Shinigami ni Sodaterareta Shoujo wa Shikkoku no Tsurugi wo Mune ni Idaku - Ch. 45 - The Azure Knight

Fed-Kun's army
bruh, after a 3 month pause i really could use a refresher on what each army, faction, character and whatnot is in the sidelines...

Why drop? at one chapter every two weeks, it will be mid/late 2025 before they even get to chapter 45.

Fed-Kun's army
Wth is this character, she speaks like she's doing some ruse to confuse the enemy, but it turns out she's just blabbering for the sake of expositing. With how formidable she appeared from the previous chapter, she gets worfed by another side character like nothing.

Actually, Félix is not a sidecharacter anymore. This mini-arc serves as his introduction as one of the main characters,

Contributor
Mekia's secret assault on Fort Astora was going well until their reasonably strong commander got overconfident and reinforcements arrived. She thought she found someone strong to fuck around with, and found out she's possibly outmatched and in actual danger.

Shame there's no Olivia again in this chapter. She's just a joy to see whenever she's around.

Thanks for the translation! It's a shame that we must stop here, but I will respect your decision. See you around.

The reasoning for that is because Manga-Dex (supposedly/hopefully) does not allow uploads of officially licensed series (OL) unless done by the publisher directly.
I'm sorry, but I feel that I must correct this misconception.

MangaDex only disallows uploads of official translations, raws and textless images. Site Rule 1.2 makes this clear. Nowhere in the site rules (which everybody should read BTW) does it say that uploading scanlations of licensed manga are not allowed, and I have seen a number of licensed manga where the scan groups continue to work on them without issue from MD staff. If a chapter is not an official translation (like this chapter and the ones before it), it is allowed to be uploaded regardless of licensing.

To be clear, official translations and scanlations are not the same thing, and scans of manga that have been officially licensed are still scanlations, as long as they do not use the official translation or ripped images of official translations (i.e. scanlations are unofficial translations typeset onto untranslated "raws" from the country of origin).

Fed-Kun's army
Mekia's secret assault on Fort Astora was going well until their reasonably strong commander got overconfident and reinforcements arrived. She thought she found someone strong to fuck around with, and found out she's possibly outmatched and in actual danger.

Shame there's no Olivia again in this chapter. She's just a joy to see whenever she's around.

Thanks for the translation! It's a shame that we must stop here, but I will respect your decision. See you around.

I'm sorry, but I feel that I must correct this misconception.

MangaDex only disallows uploads of official translations, raws and textless images. Site Rule 1.2 makes this clear. Nowhere in the site rules (which everybody should read BTW) does it say that uploading scanlations of licensed manga are not allowed, and I have seen a number of licensed manga where the scan groups continue to work on them without issue from MD staff. If a chapter is not an official translation (like this chapter and the ones before it), it is allowed to be uploaded regardless of licensing.

To be clear, official translations and scanlations are not the same thing, and scans of manga that have been officially licensed are still scanlations, as long as they do not use the official translation or ripped images of official translations (i.e. scanlations are unofficial translations typeset onto untranslated "raws" from the country of origin).

A manga like Detective Conan would never have been on Mangadex if you couldn't publish fantrad of a manga with an official translation.

Contributor
A manga like Detective Conan would never have been on Mangadex if you couldn't publish fantrad of a manga with an official translation.
I agree. It's just that it seems way too many people believe in the falsehood that "MangaDex takes down scanlated chapters of licensed manga because it isn't allowed".

If they read even just the first few rules they'd realize it's not true. If scanlated chapters disappear apparently "due to licensing" it's the groups themselves who do it, not MD. The only time I'm 100% sure MD will take down something is when it's an official translation ripped from an official website that somehow got uploaded, which is very much against the rules here.

I agree. It's just that it seems way too many people believe in the falsehood that "MangaDex takes down scanlated chapters of licensed manga because it isn't allowed".

If they read even just the first few rules they'd realize it's not true. If scanlated chapters disappear apparently "due to licensing" it's the groups themselves who do it, not MD. The only time I'm 100% sure MD will take down something is when it's an official translation ripped from an official website that somehow got uploaded, which is very much against the rules here.
Some Shonen Jump / Viz stuff had their English scans removed, but that's more an exception.

Dex-chan lover
God dammit can't have nice things in the world. Oh well thank you for your hard work, hope we can see good stuffs coming up to replace this

The entitlement of some people here are so silly.

Scanlation exists to introduce great titles, it is not supposed to be your ticket to free content. Competing with official sources is not only illegal to the scanlators who’s doing the risky and extra work, but also giving back nothing for the creators. So you’re telling me it’s okay for both scanlators and authors to fuck themselves for your enjoyment? Let’s say the localizers fucking suck like they do with some of their “localizations”, how many people complaining here actually buy the Japanese raws to directly support the author whenever they read and like a series? Wdym that’s unheard of?

This is not to mention grouping ALL localizers, both good and bad, into one umbrella of “yeah they suck and no physicals”. This is how you kill goodwill and legitimate effort to help the scene, because even the good ones catch flakes from unreasonable people who view the world in absolutes.

Pirate all you want but at least don’t be entitled assholes. I still remember when the Jaminis Box drama happened, how fucking greedy that group was for their scans that they forget scanlation exists out of the desire to let the world reads more untranslated manga using their own time and effort. Scanlating a chapter takes lots of underappreciated work, that’s why I also dislike sniping.

Anyway, thank you to Carefree Scans for your admirable work and respect to not just official outlets, but also to yourself and the community. May we see other manga from your group!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread