Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Vol. 11 Ch. 87

Dex-chan lover
Amazing. Im just lmao at the fact the tittle is mentioned and it looks like the meme "there is it" from leo

You guys do an amazing job on whatever you work on. But why are you looking to pickup 'A galaxy next door' ? Its licensed and is ahead of current scanlations. You guys should put your effort on other titles.

Dex-chan lover
Why are so many worried that the title drop could mean a final arc? I have never read a manga where they drop the title and then boom!, it's finished.

So like the author Tokio Shiba is supposed to be Hideaki Anno right lol, they almost look identical in appearance.

I would assume they'd make an attempt with 'dress-up doll', since that's the type of doll the English title is playing off of.
That would be pretty stupid, since Bisque Doll is a specific type originating from France. Calling it "Dress-up doll" is like... a lot of dolls for girls, not specific to bisque dolls, come with a dress up feature. Not to mention that would be disingenuous, since it's pretty obvious that title drop is a follow up on Wakana googling and end up specifically on bisque dolls.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
That would be pretty stupid, since Bisque Doll is a specific type originating from France. Calling it "Dress-up doll" is like... a lot of dolls for girls, not specific to bisque dolls, come with a dress up feature. Not to mention that would be disingenuous, since it's pretty obvious that title drop is a follow up on Wakana googling and end up specifically on bisque dolls.
Not saying it would be a smart move, just that that's how they'd be likely to shoehorn it, instead of the aforementioned 'dress-up darling' example I was quoting. It's not like this scene has him literally saying 'a bisque doll is falling in love' or something like that, after all.

To be honest, I'd hope they don't even bother to try to adapt it to the English title and either acknowledge it won't work, or just not even realize that's a title reference in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
The typesetting on page 18 was very interesting. Makes me wonder if making a hybrid that is like a manga with animated scenes could be viable.
that's what webcomics do. I think wonder cat kyuu-chan is an example of this

Dex-chan lover
idk whats wrong but i cant see those changing text on Chrome, need to use other browser to see it... and without reading comment here, i wont even know those are gif, coz the text got piled up together and become some random scribble on chrome...

not meants to discredit someone, but this translation is definitely better, good job 👍🏼
data saver mode turns off gifs

I FREAKIN THOUGHT I WAS HALLUCINATING WITH THAT GIF PAGE 10/10

Dex-chan lover
Re reading this, I still get jump scared by the gif. The eyes though, the author drew the eyes so well, really captivating.

Users who are viewing this thread