Song of the day?

@MawMaw sorry mate, can't help it. on some days I feel like I'm twice as old as i actually am

nothing beats a nice comfy sofa + a good vynil + a pipe with fine tobacco or a decent cigar🧐

Dex-chan lover
@Tscheddov
what's your opinion on this one ?
Prob a must-add for any greatist hits playlist imo. Peace of Mind is my fav Boston song personally tho.

@MawMaw
unlike most of the shit that's created nowadays this is Music.
dont be a boomer bro
Might sound like a bit of a blanket statement yeah, but he's not wrong.

When it comes to songs that fill the top of charts like the Billboard Top 100, there are a shit ton that can't hold up to the time/effort put into songs from thirty or so years ago. A lot of great music is still made today, but some of the shit that's heavily promoted is just gross. Even though it's all ultimately subjective, no one with even a semblance of reasonable taste would claim that something like WAP is on some higher artistic level or holds more meaning than Song To Sing When I'm Lonely. Not saying people can't choose what they like/dislike ofc, just saying that some shit is so far down there that I wouldn't be being honest if I didn't call it legit trash.

Dex-chan lover
@Tscheddov
boomer is a ~state of mind~ bratha
@bigtiddyoneesan
yeah those are trash but the 'today music' also create Frank Ocean's Night, today music aint really that grim and really, a good or emotional or innovative music are out there and we also dont need to use billboards or radio to point us what kind of music we should like, like how many of Led Zeppelin fan get in touch with Pet Sounds or Future Days or Pink Moon back in the day (and musician now dont really need label to create music they want), also some of those back in the days crowd go 'hurr durr trap more like crap is all about drug and music' while they listen to fucking Kiss just makes me smh my head. I feel like some of my argument up there not that great but oh well
anyway, those kinda talk reminds me of Fantano video about PJW lmao.

@bigtiddyoneesan

I agree with you

@MawMaw
unlike most of the shit that's created nowadays this is Music.

You're right, that sentence sounded kinda arrogant. I didn't mean to sound that way or put myself or my personal references above others.
Also should have marked it as my opinion. I am sorry !🙁

I think there is still good music made today (electronic, rock, pop etc. alike)
But to me a lot of the newer pieces all sound the same and i think thes song lack craftsmanship.
The songs I think of while saying thaht are being shoved in my face by TV Commercials on a daily basis or are played felt 1000 times a day on the radio. everyone of those promoted artists are (quote) ''exceptional artists, one of a kind, the voice of a whole generation'' (according to the promoters) and i dont feel thaht. they usually sell one (debut) album and are never to be seen or heard of again

I am not really used to discussions on boards and Forums in a foreign language, so please have mercy if i goof something up.🙂

Aaand my pick for todays song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enuOArEfqGo

Fed-Kun's army
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UxM5UgpXYM4

Please, procede with caution...
--------------------------------------------------
Also, guys what is "The Caretakers - Everwhere at the end of time"?

Is that a boss//cool soundtrack?

Dex-chan lover
Steve Winwood - Higher Love

Don't judge.
Too late.
It aight.

@MawMaw
yes bro good music is still made today but smdh tbqh the GOOD OLD DAYS where did they go man smh fuck bro we'll never get them back fam smh what happened to music
7d5.png

Users who are viewing this thread