Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 120 - False Hero Image

Dex-chan lover
Just recently started watching the anime. Had nearly forgotten about Sein. Maaan, I hope we see him again.

Dex-chan lover
Curious as a cat. But without the lives.

This misaligned belief reminds me a lot about fandoms and how fans misrepresent characters. It's so often they get hung up on minor insignificant details and hoist them up as if they're the very definition of the character, or just portray the character in a way they like them to be.

A 10 meter serpent isn't particularly long, unless it's unusually thick. It's about twice the length of the biggest snake we have. It'd be dangerous, sure, but not the kind you'd need a hero to slay.

Page 20 is pretty.

1000 meters? Nono, it was 2000 meters. Trust me, I'm an engineer.
Pretty sure it was 4000 meters. Trust me, I'm a fisherman.

I do like it that Himmel's image runs parallel with Christianity where we have images of Jesus Christ being Caucasian but in truth, we have no real images of him to begin with to base his Arabic origins. Welp, that's the renaissance for ya I guess.
Even textual descriptions are vague at best. The only definitive thing is that we know he was rather unremarkable and looked like the people around him.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, didnt the anime just have Sein have a photograph made by a mage?
Does Frieren know the photograph spell? There could be photos of Himmel...

Dex-chan lover
I did like how Kirei Cake did it a while ago, when they just showed off a handful of new art pieces done by the artist at the end of each chapter, but presently, the amount they tack on is kind of excessive. I don't think manga readers should be expected to click through various rough sketches and anime character designs. It's not particularly annoying, but I don't think it's considerate of the experience that the mangaka intended, to pile on random art like this that doubles the chapter length... well, maybe I shouldn't be expecting much in that vein from a scan group that also gave the characters an affected speech style.

Dex-chan lover
Himmel really has great patience, because Frieren still doesnt change from being too serious even after defeating Demon King. only after his death she became like now.

maybe frieren will actually lose it if the exaggeration/legends was about HImmel having many lovers throughout the journey, lol

Dex-chan lover
So how long 'till they stop worshiping the Goddess and instead worship the God Himmel, who traveled the mortal world to defeat the Demon King in their hour of need?

Dex-chan lover
I do like it that Himmel's image runs parallel with Christianity where we have images of Jesus Christ being Caucasian but in truth, we have no real images of him to begin with to base his Arabic origins. Welp, that's the renaissance for ya I guess.

Jokes aside, I think people prefer to have a religious image rather than have a hard time imagining it themselves. Word of mouth tend to change farther along the chain anyway but something has to stay consistent to make it unique as well.
Ayyo Jesus was korean and buff

Users who are viewing this thread