Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 33 Ch. 134 - At the depths of despair

Dex-chan lover
@Rozzak
That comes AFTER they have lived. I believe right now they're instinctively sympathize with the attacker as much as they possibly could in the delusional hope that they'd be spared. It's called the battered wife syndrome.

i'm so sad for eren, he must hate the author who created him....
letting him be alone against the world now, and those so called friends changing point of view after knowing the racism widespread in the world and their annihilation by the titans that are released.. bastards

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly, the notion of the balloon commander realizing the folly of his society and waking up to the consequences of history is just so dumb. He should have been talking about devils and shit, not reflecting on the evils of his country. Literally wasting pages giving us lukewarm exposition. We've read the chapters, Isayama, you don't need spell it out for us. I feel like next chapter we're going to get 20 pages on why genocide is wrong, when I just want to see titans fight each other. In Isayama's mind, the reader is a child playing with blocks, trying to put the square in the round hole.

Dex-chan lover
So how do they even kill him? Eren is all bone now and only an explosion on the scale of Megumin's magic can actually hurt him. Pitiful thunder spear cracker won't graze him.

"we are in the endgame now!"

Did you notices details of Rumbling attack at Hizuru, it's seems like their country would be survive?

Aggregator gang
This was crazy but I did like that speech that one dude gave about how they brought this on themselves (I wouldn't really fault the Eldian's from the ghetto tho, that's just trash). Is nice and all but I'm sure they would have killed Eren on the spot If he went back on his plan because of it. People are so quick to change minds when they are terrified but they will go right back to what they were soon enough.

So yeah idk I wanna see how this unfolds. Crazy how Reiner shared his plot armor on everyone else and nobody got hit by Zeke's pebble tossing.

Dex-chan lover
I give a lot of stuff in this manga a pass, being fantasy and all, but that commander's speech was some of the most contrived exposition ever. People who live their lives nursing on that kind of prejudice don't magically see the error of their ways when they're cornered; they double down, especially when one of their slippery slope scenarios comes to fruition. Realistically, the Rumbling's execution would be validating for the people who argued for Eldian genocide all along. It's a miracle that the Eldians we see in this chapter are even around; I imagined mass slaughters throughout the mainland upon people hearing news of the Rumbling.

On another note, I've been wondering how Eren's new form manages to move, and from the looks of it he's reminiscent of a puppet on strings. I doubt the imagery's coincidental.

@Betony I have to agree with you. That speech was like the "and the moral of the story is..." part of children’s stories. Maybe it sounded more natural in the original Japanese.

Hard to believe the beast titan can throw something so so high. Still with the size of those explosions is hardly a threat as their target is too big.

@auguestra if the coronavirus has taught us something is that even under those circumstances most of us do not care a thing and only think about the present and our rights.

Fed-Kun's army
Firsy half was cool, lost some brain cells on the second half. Cant wait to see how they beat Eren thru some bs because he's basically God at this point

Can someone pls explain to me operation donkey kong. Do the barrels contain oil or something or do they think it will actually hurt the titan? Also couldnt Eren just dislodge the hook by making a big bone knife or something?

I feel bad that those people are gonna die but I still want Eren to win since there's literally no turning back, it's not like all those people (including the future generation) would forever be good if Eren does a complete 180.

Also, Historia is giving birth, you guys think it will be a boy or a girl?

Users who are viewing this thread