Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Vol. 12 Ch. 93

Look, I know that this is a cosplay manga first and a romance manga second, but let's not deceive ourselves, most people started reading it in the first place because of Marin and the romcom elements it has, and I am one of them. The author had to make this manga interesting because if this manga was JUST about cosplay and didn't have a hot female lead like Marin to use as fanservice, then no one would fucking read it. I accepted this fact at first, because don't get me wrong, I don't hate the cosplay bits. But especially with the completely fucked schedule it has, the cocktease of a confession, and the sheer length of the last two cosplay substories made this manga so fucking boring for me. I can't take a break because I'm still incredibly curious about how this manga going, I keep waiting for chapters and get disappointed. I used to be a genuine fan, and I still keep buying the manga volumes to support the author, but man, I just hope we get something worth reading at least in the next chapter.

Double-page supporter
So get on with the cosplay already, then. This isn't cosplay. It's barely even preparing cosplay. It's thinking about preparing cosplay, and it's been going on for much too long.
You are the exact kind of idiot that lacks media literacy that i was describing on the previous chapter

You somehow can't process anything that isn't in your face, and even with how on the nose the author has been about Gojou's entire character arc, clearly hinting at all that he lacks and all his flaws (that we all saw during the entire length of the manga, from start to now, and only get adressed properly now)

The dude is going through a character arc to be his better self, to finally stop being so focused on differenciating all the different kind of craftmanships that exist, be it cosplay, hina dolls and so on, and to stop only focusing on one type when he could just use all of his experiences in those various fields to put them into his works

This entire Haniel cosplay arc has always been his character arc, it has been him challenging himself to finally look beyond his preconception of what is craftmanship and whay is a craftman, to which he finally got his answer granted only a partial one since he has yet to understand hos Gramps' words but he is getting there

Your entire focus on "Where is muh romance" is just missing the entire point of the arc, especially when the manga isn't just about romance in the first place

And you saying that this arc "ain't about cosplay" is even more missing the mark as the arc isn't about cosplay in general but about Gojou's very definition of what cosplay is and isn't cosplay, and how until now he had yet to understand that he can draw knowledge from things that wouldn't be considered "cosplay knowledge" so to speak

Even Akira's entire character is a fold for him since he gets to learn that making props for cosplay can be done using various kind of craftsmanship to begin with

God, can't believe I have spell this out that hard, media literacy truly is goddamn dead

Last edited:
You are the exact kind of idiot that lacks media literacy that i was describing on the previous chapter

You somehow can't process anything that isn't in your face, and even with how on the nose the author has been about the Gojou's entire character arc, clearly hinting at all that he lacks and all his flaws (that we all saw during the entire length of the manga, from start to now, and only get adressed properly now)

The dude is going through a character arc to be his better self, to finally stop being so focused on differenciating all the different kind of craftmanships that exist, be it cosplay, hina dolls and so on, and focusing and one type when he could just use all of his experiences in those various fields to put then into one work

This entire Haniel cosplay arc has always been his character arc, it has been him challenging himself to finally look beyond his preconception of what is craftmanship and whay is a craftman, to which he finally got his answer granted only a partial one since he has yet to understand hos Gramps' words but he is getting there

Your entire focus on "Where is muh romance" is just missing the entire point of the arc, especially when the manga isn't just about romance in the first place

And you saying that this arc "ain't about cosplay" is even more missing the mark as the arc isn't about cosplay in general but about Gojou's very definition of what cosplay is and isn't cosplay, and how until now he had yet to understand that he can draw knowledge from things that wouldn't be considered "cosplay knowledge" so to speak

Even Akira's entire character is a fold for him since he gets to learn that making props for cosplay can be done using various kind of craftsmanship to begin with

God, can't believe I have spell this out that hard, media literacy truly is goddamn dead
THANK YOU !

