Solving Queen Ophelia's Mysterious Death - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Supporter
So while the main plot line is now solved, what remains are just a couple key points with the Fairy King.

In chapter 2:
1) He simultaneously lays out the stipulation that there is a time limit to complete her wish in, but also gives implication that if she completes it that she might...not die again?
image.png
image.png

The only reason I can think for him asking this question is thinking that she'd solve it sooner than the time limit. There wouldn't be a reason to ask if she were to need all ten days, only to die once more regardless of fulfilling the wish or not.

2) This line he uses before Ophelia puts the crown back into its box and shuts him away.
image.png

If this were another series you could conclude that it was a bluff to remain out of the box; but the plot here has been built up entirely on lines and actions being said and done deliberately, so I'm very apprehensive to dismiss it.

Dex-chan lover
Plot twist: It's all in her head. The Fairy King can't revive people from death so he's letting Ophelia having a dream being resurrected and actually solving the case.

Dex-chan lover
I really like how they used Oliver here mostly cause I've seen this type of character played for romance god knows how many times, the fact that he had the one chance to save the queen but was far too worried about getting cuaght being a pervert speaks volumes about him and his so called love, that slap along with his disillusionment was just so fulfilling

Dex-chan lover
I guess even after being dropped from the balcony she didn't die, which is the loophole she'll use to get out of her deal with the fairy king.
her plot armor is fucking insane then. Poisoned, strangled and thrown out of a balcony and still alive.

Dex-chan lover
Ehh, she still died in the end, that much is certain.
you mean in the end of that night, or the end of the series? Cuz I'm pretty sure she
will still be alive after this, since there's a sequel novel and she's alive in there (if the MTL translation I read was right.)

Dex-chan lover
i'm sorry, but i really would love it for her to just die after all this and thus her story will become a legendary one
While it would feel nice if she survived, I agree that the story would be better if it stuck to its premise and she dies. But I don't think she will because...
her plot armor is fucking insane then. Poisoned, strangled and thrown out of a balcony and still alive.
Rasputin level plot armor. Even if other commenters hadn't pointed out
she is still alive in a sequel.

Dex-chan lover
She's not gonna die, is she. Because she solved the mystery, she's gonna live. Especially since the second unknown condition the fairy king mentioned could be "Fulfill you regret and you will live".

Users who are viewing this thread