Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 0 - Prologue

@TheOneWhoSighs you seem like someone who is a fanboy of those groups, I am neutral to both MD and those groups and from everything I saw I dont see how MD / Holo treated them unfairly, those groups act like they own the stuff they translate and try to turn it into a business with their donation begging.
I saw Holo saying that if these groups leave MD out of greed, he wont hire them if MD ever gets money to be a business, which isnt even a "disrespecting" statement, everyone would do that and go for those who are loyal. Nobody is going to read their shit on their sites now, everyone reads it on kissmanga or other sites that dont even care in the slightest about them. This only hurts the groups and not mangadex in the long run.
Them replacing what is lost is only natural, stuff like this has a huge following and another group will do it since its a free pass to publicity and its actual good shit

@animekek69 I'm like you i'm neutral i read SL on their website tho, but I dont think you can run a ''business'' when you get barely 250$ per month by patreons

@Holo

Oh no, you do treat them all the same.

You treat them all like dirt when they don't do what you want. Calling them "irrational" for not uploading to your platform.

05.png

Or.. hmmm. Idk.

Pretending it's all about the money on that thread.

Which even Plyk on a podcast admitted was done solely because you don't have any dirt on them.

When are you going to put a clearly visible privacy policy on your site btw? Especially if you're going to be collecting people's address information to sell them mouse pads. Mr. "The Scanlators all pulled out for the money"

there's a translated version of this manhwa 70+ in Jaiminis Box ......

why do you make another one, its like im in nhentai site now...i don't really get this people

Miku best girl
Admin
@TheOneWhoSighs

If groups are on discord are asking for help, then I offer help.

Also, I have never said "nothing of value was lost". Gaps on any title (whether it's the most popular one on the site or not) is a problem, and if other people are willing to help fill in these gaps, then great.

Lol, back to using out of context screenshots taken over a year ago now, are we?

@Holo

Oh yeah, the "context" on that one was a guy was being harassed because one of you your admins edited his post, and your ravenous community decided to eat him up.

And instead of dealing with the situation like a rational adult would've. You decided to direct all of those people to go and bug JB.

Yeah, you're right. The context makes such a big difference there. How could I have missed how the context made you look like a far better person.

Nice dodging on the privacy policy btw. Nice dodging on how you decided to smear the scanlators as leaving "for profit" motives despite you having nothing on them.

Dex-chan lover
@Her0 Because JB pulled it out from here to make people go read it there even though they were already getting that via their delayed releases.

And people are allowed to translate whatever the fuck they want. If some other series isn't getting translations then maybe that's because no one wants to translate it.

If someone decides to translate and upload it here, I see no problem, since the titular group decided to depart. While I am strongly against sniping, in this case, this is not the case, so nothing to criticize. And since I like everything in 1 place, I don't intend to follow multiple groups. I prefer not to read their things at all. Nothing against people that do though, quietly go there and read it... and take your drama with you, thanks. Signed: an annoyed silent forum lurker.

Group Leader
@TheOneWhoSighs
Thank you very much for all of your feedbacks, mainly pointing what's wrong with my TL.
I get it that this is the most popular series in MD and I will most likely get a lot of criticism as this series is being done by a new, completely inexperienced guy, who most likely have broken English and have little creativity.
But that's why all of your (all the readers) criticism is very much appreciated and with that makes me better at TL-ing.

Don't machine TL,
I translate this on my own, albeit not from the raws but from another language. I use a little bit of help from google tho.
get a PR,
I'm sorry but, what's a PR? (I'm new at this kind of job, still don't know many of the terms)
get a redrawer,
I'm working on that now. While I can redraw on my own, this will speed up the works.
buy the actual raws instead of reusing the edits,
I only have a little money, and even if I have money, I haven't yet the means to buy. (or know how to, maybe in the future)
and do a series that isn't already being scanlated.
Well, this series is already scanlated, but the scanlator moves away with their works. I just want to bring this series back, at least in MD.

@NoForcee

They're free to ban me.

Or I'll get bored of this in a while and move on.

It's not like I'm that Kronix guy or w.e. that posts "beta cuck MC" at the end of every romcom chapter. That takes far more dedication than I have to this.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@TheOneWhoSighs
When a group pulls out of MD, we're not responsible for telling everyone why they pulled out. So yes, we direct readers to the group in question.

And once again, using out of context Discord quotes from one side of the conversation without posting the whole thing. Really lends weight to your arguments, eh?

@schyzd

I translate this on my own, albeit not from the raws but from another language. I use a little bit of help from google tho.

Ahh, that makes sense.

Anyway.

PR is a "Proof Reader". They read through the translated version and correct any grammatical mistakes while remaining as true to the original meaning as possible.

Good luck bud. I don't hate you or anything. Sorry for being all drama llama on you. It's just the timing and all.

@animekek69

Why would I translate it myself? JB does a good job and I don't have anything against them.

@TheOneWhoSighs You know what I appreciated the most in your post? The criticism to the author of this chapter. That actually helps the author, he can get better with examples on his/her mistakes, a little bit rude sure, but it helps him.
The rest of your post is a biased opinion of someone who... not hate, just doesn't like the admin of MD. It is biased, because every opinion is biased by default. It can be shared, agreed on, but it will always be biased in any way or form.

You may hate this site and his community, then why come back here and help the author of this scanalation? I don't get you, but at least your passion is strong and I feel your love for the scanalation community in general, so here is some love in return ♡♡♡♡

@schyzd
Since you're translating this from Indonesia, let me help you with a bit of translation. You may consider this as suggestion only since translating this from being already translated from English is just... dumb.

"The tunnel which connects unknown dimension to ours, gate".
"Those who hunt them are called "hunter"".

"My name is Sung Jin-Woo. I am a hunter".
"Let's do the best today".

Be warned. You are going to miss a lot, I mean A LOT of contextual reference since instead of korean translation, you are simply re-translating this from already translated from English back just to please the fans.

I deeply respect you for doing this, but if it's translated from another language, no matter how good you are with Indonesian, there will always be a miss on the content :)

@Zephyrus

Oh god, yes. I'm so sorry Zeph. Context context context.

https://prnt.sc/o04h30
https://prnt.sc/o04jfh
lv4NSgC.png

https://prnt.sc/o04j61
vwvbwT3.png

TOBaIO1.png

So let me get this straight.

The context is: One of your admins riled up the community by editing in a particular aggregate's link. And then once that riled them up and they were attacking the poor lad for shit he didn't do.

You direct those people..... to fucking JB. Telling those people that JB is **irrational** for not uploading to mangadex.

And this context makes you look good.... how exactly?

Users who are viewing this thread