Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 33 Ch. 134 - At the depths of despair

Fed-Kun's army
This was getting boring. Still a boring chapter. But traction is picking up again? Maybe in a couple more chapters more hype and plot progression

This is going to be one HELL of an animated episode.

Titan bombing is the shit.

Dex-chan lover
@Ferfun not like you could ever imagine what an apocalypse would feel like sitting on a chair, I believe the first thing that would come to my minds are regrets... of things I couldn't do and things I did wrong, I mean, seriously aren't you surprised that most of them haven't killed themselves at this point or going complete insane by the massacre ?

Oh, FINALLY someone talks some sense to Eren in ages. For much of his talk of freedom, Eren is quite content if following whatever he saw as the future, isn't he? Isn't he a slave of that vision, like all of the previous owners of the Coordinate were before him?

Anyway, atleast the airship destruction had some sense in it, since the clearly hastily assembled incendiary bombs were the things that exploded, not the airsips themselves. Congrats to the author for not falling on the overused trope of exploding balloons ;)

Dex-chan lover
Wishful thinking, the real Humanity would keep on pointing fingers until their very last moments.

But hey, if these guys really are repentant, keep them alive.
Even if it's fake, I'm tired of seeing hatred win.

@DPChaos I wouldn't be so bold as to make sweeping claims about all of humanity. Whether or not people would repent in the "depths of despair" could only be verified by looking at a real apocalypse.

I think it's more productive to look at it from a literary angle. As in, "has Isayama laid enough groundwork for this development to seem plausible?" I would say he could have done more.

As far as I can remember, this is the first time we've seen this fort commander. This means we can't view this development as "out of character" for him as an individual, since we know next to nothing about him. He might well have harbored doubts before this about the morality of Marley's intervention in Paradis. If he knew that the wall king had promised not to use the rumbling as long as Paradis was left undisturbed, then he might see this as the direct consequence of his and his comrades' actions.

However, because we know nothing about him, this repentance feels like it came out of nowhere. Until now, the only Marleyans who had repented were those who saw the Eldians' humanity firsthand; we have not seen a single Marleyan outside of Magath and the warrior corps who didn't blindly hate the Eldians. Had Isayama shown back in the Marley arc who this guy was and what his views on Eldians were, then this would feel more earned.

Let me die already, I've been reading this shit for almost a decade.

I'm pretty sure the next chapter will be the end. From what I remember from that "manga ending audio" exhibition thingy this scene happened in it.

I swear to God if they just talk it out or le power of friendship plays a role then someone's getting hurt

Double-page supporter
@UmbraDex didn't Isayama say that there like 1-2% left which means there are likely ~3 more chapters, which would fit nicely with one extra volume?

Fed-Kun's army
ya'll have absolutely no fucking idea of how perfectly ''persecution of the masses'' from shin godzilla fits this chapter. OOF

Fed-Kun's army
The first panels were scary af, gave me chills😖and Omg the last scenes PERFECTLY fits the audio they released! I guess just a few more chapters and this manga gonna end 🥺
But istg Idk how they gonna wrap this up?
Anyways thanks for showing historia after all this time 🙄, now let me see the baby, if the baby looks like eren imma lose my shit 😂 like when did this dickhead had the time to bang the queen, while planning a genocide😂😂?! I still think the farmer boy is the baby's daddy lol

Fed-Kun's army
Can't believe this is about to end. It's been one hell of a ride. Better end it with a BANG!

Users who are viewing this thread