Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 120 - False Hero Image

Dex-chan lover
Stories have to change because the first time someone does something becomes less and less impressive the more that people do the same, but doing something the first time is the hardest because no one is sure it can be done nor do they know how it can be done. Most of what we do today we see as trivial, but were once amazing feats.

Dex-chan lover
tbqahi.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Hear ye! Hear ye! Ladies and gentlefolk! Let me tell you the stunning story of the Hero Himmel!

You have all heard the tales of how he singlehandely defeated the Evil Serpent who choked the very earth itself with its body!
But let me tell you another tale, a tale of his tremendous cunning!
You see, one day on his travels he found himself surrounded by enemies. However, our dashing hero did not falter and gave the brutes a riddle. A truly dasterdly riddle, and if any one of them could solve it, he would surrender to them without a fight.

Tell me, are you smart enough to solve the Hero's riddle?

And that is the tale of how the Hero Himmel managed to sneak away from the dreaded inhabitants of the netscape while they all groaned and facepalmed in unison.

Dex-chan lover
I do like it that Himmel's image runs parallel with Christianity where we have images of Jesus Christ being Caucasian but in truth, we have no real images of him to begin with to base his Arabic origins. Welp, that's the renaissance for ya I guess.

Jokes aside, I think people prefer to have a religious image rather than have a hard time imagining it themselves. Word of mouth tend to change farther along the chain anyway but something has to stay consistent to make it unique as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread