Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Ch. 103

Dex-chan lover
So Granpa is %100 gonna die before he can see his work huh? Since we are going through the cliche story beats one by one, that should be next in line closer to the finish.

Also another half a chapter dedicated to wanking over the cosplay lol.
Nah, he'll see it literally on his deathbed with his last breath. Just like Chizuru's movie and Sayuri.

Dex-chan lover
  • I love that Wakana has his own goal AND that it conflicts with Marin's. That's a great setup right there that should've occurred to me from the start of the series. RIP my grandparents. If yours are still with you, appreciate them while they're alive.
Be proactive. Don't wait until they're gone to appreciate your PARENTS that way too.

Dex-chan lover
All these people crying about this arc not being happy go lucky, bro its called having a story? You know? Not every manga has to be just straight from point A to B. The author clearly cares about gojo and marin , having them go throught REAL emotions , the fuck you mean "made up drama"? Both are trying to decide what they will be in the future, and if that would involve eachother. IT CLEAR its not an easy desition for any of them.
Have some patience for once.
Season 1, Episode 11 of the anime really confused people.

Supporter
Y'ALL THINK THAT THIS IS LONG ? THINK OF YANKEE JK KUZUHANA-SAN FANS, AND THERE IS NO HAREM.
At least the MC over there's been straight-up confessed to and/or asked to enter a relationship multiple times. Here we got the one girl chickening out multiple times. (Although both leads are at about the same point in thinking nobody seriously wants them. So there's that.)

Also, even though YJK has racked up more chapters numerically, I don't think it's been running as long as SBD just because the chappies drop much more frequently over there. But we're definitely all suffering.

Supporter
I like how everyone else has the same idea, but one twist hopefully with this trope is that the childhood friend might be another cosplayer and she'll become friends with Marin

Threesome is nice too
We already have plenty of doujin fodder, thank you.

Fed-Kun's army
At least the MC over there's been straight-up confessed to and/or asked to enter a relationship multiple times. Here we got the one girl chickening out multiple times. (Although both leads are at about the same point in thinking nobody seriously wants them. So there's that.)

Also, even though YJK has racked up more chapters numerically, I don't think it's been running as long as SBD just because the chappies drop much more frequently over there. But we're definitely all suffering.
I'm grateful for Nagatoro and Hitomi

Supporter
"Wanna come with me?"
No way the old Wakana could've done something like invite a girl to a festival or any event for that matter. Our boy is still developing, but he's progressed enough to be able to do something like this. But it ended up becoming something else other than what I'd have hoped...
Putting that bit at the beginning was the worst Lucy/football move ever.

Dex-chan lover
People might be more receptive to slower plot development if the actual content of the chapters was still engaging and interesting, but it has been very obviously padded for quite some time. The chapters including and following the Haniel cosplay are the worst offenders. The sheer number of pages dedicated to characters reacting to the Haniel cosplay, followed by even more pages dedicated to characters expositing on how popular it got, has made the chapters extremely repetitive. The plot isn't developing slowly because the author is taking their time to detail an interesting path from one point to the next. The plot is developing slowly because most chapters for the last 6+ months have included more panels that retread the same ground than panels in which something new and interesting is shown. The former would be great, and the latter drives people crazy.
I'd pander on your opinion more if the last 2 chapters didn't happen.

Dex-chan lover
really enjoy the Haniel cosplay part of this arc and how this particular chapter panned out, and I do understand since the adaption there is so much work with artbooks and showrooms and all that but my god this is such a bummer. 2 months of break and after a gazilion filters in the last 2 chap we get a tease of a childhood rival up next? Like come on there is no way this non-chan isnt modelling or cosplaying, especially after that pump fake with the dragon jacket fangirl

Dex-chan lover
Oh this bitch is finally showing back up? Hope Gojo just straight up ignore her, but guess that wont happen…

It's not even funny with that phone, when Marin wanted to talk about what happened at Comiket... Literally bottom tier writing here, forced drama at the same level as that rental GF bullshit
Its a outdated cliche for sure, but it isn't as bad as Rent. Lets be real.

Fukuda is so good at getting tension across. Those pages of the two of them talking were dripping with discomfort even when neither of them were shown.

Calling Non-chan's appearance "forced drama" is silly considering Non-chan is the reason for basically everything about Gojo's personality. She's literally on PAGE ONE of the whole series! It would be more surprising if she didn't show back up at some point. Her reappearing means he can finally get closure.

Thanks for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread