Skip and Loafer - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Euphoric End to the Summer Break

Just binged this recently and I really like it. It's got more of a slice-of-life/human drama touch to it with romance being more of a slow burn in the background. That moment Shima had his inner monologue about people like Mitsumi being far out of his reach as she's slowly walking away, only for her to turn around and give him extra rice crackers, followed by Shima standing alone in that empty panel... That was really touching, but so melancholy at the same time.

@sardonic I like how you mention that! Now looking at that scene again it reveals that the only one who puts himself in a place of isolation and unworthiness (bc of the guilt from the other girl) is himself. Shima standing alone in that panel afterward really hits harder thinking about it like that now.
Looking forward to seeing all these characters' growth!

i see a pinch of angst in slice of life and i lose it wuahh TT_TT please dont hurt these kids!!!!!

Thank you for translating this, I bought the digital mangas despite not knowing Japanese to support the author. It is one of my favourite series. Keep up the amazing work!

Users who are viewing this thread