Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 120 - False Hero Image

Double-page supporter
The important thing of this chapter isn't the statue or the serpent.

Food is all that matters:
DYKNZWoO_o.png

Frieren loves these balls on a stick. She is a balls on a stick connoisseur. Whenever there is a festival she goes for them. This manga loops so well into itself. Just amazing.

(Left is this chapter, right is the 1st chapter victory celebration.)

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Imagine if the rumors devolve into Himmel having a 100m serpent....

A man of truly mythic proportions...

Dex-chan lover
I wonder...if there's an afterlife where Himmel's souls resides in, and if he were to be deified enough, could he ascend into an actual god?
really depends on how deities are born in this world, nothing seems to really point to the fact that the goddess gets stronger with more faith so my guess is no, deities in this world are probably either born or they need to get strong enough through their own means.

Dex-chan lover
All humanity epic tales, legend and history. Not just certain religion. Your view is too narrow. Here's another example that got same treatment :
  • Three Kingdoms
  • King Arthur and The Round Table Knights
  • Vlad Dracula
  • Admiral Zheng He Expedition
  • The Foundation of Japan
  • The Epic of Gilgamesh
  • Romulus
  • Classic Disney Fairytale
  • too lot to write more.....
Basically, every human history are either exaggeration version or defamation version of the real story. If they want to praise the character, they will exaggerating the story like "He can kill one person with just one finger". Or if they want to defame the character.
See how Romance of Three Kingdom distinct view about Shu and Wu. Shu kingdom is exaggerated so much, while Wu is demonized by the author as the example.

Example of over-defamation, see all words about Hitler. It's different if you look into deeper. Even Holocaust is debunked, the fact that he design VW Beetle which is also used for every Porsche 911 car, a car expert, Disney animation huge fans that he even drew fanart of Pinocchio, most atrocities war crime are in fact mostly planned & done by his peers without Hitler knew and approve, they are all in silent.
The reason why it's "narrow" is because I was on my break from work and I just wanna read other mangas I bookmarked before my time is up. You're quite assumptious and have that much free time to write this long eh? If you know this much then find a job that fits your intellect to support your family. Sheesh.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Since that time travel was the first time Frieren ever experience such a thing I can't believe she doesn't talk or think about it more with Fern and Stark. It is monumental discovery found possible in this world.

Frieren's attitude towards everything else could be she simply seen it thousand time already so she isn't that curious about it.

Dex-chan lover
The reason why it's "narrow" is because I was on my break from work and I just wanna read other mangas I bookmarked before my time is up. You're quite assumptious and have that much free time to write this long eh? If you know this much then find a job that fits your intellect to support your family. Sheesh.
Allow me to show you a mirror.

I pity for you who is working hard 3 jobs a day for a bread and only use holiday for vacation, but keep blaming religion for own misfortune. May God enlighten you.
That makes me so blessed that I have good stable income and investment while exploring the world :cool:

Maybe you need to try to go to Bali and join "internet nomad" so you can work while doing vacation and able to study the world. Today is the era.

Dex-chan lover
I really love her gentle, measured take on these things... and that ultimately, it's because of how Himmel felt himself. The world does stay saved, after all.

Maybe the reason he felt so sure about it was he knew there would always be one person who remembers precisely what really happens. Strangers he's never met might not know his face. And what of it?

She will.

Wait, didnt the anime just have Sein have a photograph made by a mage?
Does Frieren know the photograph spell? There could be photos of Himmel...
I don't think so, we only see Fern (the photo of her with her parents in the pendant) and Sein were photographed by magic, there are no photos of older generation elders. It's possible that photography magic was only recently discovered and put into use, similar to flying magic. If it had been discovered earlier, she would have saved souvenir photos of the hero's party and Flamme.

Dex-chan lover
All humanity epic tales, legend and history. Not just certain religion. Your view is too narrow. Here's another example that got same treatment :
  • Three Kingdoms
  • King Arthur and The Round Table Knights
  • Vlad Dracula
  • Admiral Zheng He Expedition
  • The Foundation of Japan
  • The Epic of Gilgamesh
  • Romulus
  • Classic Disney Fairytale
  • too lot to write more.....
Basically, every human history are either exaggeration version or defamation version of the real story. If they want to praise the character, they will exaggerating the story like "He can kill one person with just one finger". Or if they want to defame the character.
See how Romance of Three Kingdom distinct view about Shu and Wu. Shu kingdom is exaggerated so much, while Wu is demonized by the author as the example.

Example of over-defamation, see all words about Hitler. It's different if you look into deeper. Even Holocaust is debunked, the fact that he design VW Beetle which is also used for every Porsche 911 car, a car expert, Disney animation huge fans that he even drew fanart of Pinocchio, most atrocities war crime are in fact mostly planned & done by his peers without Hitler knew and approve, they are all in silent.
Bruh.

You were making really good points until you went and denied the Holocaust and started defending Hitler of all people.

Maybe it's just me but I don't really like these whole thing about frieren not doing anything on the fake myth about himmel. This is the first chapter of this manga that I don't like.

Users who are viewing this thread