Shinigami ni Sodaterareta Shoujo wa Shikkoku no Tsurugi wo Mune ni Idaku

reu

Dex-chan lover
I really don't get why people are reading this trash, it's completely irredeemable

Dex-chan lover
@reu
For me, I'm just shutting down my brain logic and read it for pure enjoyment. Reading something without criticising is good for the mood, at least for me, especially when you have to deal with a lot of papers to be reviewed and criticised.
For the story though, I guess we all want to know who she really is, what her ancestry, and what is the true nature of Zed's observation. Because as for now, there's really nothing to show except her decimating the Imperial soldiers and her subordinates shocked in awe

Group Leader
It has a manga!!? I've been waiting for the chapters on novelupdates (´;ω;`)

Fed-Kun's army
what you don't like reading a story about a mary sue?
I don't think she's a mary-sue. Yes, she's really powerful, but her personality is problematic in the world she lives. She's supposed to be a soldiar that respects hierarchy, but she barely does it. General Paul, even if he took a liking to her because she reminds him his granddaughter, has to accept that because... well if she decides to go on the other side, they're completely screwed. Her habits of coming back covered in blood scares her own soldiars...

Yeah her personality is completely out of place and if she was only half powerful, it would be a serious problem.

Group Leader
Whats with manga artist and their fetish for armpits? Ive literally seen like hundreds of mangas with female characters raising their arms to show their pits. Like really. Im not against those fetishes but im just wondering why though.
I mean, it’s nice and is there any reason not to include it? It’s their fetish and people seem to really like them. I am not too big on armpit but do appreciate when they are shown

As somebody who's read the novel (two volumes out atm), here's a description:

Olivia is picked up by a death god, Z, deep in the forest as a child and trained by him in combat for reasons unknown. One day, Z disappears, leaving behind a letter instructing Olivia to head to the Kingdom along with a sword bearing the qualities of a death god's weapon. Thus, the girl lacking in common sense, knowledge, and normalcy sets off to join the army.
Please tell me no romance

Dex-chan lover
There's no romance so that tag is a lie. Also, where is the story going? The only selling point I am getting from this is that mc is cute and mindless hack and slash. I feel like this is rated higher than it should.

It's a solid 7. Not great, not bad.

They pulled a DBZ leading up to that RosenMarie fight, streeeeettching it out over what felt like 10 chapters.

There's no romance so that tag is a lie. Also, where is the story going? The only selling point I am getting from this is that mc is cute and mindless hack and slash. I feel like this is rated higher than it should.
for what i remember from the novel, the closest thing to romance is between ashton and claudia

The manga adaptation is pretty good, follows closely the light novel which I'm glad for.

Only downside is how sometimes it feels/looks a bit "choppy". Like, it doesn't really deliver how fiercesome attacks can be. Otherwise, really good and consistent.

The manga, if not axed, will likely be 100+ chapters long. Currently it's only at the start of Volume 3 and there are 6 volumes translated by J-Novel and 7th releases on January 15th.

The entire story is building up to a single plot point, that being...
Dherme's trying to unify the continent and reign supreme forever, and Xenia (a God of Death) seemingly having her own plans. Now, might not seem like much, but then you remember God's of Death at a lowball can literally snap away entire mountains with their power.
I generally think this series is very good at slowly building up things in the background if you are willing to pay attention.

Users who are viewing this thread