but think "AWWWW" and start reading....

Double-page supporter
Cover art sorta looks creepy. Seems like a 8 year old's head on a 6 month old's body with a 15 year old's hands.

I have read this before quite far novel wise years ago. At least if my memory isn't failing me

. If so there actual gender will be mistaken untill far on.

In actual fact current novel translation say male older one which my the looks got deleted also said such.

Below is something I think I remembered
they get sent to the war before turning 5 they tried to protect the baby for awhile but because that female knight stayed for awhile they got sus.

Also the bandits attack before 3 years old and the brother dies? Question mark is because I am not 100% sure if saved or not but I know he was hit with a weapon while defending the safe zone.

Now the thing in spoiler might not be this and another but it just remembers me of this. I read it like 4 years ago

Group Leader
@plsnobully @Milkshake

I like that font guide, but some of those fonts are... odd.

The tried and true font is "Wildwords." It's available via google search -- supposedly, you're supposed to pay $200 for it. Instead, wait for the Comicrazy yearly sale in January, or find a download. Lots of Manga scanlators shared it around over the past few years.

The one I like for scanlations nowadays is one called Canted Comic. It's based on 1950s Marvel/DC comic pages, and is free. https://www.dafont.com/canted-comic.font

He also has Canted FX (which is a big, sharpee marker style effects font) and Cardenio Modern, a handwritten type font that's very nice.

When doing Awatake's Melon Head series, Munyu Heavy Industries did:

Wild Words for Human Dialogue
SF Toontime for Alien Dialogue (In the original, the humans used Sans Serif fonts, the aliens used Serif fonts IIRC. Think "Arial vs Times New Roman."
The Great Escape for Handwriting
Fontin SmallCaps for Signs

Users who are viewing this thread