Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 120 - False Hero Image

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's just me but I don't really like these whole thing about frieren not doing anything on the fake myth about himmel. This is the first chapter of this manga that I don't like.
Her reasoning was understandable though. It's sort of how Evita is looked upon as some kind of saint, and when the movie about her was made, it was looked upon as blasphemous.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's just me but I don't really like these whole thing about frieren not doing anything on the fake myth about himmel. This is the first chapter of this manga that I don't like.
Himmel didn't bother on the 100 meter gossip. Frieren knows that it won't bother Himmel, so as long as the fact that he did beat the demon lord and the serpent (10m) is still there, she won't say anything.

Like what they said before, people like to romanticize heroes. They will change or exaggerate facts that benefits Himmel's image. (Refer to the Hero Sword staying on the stone chapter)

Even our history already had mixed truth and lies in it. Only the dead knows the truth for us.

Aggregator gang
Hear ye! Hear ye! Ladies and gentlefolk! Let me tell you the stunning story of the Hero Himmel!

You have all heard the tales of how he singlehandely defeated the Evil Serpent who choked the very earth itself with its body!
But let me tell you another tale, a tale of his tremendous cunning!
You see, one day on his travels he found himself surrounded by enemies. However, our dashing hero did not falter and gave the brutes a riddle. A truly dasterdly riddle, and if any one of them could solve it, he would surrender to them without a fight.

Tell me, are you smart enough to solve the Hero's riddle?

And that is the tale of how the Hero Himmel managed to sneak away from the dreaded inhabitants of the netscape while they all groaned and facepalmed in unison.
I was actually hoping it was what I thought it was

Stop it with the AI crap at the end of every chapter. Scantlate and do no more, we don't want it.

Dex-chan lover
Himmel statue be like
_95390528_ronaldobust.jpg.webp

Dex-chan lover
The art is fairly detailed but not particularly fancy, both in the manga proper and in the extras, but through some principle of design I don't understand, it manages to create this very haunting sort of beauty.

It still manages to amaze me after 120 chapters, especially in these episodic and somewhat melancholic kinds of chapters it pairs so goddamn well with.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't it curious how we didn't see Frieren asking about things that might have changed? Is Miraculous Grausam and Sölitar still dead? Also, remember when she said she didn't recall killing Remnant Zart in the past? How could she, if she doesn't even recall leaving the Goddess' Monument? Lets be generous and say "Present Frieren" was in the past for two weeks, wouldn't Frieren recall a weird moment in her past where she has no memories of 2 whole weeks*?

This time travel arc raised a lot of questions, I wonder when we will get some answers for them.

Users who are viewing this thread