Shokei Sareta Kenja wa Lich ni Tensei Shite Shinryaku Sensou wo Hajimaru

Double-page supporter
I'd rather it just be an edgy, unapologetic revenge against the world manga like I thought it would be for the first 3 chapters, but then the MC does a tone switch and starts acting like a generic shounen antagonist whose purpose is actually for the greater good.

Solid 6/10 so far. No real conflict nothing really unique about the character or world but nothing offensively bad about it either.

Fed-Kun's army
@Degernase the manga did a tone shift, but he did not change his values. His actually did go for half of what his love wished for, by trying to unite the world. This is better han edge

i get his point but its a really shallow unity he is aiming for. Unless he plans to become the demon world for eternity, soon as he dies shit will just go back to as it is. Shitty humans doing shitty things

Double-page supporter
@Fredthefishlord I'm usually not a fan of angsty manga, but if what you're saying is what the mangaka is/should be going for, the happy-go-lucky vibe with his subordinates really dulls the emotional impact. At the start I felt deeply invested, now it feels like even the MC isn't all that into it.

The subordinates really killed all the atmosphere, especially now that the mangaka can't decide if he want's them cool or as comic relief.

@redsox02 uk he is immortal cause Lich stuff and if his body gets killed he gets revived in his subordinates body and he has a lot of power so they shouldn't be able to first wipe out his army and then kill him cause it gets bigger the bigger the numbers of the enemy and no single individual is as strong as he is so ...
yeah its a op prota manga so what did u expect

i saw many people complaining about the side characters and i agree cause the former"demon lord" acts like he lost most of his intelligence with his revive and the succubus has cliche beaf with him so yeah the manga would be better without them

This is ridiculously bad, dont let that high rating trick you! Its just the run of the mill tropes, and cheap satisfaction.

Fed-Kun's army
Real Summary: MC and his fav girl (the hero) is betrayed and killed by everyone so he vows vengence, and then, after watching Code Geass too much, he pulls a Lelouch except with even more mass murder.

Yeh

I think the manga's been pretty good so far. The Minotaur side character though is pretty annoying and ruins the moon though. It's not run of the mill manga, it's better than all the OP MC stuff I see here

If overlord was 1 level edgier and a bit shittier. Not horrible tho. Thanks for translating.

Users who are viewing this thread