Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Village of Swords

So i kinda dig the implication, assuming the story about the sword is legit, that whatever the sword was actually made to do/slay hasn't actually shown up yet. It'll probably not be relevant (but then, they keep listing years so.....) but if it ever does come back up this is actually some pretty ace's set up.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if long long ago, Frieren already pulled the sword out but put it back in cause she couldn't bother to tell anyone...?

Dex-chan lover
Pulling it would start a different main event. If he pulled it, he would be dealing with two main events

I love freiren and fern always have emotionless face in every occasion, they definitely teacher and student

Dex-chan lover
Frieren has the face of someone having to do a boring dailies but every 50 years.

Man this series does a great job of balancing dry comedy, action scenes, and emotional drama. Every chapter seems to have 2/3 of them, and they're nailed every time.

Dex-chan lover
I think the only time the sword can be pulled out from the stone is when an apocalyptic scenario will occur. Not a new powerful demon lord that is greater than Himmel, but an Evil god that is set to reduce everything and everyone to nothing.

As long as the apocalyptic scenario doesn't occur, it is fine for the sword to stay there for now.

Dex-chan lover
Every damn chapter, there's a new nugget that makes me cry just a little bit more.

Dex-chan lover
maybe the sword already did its job and nothing new can compare to what calamity it defeated. Or that its sealing something and pulling it out would release the great calamity.

le3

Dex-chan lover
Real Hero party took so long to find the sword Himmel and co decided to off the Demon King by their own

Dex-chan lover
Half a century (or more), and Frieren would probably be journeying with Fern's kids then.

Dex-chan lover
It's actually a legendary warhammer and you pick it up along with the stone to hit the enemies.

I hope Frieren's quest this time also doesn't need the legendary sword.
It's another denying to the usual trope of Great Evil awakening in the MC's era.
10 coppers ? That king really was a cheapskate why bother to give anything at that point ? You can find more then that in some guys closet
The impression from Himmel's words after, they're not that special. There are many parties taking the quest in search for fame and glory. Perhaps so much, it's not sustainable to actually pay them significant sum before they actually gives any result.

Hmm I wonder how that sword story came about? Who put it there? Why does it attract demons? Who will pull it out?

Dex-chan lover
I bet Frieren could've pulled that sword easily... maybe juggle it a few times, then stick it back into the pedestal for the lols.

Fed-Kun's army
Of course he can't pull out the sword, only Link can.

I love how the author portrays Himmel, definitely a true hero, nothing special, not destiny, nor help from any deity or god, and yet, he accomplished what everyone else though impossible, that is what's really needed to become a hero in my opinion.

@HyoEden Totally agreed. Himmel's really kind of like the Everyman. It's like "you want to be a hero? Then go out and actually BE a hero. No gimmicks. No tricks. Just BE the person you are supposed to be."

This was a great chapter.

EDIT: You know, interesting thought. What if the sword's entire purpose is simply to encourage a new generation of heroes by giving them something to aspire to rather than actually be used? To create people like Himmel who realize that the important thing isn't the trappings of what the hero gets to use, but actually BEING a hero that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread