Slime Saint - Ch. 3 - "Di..."

Dex-chan lover
You know what? This brings to mind that manga about an ignorant tanuki who impersonated a family's dead child. The tanuki wasn't fooling anyone but the parents were still happy to see their child again. So even if this saint is obviously possessed people will probably decide to go along with it because the slime is nicer

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what happens in the next episode of Mobile Suit: Slime. So far every chapter left me wanting for more. As far as scanlating this goes, this chapter was painful to clean and I'm sure the other people on the team also struggled a bit with it. Glad everyone likes this series. I think the carefree attitude of the slime really makes Jelly's new character work out.

Dex-chan lover
Slime going to have to work extremely hard in order to fix this nobles reputation

Dex-chan lover
For the translation Note: you better watch the first season of Higurashi if you like that type of Discipline, there is a part where show you what means tearing apart your nails

Double-page supporter
Is it customary for nobles not to eat as a family or is it just in Manga that this occurs?

If it isn't customary then where is her family at? I mean throughout the story so far we have seen her interacting with the staff but not her family! If the slime was able to eat with her family even if they were afraid of her or had the same nasty personality as Jelly then the slime would have been able to connect memories to actions (i.e. proper eating manners), because the staff is too terrified of her to correct her manners.

Dex-chan lover
Is it customary for nobles not to eat as a family or is it just in Manga that this occurs?
I'm thinking they just bailed on her. For understandable reasons.

Normally, in manga, they eat together, unless it's someone who's ostracized.

In real life, they ate together. People generally did things together. For a large part of history, families even slept in the same bed.

Supporter
what a creative chapter name, "D"

translator might need some "correction" indeed
The original chapter title was just お. It was alluding to the wordplay on おしおき. I've updated the chapter title to "Di..." to make it clearer, but the original was pretty vague to begin with.

Dex-chan lover

If it isn't customary then where is her family at? I mean throughout the story so far we have seen her interacting with the staff but not her family! If the slime was able to eat with her family even if they were afraid of her or had the same nasty personality as Jelly then the slime would have been able to connect memories to actions (i.e. proper eating manners), because the staff is too terrified of her to correct her manners.

That's a fair and interesting question. Noble practices greatly differed depending on the era and region. But for the most part, it should be with family, if not an outright communal affair. Masters/Mistresses of the household could usually have the option of eating alone and in private though...I mean, it's their household. So assuming the writer thought that far, it could hint at her host's status.

Otherwise it's quite impractical for meals to be served to one member of the family at a time. In many nations, while people sort of had multiple meals a day, there was really only one substantial meal, aka dinner (which wasn't always in the evening/night). And it was usually a huge one, meant to last them for the whole day and could take hours. Imagine catering that to multiple personages separately.

Users who are viewing this thread