Souzai Saishuka no Isekai Ryokouki

Double-page supporter
This is really average, there's nothing terribly wrong with the manga but on the other hand there's nothing that stands out in a positive way either.

Well, I guess the art is nice. Mostly it's nothing breathtaking, just above average, but some things such as the ancient dragon were impressive. Though to be honest, that art is wasted on all the chiseled abs, 20 chapters in and we're finally reintroduced to the only potential female companion we saw for a handful of pages in one of the first chapters. Now I don't need fanservice in everything I read, but if you have nothing else to offer it'll add at least some value to your manga.

It's of course filled with the normal isekai clichés of "muh baths", "muh rice", "muh katana", "muh delicious food".
MC claims to want a slow and peaceful life and to lay low, meaning he needs to hide is powerlvl and other things which would draw attention. Yeah, he has a monologue about this on a few occasions. No, he doesn't follow through, everything he does is extremely counterproductive to that goal without him even realizing/acknowledging it.

MC isn't really the sharpest tool in the box and even though there are some jokes made at his expense, he's presented as an average dude. Now our MC isn't clinically retarded but honestly, that'd be way more entertaining interesting.

If he's going to run around and make one poorly thought through decision after the other (with no consequences to speak of), at least as an author be aware enough to realize this and build some humor out of it. I'd love to read "the adventures of sub 85 IQ asian man that gets isekaid" except it's written like that on purpose, and not someone attempting (and failing) to portray their MC as having an average or even slightly above average intellect.

TL;DR:
After bringing up somewhat specific criticisms, I realize this post could be copy pasted to a whole bunch of isekais without editing. So in conclusion, all that really needs to be said is contained within the first sentence.

If it's a knife hidden in the bedroom for self-defense purposes, having to use it means someone's snuck in and the situation has probably gone south about as fast as it possibly could. I'd call it Sylph's Last Resort. :p

Maybe the author was referring to a Janbiya, but threw out all the things that make it a Janbiya.
I dunno if that's what happened but if it was, I wouldn't be surprised.

Nei

Dex-chan lover
Bro even if they are rough translations they are translations and we are thankful for that. Thanks for this homie

Thanks for the scanlations of this manga ^^ finally i can understand more of the story in details wihtout having to guess about 50% of the time when reading the raws hehe.

Thank you for translating the chapters and including those extra notes. So impressed!

And thank you for picking this up as I wanted to know his adventures were going to continue :D

Double-page supporter
Quite average isekai manga. MC is generic, stupid, naive guy
Dragon tried to kill MC and he just forgot about it instantly and became best friends with him
. Art is quite nice. Author wrote characters focusing on comedy rather than realism.
Given MangaDex rating system. I would say it is solid 5. Average isekai manga.

Users who are viewing this thread