Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 5 Ch. 41 - Moment for Resolve

I'm really excited about these chapters, they give us a glimpse of what the north is like and of how powerful our Fern is. I'm starting to like the blond guy, I thought he was also a killer psycho but despite his looks, he's pretty wholesome

Dex-chan lover
@azewi I mean if you can repeatedly cast a spell with little amount of mana and as fast as possible, why not? You can easily overwhelm your opponent if you can somehow figure out that you can multi cast the same spell over and over again. Heck, you might even have enough mana for more barrages.

yasss fern, she's my girl 😭, she's so good haha. Too bad she's human with such a short life span compared to her master

Dex-chan lover
@azewi what nomadi explained is the first, the second is like Frieren she normally fight with just 1/10 of her total mana, and the cool part is that 1/10 is enough to qualify her as a good mage.

@Doomroar maybe you not see it, but any less qualified mage will be easily killed in that fight.

Dex-chan lover
>NOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST FIGHT EFFICIENTLY YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT LOOK COOL TOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAH STOP YOU'RE BLOWING THE FUCK OUT OF ME I KNEEL

IMO the number of mage/combatant in general in this world increase and decrease by necessity
Remember the situation that we are seen here is 80 years since the Demon-King died/defeated and as far as I know this world didn't really run with the central-government format either so security and threat consistency wasn't exactly a thing here.

Another thing is that the examiner never really say that they need to kill each other to pass this exam the condition was to capture the Bird without losing any of their members that they were assigned to, and also no one forcing them to participate is all about privilege and desire.

Now I get why some people complaining about the current arc pacing seeing that this manga usually run in episodic or at most four-part chapter format and I am not saying that you shouldn't criticize the logic or the reason either but mentioning battle-royale and the folly of the exam it a bit out of context IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread