Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Vol. 7 Ch. 52

I mean... This class has made clear that they're only really putting in effort for this festival to win right? And the pageant is worth a shit ton of points... Being down one set of hands on the manual labor shouldn't hurt the stall too much, but only being able to half-ass the pageant would basically kill it since these two are the only ones who can do anything about that... A drop from like 100% manual labor to let's say 95% won't lose them too many points, but a drop from 100% effort for the pageant going down to what? 66%? The classmates will find a way to get by without him if they know that getting him to help them with the stall will guarantee they lose the pageant as it realistically would.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, now that I think about it. Who's going to crossdress as female?

Group Leader
They should ask for Gojou's exemption from building the stall, since he's already making the costume for Kitagawa

Dex-chan lover
Ugh, this time's cosplay sounds like a death march.
7-9 hours of sleep every day is important for your health.

Lmao at the beginning of the chapter I thought we got a chapter from other manga somehow posted in here 😂

Lol, honestly i thought i was reading something else for the couple pages the fake manga was in

@juviegar i think the problem is that he doesn't want to be the only guy who isn't doing it from a point of it would look weird to the other male students that he could get out of it when they all had to do that job rather than strictly because its a job he has to do.

Dex-chan lover
@KeiosKod I can only hope for a "you go on ahead and make her dazzle, we'll handle the rest of this work 👍"

My boy needs recognition for his hard work.

Dex-chan lover
What I don't understand is why she insists on crossdressing and playing flat characters, instead of valorising her assets. It would also translate in less work for him, as a bonus...

@Beregorn
If you don’t remember from the last chapter, people participating in the pageant has to dress as the opposite gender. Technically, Rei-sama is a girl but she’s portrayed as a “guy.” And Gojou-kun is a perfectionist, so insisting on making her body flat is a must for both of them.

I know some people probably found the chapter boring, but tbh between getting the fun aside of reading the source manga they've been raving about and getting to see so much of Gojou focused in on making the costume I think this was a great chapter for giving readers a feel for how dedicated cosplayers and costumers might approach a character they're emotionally invested in. It showed off, too, how good Gojou already is at all this, and made her more aware of how well he already knows her, not just personality-wise but in intimate ways that she probably hadn't thought of before. And to top it off, they established the tension for the next few chapters of him trying to pull off the miracle and her trying to find ways to help him while also practicing her part. I think it was really solid.

Users who are viewing this thread