Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 108

@karanga not much of a spoiler other than the person's appeal yet I tag it as spoiler.
If they stay woth the ln she's way too old

Dex-chan lover
aaand things will go south in terms of plot from now on, I hope the art style will save it a bit 🙄

Dex-chan lover
Wow, they cut ALL the tension out of that scene with Adam White and the deputy director. Literally all of it. How disappointing.

How it was supposed to go is that White was in charge of bringing Jin-Woo by any means necessary, so initially he teases information, but as Jin-Woo starts to leave casually, he like, actually fucking panics. He's not supposed to mention Selner at all in public, but he has to get Jin-Woo's attention even at risk of someone overhearing, so he says it.

Then, in front of the deputy director, when Jin-Woo mentions "upgrader", Connor looks semi-annoyed at White, who looks back semi-nervous and with a kind of "there was nothing I could do, I got him here, right?" face on, and then Connor goes back to try to put on a nonchalant act in front of Jin-Woo.

In a chapter for which there is NO COMBAT AT ALL, there really isn't an excuse for this art to not capture what is clearly supposed to be the most epic/exciting exchange of the entire chapter. The artist is just going through the motions and I'm getting progressively more annoyed. The story is already headed into a downward spiral for the next 3 arcs, if the artist makes it even worse I'm going to drop this.

He saves 99 people but is criticized for leaving one.

Why didn't he go to Jeju at the start again???

@Meri08 He didn't go because his mother just woke up and he wanted to spend some time with his family. He thought the korean and japanese s-rank would be enough (which would have been the case without the king ant that nobody knew about)

Fed-Kun's army
@Meri08 Because his Mom just woke up from eternal slumber mostly, he didnt want to make her worry right away and thought that like 30 japanese and korean S-rank hunter could do that easily alone. (and well, he still had safety measures in place anyway in case something unexpected happened)

@codetaku Yeah, its already sad that some situations are less tense due to less text than the LN, but here they could have at least show him flustered while trying to get jinwo to go with him, instead he looks all cool.

@kamishiniyari Be aware of da spoiler, but you asked for it ^^:
She gets very scared, since normal awakened have a sort of "tunnel" that connects them to a power source, and her ability can open that tunnel further, so that more power can flow trough, increasing the "limit" a person has. In his case however there exists no tunnel, all his power resides directly in him, no connection somwhere else and so he has no limit at all. She describes it like "looking into a endless abyss" to the american director when jinwoo left

In general about all the "an upgrader? there are more like him?" comments :
No humans, no, she is just a normal awakened and her ability is just that she can strenghten other awakened to a extend (so no F to S rank stuff, not even close)

Dex-chan lover
But it'll turn out she's useless. He's way past the point of her help.

@Meri08

Protect your family. That's his reason.

gotta hate how they killed several people when no one really died besides the healer hunter in the LN, just to semi-introduce the chinese hunter in a boring way, they only got his body back after the knight guild went to the island and there was even an emotional exchange with the healer mother thanking him for "cleaning" the island(which only took him a day and not 3) so they could get his corpse faster/without being eaten by the ants, and the adam white exchange by the car complety ruined of course all of this in my humble opinion(and some friends)

Contributor
The more forced romance ever.

Girl: This guy doesn't stiink but I don't know why, I don't even know why people still but who cares I will fall for him.
Plot!

Couldn't the hunter association just let out new like "we didn't invite sung jin woo because he is a new hunter who fights solo so we cant have him risking other lives but we had him as a backup."

Users who are viewing this thread