Double-page supporter

You somehow can't process anything that isn't in your face, and even with how on the nose the author has been about the Gojou's entire character arc, clearly hinting at all that he lacks and all his flaws (that we all saw during the entire length of the manga, from start to now, and only get adressed properly now)

The dude is going through a character arc to be his better self, to finally stop being so focused on differenciating all the different kind of craftmanships that exist, be it cosplay, hina dolls and so on, and to stop only focusing on one type when he could just use all of his experiences in those various fields to put them into his works

Just add up some more to my point to truly drive it through you guys' thick skulls since you managed to miss it

Gramps literally sent Gojou on a metaphorical adventure to help him develop his craft beyond the mere concept of Hina Dolls and y'all come out of the woodwork completely missing that when it legit came up in like episode 2 and the first 5 chapters of the manga and has been a recuring point since then

It has been front and center of Gojou's entire character from then to now, be it when he learned new craftsmanship method that are more adapted to the human body, when he learned about how to make cosplay accessories and even craftsmanship methods specific to certain type of clothing

This entire quest of his has always been there in the open and it is so goddamn frustrating to have people memoryhole one of the core component of the story that fucking hard just because of "Muh Marine one-sided crush", even if Gojou clearly got feelings for her but doesn't feel worthy of her but that quest of his is also there to give him confidence to go for it as well just like we could see during the school festival arc

I truly wish people would actually read and especially understand the medias they are consuming instead of being out there, missing half of the entire story

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
You know how in Silver Lining's Playbook, basically the entire movie is set to frustrate you so that the pay off is great?
I'm getting the same vibe.
Hope we get that payoff soon!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Just add up some more to my point to truly drive it through you guys' thick skulls since you managed to miss it

Gramps literally sent Gojou on a metaphorical adventure to help him develop his craft beyond the mere concept of Hina Dolls and y'all come out of the woodwork completely missing that when it legit came up in like episode 2 and the first 5 chapters of the manga and has been a recuring point since then

It has been front and center of Gojou's entire character from then to now, be it when he learned new craftsmanship method that are more adapted to the human body, when he learned about how to make cosplay accessories and even craftsmanship methods specific to certain type of clothing

This entire quest of his has always been there in the open and it is so goddamn frustrating to have people memoryhole one of the core component of the story that fucking hard just because of "Muh Marine one-sided crush", even if Gojou clearly got feelings for her but doesn't feel worthy of her but that quest of his is also there to give him confidence to go for it as well just we could see during the school festival arc

I truly wish people would actually read and especially understand the medias they are consuming instead of being out there, missing half of the entire story
You're not wrong, but you're yelling at NPC's that can be outsmarted by my German Shepard...

Dex-chan lover
Bro, I love this series, I have read since before the anime....but like jesus christ author. This is unnecessarily dragged out, this same "i can't do this/not good enough" trope has been used so many times it just becomes routine. Lowest of keys it shits on his own development as a character gaining self confidence. There is no change in how he views himself if we continue to do this to him. Part of me feels this is just being dragged for a chapter 100 confession.

Dex-chan lover
Thought we’d get more cosplay progress this chapter. Maybe Gojou will have more confidence after this cosplay.

Dex-chan lover
THESE WORDS GOJOU
FUCKING HELL
GO FOR IT! DON'T GIVE UP! FIGHT ON!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover

This entire quest of his has always been there in the open and it is so goddamn frustrating to have people memoryhole one of the core component of the story that fucking hard just because of "Muh Marine one-sided crush", even if Gojou clearly got feelings for her but doesn't feel worthy of her but that quest of his is also there to give him confidence to go for it as well just like we could see during the school festival arc

Your entire rant is completely accurate I've unfortunately dealt with these kind of idiots in multiple fandoms and they will never admit they lack reading comprehension.

Dex-chan lover
Bro, I love this series, I have read since before the anime....but like jesus christ author. This is unnecessarily dragged out, this same "i can't do this/not good enough" trope has been used so many times it just becomes routine. Lowest of keys it shits on his own development as a character gaining self confidence. There is no change in how he views himself if we continue to do this to him. Part of me feels this is just being dragged for a chapter 100 confession.
Gotta pad those volume counts when you aim for longer serializations

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like the author just genuinely forgot that this manga is actually a romance manga, and not one on how to create cosplays.

because, i really dont give a fuck how he makes his clothes and stuff. But for the past like 10 chapters, its just full of whatever this nonsense is...

Users who are viewing this thread