Site Update - Custom Themes!

Until this very moment, I was unaware themes were an option.
I immediately thought "hey, I really like the Dracula colourset, lets try making that one", just to see it in the list already.
Neat.

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
Until this very moment, I was unaware themes were an option.
I immediately thought "hey, I really like the Dracula colourset, lets try making that one", just to see it in the list already.
Neat.
That’s half of the benefit of this update to get people aware of it!

There are a lot of features on the site that people never realized exist :) Definitely worth a look at the settings page.

Contributor
I'd love some kind of hover text or key to tell me what all of these different color options mean; I have no idea exactly when the translucency comes into play or what something like "Mid-tone" does.

Even with the things that have example buttons, in practical application, when am I going to see Accents 1-5 in use? Where they are on the page would change how I'd want them to look.

I'm too stupid for this kind of stuff; I keep just having to try trial and error with any color changes I make, and some of them don't seem to do anything immediately obvious, so basically most of what I've done is just replace orange with a color more to my liking.

Dex-chan lover
The translucency appears to create a shadow or glow just below the title page banner area.
It's about like making four overlapping low opacity alpha to color gradient sweeps in that area. :meguu:

Does altering the custom theme or trying to create another custom theme after saving the url for contest entry preview, still alter the originally submitted contest theme?
Was considering dabbling with another theme but was afraid resetting and changing it would effect the link url destination theme. :worry:

Last edited:
Power Uploader
Does altering the custom theme or trying to create another custom theme after saving the url for contest entry preview, still alter the originally submitted contest theme?
Was considering dabbling with another theme but was afraid resetting and changing it would effect the link url destination theme. :worry:
No, each URL contains encoded information about the theme, by modifying the theme, the URL changes.
In other words, you're not overwriting any information on the servers because it's stored in the URL itself.

Contributor
I wish the color for these buttons
Czbpik1.png

and these buttons
S1H1qVv.png

Could be set to be two different colors. I find a slightly lighter/brighter shade more aesthetically pleasing on the main manga/hua/hwa page, but in the reader, a darker shade is much less obtrusive and distracting. Since the reading experience is more important than pretty colors to me, I opted for the darker color, but it would be nice if we didn't have to choose.

I suppose i can ask that here, why when i am changing main background color, it only change the top bar color ?

nvm it was on my end i found why

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread