Sometimes Even Reality Is a Lie! - Ch. 158 - Are You Sure He's Not A Girl?

Double-page supporter
Art style would be a particular way of depicting something. Say emphasizing certain features. The Simpsons characters are all drawn in the same style, beyond being yellow. This is just the same face with very slightly different hair. Not that I'm knocking the mangaka, its why most manga characters have different hairstyles or trademarked hair accessories, to make it easier to tell them apart. Just in this case their hair isn't that different.
straight hair always look similar also the Simpsons art style suffer with the same face síndrome just look at Simpsons, Futurama and that other show made on the same art style

The joke is lost in translation

Originally the mom said
"もう一肌
脱いでくれる?"
一肌脱いで mean lending a hand

But kaoru misinterpret it as "can you take it off for me?" Because 脱いで also mean taking off your clothe or to undress
So maybe in english it would be something like "Help us pull this off" (successfully execute a plan) so it can be misinterpreted to "pull off your dress"

Dex-chan lover
i'm used to it being a one-chapter thing that japanese apparently find funny
here we are at chapter 158 so yeah idk how i got this far still tolerating it
the lgbt types are getting excited, instead of offended that they're being taken lightly, so i guess that's my signal to drop
LGBT people aren't nearly as easily offended as you think they are. A lighthearted story about a boy who starts crossdressing to avoid getting pummelled by his friend's dad isn't offensive.

But it is nice to have a character you can see even a fraction of yourself in who isn't just the butt of a joke. Even if you have to grasp at some straws to really make the connection, it can be very nice. Especially when they're a protagonist.

LGBT people aren't a monolithic hive mind, and it's best not to judge an entire group by the worst people you hear about. We're individuals, just like straight people, and just like straight people there's plenty of abrasive assholes that don't represent the whole.

LGBT people that love anime aren't going to come for your animes. We have the same trash taste as everyone else. Our waifus and husbandos are shit, just like everyone else.

Relax.

Dex-chan lover
i'm used to it being a one-chapter thing that japanese apparently find funny
here we are at chapter 158 so yeah idk how i got this far still tolerating it
the lgbt types are getting excited, instead of offended that they're being taken lightly, so i guess that's my signal to drop
Use your main account, Smol, I'm sure you'll be able to use it for a long time.

Supporter
I thought that second to last panel was the meme page at first

Users who are viewing this thread