Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Ch. 96

Dex-chan lover
Gojo has done a wonderful job on the cosplay. Wish he would compliment himself more.
Really the the exhibition pictures.

Aggregator gang
I've blocked the other group as their dialogues dont really feel like they are the right version. Also I love the extras your group puts out (eg. this time was exceptional). So dont worry about anything and keep doing what you do.

Thank you for the TL and extras. Loved them too much. :hearts:

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the exhibition material!

"Cute girls, romcom, and panty shots. Don't make the eyes too detailed."

The feedback the author is receiving from the editor is truly profound.

Dex-chan lover
Everybody is talking about wakana and marin, and meanwhile nobody is talking about the absolute MILF in page 42
Yum yum

Fed-Kun's army
That Wakana dakimakura had me cacklinggg
That being said, I love all the focus on Wakana lately!! It really feels like it's been a long time coming. He needed to come to love himself before any actual progress with Marin could start. I really hope he feels fulfilled by this cosplay!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the exhibition pictures and translations, that's the kind of quality you just won't get with official volumes.

BTW on page 46 with the pajamas, is that spam musubi? It's probably not but that's where my mind went.

Dex-chan lover
yeah i know "marin herself" does nothing to appeal to the opposite gender (excluding gojo) in the manga

but i'm surprised fukuda thinks the "CHARACTER MARIN" she herself created does nothing to appeal to the male "AUDIENCE"
Because she's referring to what Marin herself does. She doesn't act girly or demure, she's very much out there and wears her emotions on her sleeve and does whatever she wants without any concern for propriety. Remember also that the only consideration being made here is for Japanese sensibilities.

Dex-chan lover
Because she's referring to what Marin herself does. She doesn't act girly or demure, she's very much out there and wears her emotions on her sleeve and does whatever she wants without any concern for propriety. Remember also that the only consideration being made here is for Japanese sensibilities.
i don't think so, she was refering specifically to the character appeal to the male audience since she brought it up talking about how the manga was published on a magazine with a "male-heavy" audience, how meanwhile gojo was designed to be liked by male readers and how she was even worried that "it wouldn't be okay because of this"

like HOW? how do you look at marin and say "yeah male readers aren't gonna like her" HOW? like yeah i'm sure not absolutely EVERYONE likes her but thinking that might be the general consensus is strange

also what's with "i made her not wear skirts and not eating crepes after ramen so i lost the chance to make her look cute"? japanese mentality is weird sometimes

Dex-chan lover
i don't think so, she was refering specifically to the character appeal to the male audience since she brought it up talking about how the manga was published on a magazine with a "male-heavy" audience, how meanwhile gojo was designed to be liked by male readers and how she was even worried that "it wouldn't be okay because of this"
Yes, and that is exactly what I'm talking about. Marin does not appeal herself to the audience with her actions or words, she just is who she is. If people like that, then yay, but that is not the intent of what she does and how she comports herself.

like HOW? how do you look at marin and say "yeah male readers aren't gonna like her" HOW? like yeah i'm sure not absolutely EVERYONE likes her but thinking that might be the general consensus is strange

also what's with "i made her not wear skirts and not eating crepes after ramen so i lost the chance to make her look cute"? japanese mentality is weird sometimes
Again, Japanese sensibilities. For "cute", you go with "skirt" (Female or Otokonoko~). Why do you think there's the obsession with skirts in maid and idol costumes that are designed to emphasize cuteness? Similarly, crepes are a "cute food", popular with girls and women trying to emphasize their cuteness. So, her personality is standoffish, she doesn't participate in "kawaii culture", she dresses like a Gal, plenty of reasons for her not to be liked at first blush.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, and that is exactly what I'm talking about. Marin does not appeal herself to the audience with her actions or words, she just is who she is. If people like that, then yay, but that is not the intent of what she does and how she comports herself.
i'm pretty sure the way she acted when he took her measurements was appealing to the male audience with her action
whatever marin does is decided by fukuda, she is the way she is and acts the way she does because fukuda wanted her to be like this, all i'm saying is:

fukuda, sis, you made a female character who's fine af, always speaks her mind and is straightfoward, likes videogames and anime, is open minded about everything, is confident about herself and when she wears revealing clothes doesn't go "what are you looking at?! hentai!", is liked by everyone but doesn't act like an asshole because of it like the stereotypical popular girl and also accepted her feelings instantly when she fell for the mc, how the hell were you expecting your male audience to not like her?

Dex-chan lover
fukuda, sis, you made a female character who's fine af, always speaks her mind and is straightfoward, likes videogames and anime, is open minded about everything, is confident about herself and when she wears revealing clothes doesn't go "what are you looking at?! hentai!", is liked by everyone but doesn't act like an asshole because of it like the stereotypical popular girl and also accepted her feelings instantly when she fell for the mc, how the hell were you expecting your male audience to not like her?
Because the male audience she is referring to is the JAPANESE male audience, one where gyarus aren't exactly the most popular kind of character (Why do you think gyarus almost disappeared entirely in the 2010s?), and one with the personality of Marin, 5 years ago when publication began, was certainly a difficult sell.

It's easy to see why she was worried, and was even expecting the axe because of it.

Situations like the one you mentioned (The "What are you looking at!?"), are popular tropes for a reason.
Mangakas keep adding them to their works because they're indeed popular with the general Japanese male audience, as annoying and tiring as we find them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread