Skip and Loafer - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - Our Varied Summer Break Experience

ZU most likely refers to GU, a popular fast fashion retailer in Japan, especially targeted at young women. Love the little touches the author gives to each character like Mika’s style.

Dex-chan lover
the blue-base yellow-base thing was really funny, although in english it's more commonly referred to as cool-toned/warm-toned (and the often forgotten olive-toned)

Dex-chan lover
"Omika" is something like "Great Mika", no? The "O" being from "Ou", "King/Royalty", right?
So, Nao was being jokingly polite formal with Mika and her "fragility".
And Nao is so nice, no wonder Mitsumi is that jewel with family like that.

Now, "that" girl ruins this manga.
It's a shame that she existis in this story, frankly, I never expected to see this type of character in this super comfy series. Shima made mistakes WHEN HE WAS A KID! He learned, she changed. But her acts like that... I hate this character.

I'm not gonna judge ririka too hard just yet. I trust the author's skill in handling characters. Mika isn't the stereotypical rival/bully girl so ririka might not be the common bitchy third wheeler either. Or she might just be and the pesson of the day is to cut off toxic people in your life if you want to be happy? Either way so far this has been a feels good and heart warming manga and i don't expect it to change anytime soon

Double-page supporter
Current theory:
Sousuke had a complicated relationship with his family, when he started working in the show bizz (probably under parent's pushing) and met up with Ririka becoming friends as children.

There's a strong probability she had a crush on Sousuke back then and followed him to his dubious hangouts, while Sousuke was going through classic celebrity kid breakdown with acting out against his parents and adults. She was probably more popular compared to Sousuke so she got the whole backlash from her actions while following and so she placed the whole blame on Sousuke.

Sure Sousuke probably didn't think about the consequences for her, but there was no gun to her head so she succumbed to peer pressure and angry that Sousuke didn't care more about her decided that he would do what she wanted for the rest of her life as compensation.

She's holding on to a guy after years of the scandal, never letting him go so that she can feel validated about what happened to her. And possibly because she still had feelings for him.

Dex-chan lover
I'm half expecting that Mika's going to develop, or is developing, a crush on Nao but for obvious reasons it'll cause her a lot of confusion and complications.

Dex-chan lover
She probably suffered more from the scandal of being an ex-child star hanging with older people

But she was just there to follow him, not that anyone cares

Double standards, huh.

So cute... Love the girlfriends sleepover 😘 and it's great that Mika went back. It's sharing those vulnerable moments that gets you strong friendships.

The new girl is a bit of a pain, but I really hope she'll be treated well and development will happen.

@Panino I don't know if it's true the Sousuke has grown out of it entirely. He's still growing and making mistakes. He's chosen to isolate himself instead and make friends who seem to have a lower social status. (Maybe coincidence or maybe a form of self preservation since they can't hurt him). The girl has a hard time because she also hasn't had the chance to grow out of it and process her feelings. I hope she has the chance. Maybe cuz I'm getting old... But they're still in high school. They're babies who are still learning how to interact. And that's okay.

Thanks for the chapter! I've made a complete 180 on my opinion of Mika in these latest chapters. Although she's still kind of a little shit (lol), the author really developed her char well, so I find myself liking her a lot. Even her jealousy, pettiness, and insecurities are super cute to me now haha ❤️

@Panino I think you are on the right track about the “O” prefix! Because of how @ThePaulBunyanTrophy wrote it in English, I believe the original was simply “O” (お), not “Ou” (おう).

The “O” prefix is a type of honorific so it belongs to the same category as the suffix titles ~san, ~kun, etc . “O” doesn’t change the meaning of the word but suggests at least 1 of 2 things is true:
1) Mao needs to be extra respectful of Mika (the person he’s talking to and/or about).
2) Mao wants to show that, in general, he is a very polite person.

Both of these are far from the truth 😅 and that’s why Mika is surprised. I think leaving it as “Omika” is a good choice since there’s not a good English equivalent.

S/n this is the same prefix that is more commonly seen in o-sake, o-kane and o-hashi.

Dex-chan lover
I’m gonna call it: I bet Yuzuki is gay. I feel like this chapter and some earlier ones hint at her being very much not into loving dudes, and she kinda has some chemistry in her friendship with Kurume.

Could be wrong, but the author already got some cool wholesome trans rep in there, so it’s not inconceivable.

Dex-chan lover
Ririka's annoying. But I don't mind her. Partly because I kind of feel for her, and partly because her bitter cynicism is going to help clarify his own feelings as he reacts against her dismissive perspective.
Weird analogy: When I'm in a restaurant and can't make up my mind, I flip a coin (actually, I roll a die). When I get a result that isn't what I want, the prospect of choosing it makes me realize oh yeah, that's not really what I want, I want the other one. So it helps me decide. Similarly, he doesn't really know his own mind and tends to avoid thinking about it too deeply--but when she says things he realizes aren't how he feels, it shows him something about how he does feel. So she's a handy foil.

@AlexandraH No, that's utterly, completely and in all other ways inconceivable! (There, now I've for sure made it happen)

Double-page supporter
These stories about broken childhood get me down. This is so bitter sweet...
Anyway, great work. Thanks a lot for this.

@AlexandraH Same! i ship them since ch. 5 after they have that conversation over phone in the movie theater. The author also did some BL manga and now with the trans rep in skip to loafer i'm really hoping for it to happen, to have more lgbt rep.

Users who are viewing this thread