Sono Ossan, Isekai de Nishuume Play wo Mankitsuchuu

Fed-Kun's army
I was looking for this particular Pothole of an isekai a few weeks ago, I hadn't downloaded it on my MR app that I still have installed and since there is no cover art remaining, the fact that someone came along and recently updated it made it that much easier.

It's like a late-night B-movie in manga form, this kind of self-inflicted punishment is my kink I guess.

I love them. Also Luna's cute... The ML is completely and totally bland and typical of all the stories that were coming out at that time of the year back then. Ah Nostalgic. Whelp, Time to bookmark and prep a reading list for my road trip of trash isekai's to take my mind off things.

Power Uploader
We will pick up this one We will need help with redraw on next chapters, If someone wants to help us Dm me

Dex-chan lover
Came to this comic wondering why it had a low rating. Makes sense now, since it is a story about an adventurer, and it skips all the adventures to jump straight to the result. Also, the handle on his sword is too damned short. Does he think it is Mjolnir?

Read this when you're sick of info dumps. You'll soon come to find out that you actually love them and took them for granted.

Artist doesnt understand humanoid body antonomy why is he hude and they so small with huge tiddies

I reread it from the first chapter and I raise the question.. That elf's dew, I believe it is something lewd lol 😂

I know why people are kinda mad at this manga, but, and hear me out, this is obviously not doing anything seriously, the MC is OP, no questions asked and there's barely a doubt that he will win, mostly because he properly choses his next objective, we're not here because we want the typical adventure of an OP isekai protag, we're here for the slice of life of an old man partying up with essentially his daughters(and suposedly later: his younger but thankfully legal, waifu), I don't want to bother reading an infodump of a protag using dubious real world science to make low level magic super efficient and more powerful than anything hundreds of years of magical research could not, I just want the story to move along and watch the interactions.

that said, this gets a 7 from me, it's fine and entertaining, nothing groundbreaking, but I am not here for serious storytelling, nation building or MAXIMUM DRAMA!!!! Slice of life and headpats are enough to entertain me.

ps: no I am not forgiving the author for basically never explaining shit, it just doesn't bother me as much because every single isekai manga follows basically the same tropes so it's easy to fill most of the gaps(aside from never mentioning the isekai, that should have taken at least a bare-bones explanation)

I feel like the author skipped a lot of adventuring.... Don't even bother with the rating on this site it's unreasonably haphazard cause of several reasons. (fans flocking from other sites, bad manga suddenly got a better anime, people with no taste or just new to manga vote...ect) Well in this extremely rare case the rating is on point. This IS a bad manga.

Dex-chan lover
Very odd. This deserves to be rated a 5, but is still better drawn and written than many manga on the site rated 7 and 8.

I didn't realize people felt so betrayed by just a misused isekai tag.

Dex-chan lover
@Substitution : it is not misused, the thing is the manga cuts out a lot of the plot. The MC is reincarnated into the world of a MMO he played in his previous life, many years/centuries after the time period of the MMO. Lots of his actions are based on that MMO knowledge.

Fed-Kun's army
Alright WN completed gutted to form this less than mediocre attempt at a manga. It cut out all the story and progression and I don't even know what they are going for with this.

Szczerze po takim czasie mimo znajomości angielskiego nie mam pojęcia co tu się dzieje, 4/10 w porywach do 5/10, nie jest to isekai wbrew temu co tag podaje, jakiejś porywającej fabuły też tu nie uraczysz, bym powiedział że to takie Kenja no mago anime lub arifureta anime, czyli jeden wielki zawód

80people rated this a 10?
so lets be clear shall we compared to the novel this manga only covers about 1/3 of the story and background making it episodic at best yet 80 people rated it perfect then what rating would you give the source novel? a 20?
thatswhy i seriously pity those 80 people must be hard to life with your limitations
similar to those affected by color blindness
one can't judge color and only sees shades and the other can knows colors but not shades

Read 3 chapters, and here's my thoughts:

1.) Pacing is garbage. It's jumping around with quick cuts from here to there, I'm personally losing where the story and speech are at the moment and where they are going. I'm completely confused as to why certain things are happening and why they're going to certain places.
2.) The artwork is not bad. Some proportions might have been off, but I didn't notice anything on my read-through. It's better artwork than many others that I've read.
3.) Where the hell is the story in the synopsis? It mentions his memories of being a corporate slave before his level reset so I imagined we'd get it before it, but I'm 3 chapters in and have seen literally nothing about it. The "As a bonus for resetting his level, his stats rise and the limits increase to the maximum" only appears in chapter 2 where the reset happened in chapter 1 (and with how it's shown, it seems less like it is a bonus for the reset and is a reward for clearing the first dungeon). "Using his knowledge of the game as well as his 10 years of experience" is never brought up at all. I get the feeling of "this guy is mature", but really none of it is shown and we're left with just trusting that "this guy is mature and experienced".

Overally, the story has a very solid premise based on the synopsis and the artwork puts a good portion of other mangas (especially isekai) to shame. However, whatever story the original web novel had has been completely gutted and jumbled up, making this a pretty bad manga overall.

So whatever happened to the egg?
Did they left it at the inn?
Placed inside their bag?

Dex-chan lover
@peppermilldetective : Ya, you need to read the novel to get everything. Lots or the story and background material cut or modified so it can progress faster and be a lighter read, but a lot of the story only really makes sense if you know he is in the world of an MMO (like how he knew how to find and time the egg's appearance, if anyone else knew that they would be farming the drops).

Users who are viewing this thread