Solo Leveling

What is the main character's motivation to become so powerful? Does he have any goal?
In the first chapters he indeed had some sort of motivation, but after the season 1 finale, everything seems kind of pointless to me. The main character just seems to be reacting to the world changes around him without any final goal in mind.
I can feel some hard Bleach/Nanatsu no taizai vibes in this, and I don't understand how such a shallow story can be this applauded.

@myGodWhyGod his motivation is wanting to keep himself and his family safe as he knows there are many still stronger then himself and also people naturally want to improve the stronger the hunter the more they can earn as well

gonna ask again, are there still people that think this is somewhat hateful towards other countries? so far the only reason to believe that is the "mass killing of their S ranks" but that also happened to korea, I still can't grasp why people think that way

Is it ever explained whats the motive of the Japanese Hunters exterminating Korean Hunters?? I feel like its never really explained and they just wanna make Japan the bad guy again... I mean yeah sure Imperial Japan has commited atrocities but damn woukd they ever let go of the hatred?? Because I tell you this is not the only manhwa whos taking shots trynna make Japan the absolute evil of the world. Korea aint the only country Japan has ever invaded and commited mass rape or murder, theres Nanjing and the Philippines and others I dont know about, but ive never seen others hate on Japan using supposedly entertaining media such as manhwa as they do in Korea, but maybe there are some which ive never seen, not like I can read everything.

@Pucci83
The LN expands far more and suggests the plan to betray them was motivated by greed/power; if the Korean S ranks die in the raid, they will be forced to rely on Japan and make them pay for their services and/or take control of Korea.

Users who are viewing this thread