Shoushaman no Isekai Survival ~ Zettai Hito to wa Tsurumanee ~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 23.5

Dex-chan lover
Well, I really liked that chap up to the point where Keigo deleted the tattoos. Like, from a narrative point of view, it's fine since the tattoos held no special meaning to her beyond covering her scars, but at the same time it's annoying from a meta point of view since it was most likely done to make her "waifu status" go up for readers, to clean her up.

And here I was, in a previous comment section, going "I appreciate how the author went with a love interest who looks a bit different than the typical waifu with those tattoos she has + kind of wild hairstyle". Oh well.

Dex-chan lover
I mean... from a story standpoint healing her scars is probably an incredibly romantic thing since she even said she feels shame from the tattoos still. But from a reader's standing, it is a real shame. Her character design with the tattoos really made her stand out and looked very unique for a manga character. Now, outside of her hairstyle, she's become generic.

Dex-chan lover
While I personally find tattoos repulsive, I do feel like it is a pity that she lost hers. Yes, they were meant to cover up her scars and abuse, meaning their removal is symbolic of her moving on, but at the same time, they also represented her healing, and her growing up with the girls at the "bar", and the bond they all share. Well, whatever, it is what it is. It was nice seeing her perspective on things, though.

Also, Heinrick is messed up. What the heck, dude.

Dex-chan lover
ok, all TLers and editors need to watch tom scott's there’dn’t’ve video, it quickly explains the nonsense you've all been doing with english contractions. It's so damn annoying, and it doesn't have to be. It's not even one of those obscure english things that don't make sense.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I really liked that chap up to the point where Keigo deleted the tattoos. Like, from a narrative point of view, it's fine since the tattoos held no special meaning to her beyond covering her scars, but at the same time it's annoying from a meta point of view since it was most likely done to make her "waifu status" go up for readers, to clean her up.

And here I was, in a previous comment section, going "I appreciate how the author went with a love interest who looks a bit different than the typical waifu with those tattoos she has + kind of wild hairstyle". Oh well.
Basically it's a part of Japanese culture. Tattoos are associated with Yakuza/crime.

I wouldn't mind tattoos, though it would be strange to keep the thing reminding you about the past into the new future.

Users who are viewing this thread