Summoned Japan - Vol. 7 Ch. 35 - One Strike

I still don't understand why this manga is so badly illustrated. Checking other works by the same artist - they are leagues better than this one.
Honestly, art in this manga feels more like a shitpost than actual art.
When I started reading this manga, I thought it was a French artist trying to copy manga. Now, it feels like the other way around.

Just noticed something: In the WN and LN, Bertrand (or Dolbo in WN) is still hesitant to surrender and Yosh is the one who suggested to surrender, while in the manga, Bertrand is the one who is willingly wants to surrender upon seeing his men getting killed by the Japanese rather than dying by the guillotine, and Yosh is the one who reminded him that they're the ones who killed the Japanese.

As for the translated WN and LN chapters, rose is busy in university stuff, and there's also her writing Nihonkoku Shoukan Kai (an NS fanfic).
Oh a fanfic eh , i read a similar fanfic based on NS called Summoning America , by DrDoritosMD , i think its good read while waiting for new NS chap to release ehe

Stalin on RA1 have said: when you kll one, it is tragedy. When you kll ten million, it is statistic. :)))

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating and posting it!

Oh how I like swift justice to be served to stubborn and snobbish people that looks down on everyone and underestimate another nation not knowing who they're really dealing with and their capabilities, even so threatening them with full display of said underestimated nation's civilians being shot to death in front of diplomatic delegates!

If I were the Prime Minister here, I would've openly said during the broadcast "Japan is herenow declaring war against the empire of Parlpadia!"

And war crime or not, Amano got his revenge for the innocent lives of his family taken from him and I'm full on his side here.

Remille is going to have a surprise!
The only person there I kinda think is still worthy of saving is miss Elto, because she looks like she still has some sense of reason.

Aggregator gang
It's interesting to note how many differences there are between the manga & the novels that don't seem to be explained by anything.
The only one that somewhat can be explained is understanding of the flag waving, as I guess they just wanted to make it more "society-friendly" by transforming the Japanese army committing a war crime into them having a misunderstanding.

Aggregator gang
I still don't understand why this manga is so badly illustrated. Checking other works by the same artist - they are leagues better than this one.
Honestly, art in this manga feels more like a shitpost than actual art.
I think it's more them wanting a more western art style. There are a lot of traces of the illustrator's manga background, but it actually looks pretty close to BD (French-Belgian comics).

Dex-chan lover
It's only a war crime if you lose.

Well the way Parpaldia is acting isn't "wrong" strategically. That a country just appeared and has more military power than the rest of the know world combined, isn't something one plans around.

Arde is just trying to provide something to hang onto. IE We might be able to use our advantage in this domain to achieve victory. Mu is recognized as being ahead of Parpaldia in military power in Parpaldia, but close enough that it would be too costly for Mu to fight Parpaldia.
It is wrong though, they probably haven't read enough Sun Tzu quotes yet. Knowing your enemy and all that shit.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's more them wanting a more western art style. There are a lot of traces of the illustrator's manga background, but it actually looks pretty close to BD (French-Belgian comics).
Nope. I observed that the artwork from Takano-san's previous works (Shuumatsu No Maristella. I forgot the other one. Sorry) isn't that bad. Also, as the chapters progress, the artwork becoming worse and the raw chapters are getting delayed (2-3 months delayed time per chapter). Chapters are supposed to be released in every 24th of each month but now, that's not the case.

Aggregator gang
Nope. I observed that the artwork from Takano-san's previous works (Shuumatsu No Maristella. I forgot the other one. Sorry) isn't that bad. Also, as the chapters progress, the artwork becoming worse and the raw chapters are getting delayed (2-3 months delayed time per chapter). Chapters are supposed to be released in every 24th of each month but now, that's not the case.
What I said wasn't about it looking good or bad according to manga standards. This looks A LOT like a BD in terms of drawing style. If you look at Tintin, Lucky Luke, or Asterix, to cite well-known ones, it's even less detailed. But in the exaggerated facial features, you feel the impact of western caricature, typical of BDs.
Considering the story is setup in a world where Japan is moved to a fantasy that is clearly of European inspiration, it's not surprising the mangaka chose a more European style.
The fact the author CAN and did in the past draw more serialized manga at a regular pace and with a conventional art style furthers the hypothesis that this is an artistic choice rather than a necessity.

Dex-chan lover
you see poeple throwing away there weapon and running around confused... and still shoot them
looks like warcrime to me

Dex-chan lover
Its actually more of a war crime in the web novel they knew it was for surrender but their like na fk you they killed civilians and started blasting and they used the white flag thing as their official reason but really they just wanted to kill them.
Unfathomably based

Dex-chan lover
Parpaldians never learned about waving a white flag as a sign of surrender (well, not until the end of the war at least) coz from the start, Remille wanted more bloodshed and they didn't bother to call their commanders and told them about the "waving of white flag".
I feel like the ambassador failed here too. Instead of asking/finding out how armies surrender in this world, he just flippantly told them to surrender like our world would.

Dex-chan lover
It's interesting to note how many differences there are between the manga & the novels that don't seem to be explained by anything.
The only one that somewhat can be explained is understanding of the flag waving, as I guess they just wanted to make it more "society-friendly" by transforming the Japanese army committing a war crime into them having a misunderstanding.
Looks like this manga would benefit from notes about the adaptation and the logistics of the countries.

Dex-chan lover
you see poeple throwing away there weapon and running around confused... and still shoot them
looks like warcrime to me
I think that's a problem of doctrine and/or discipline in following the military doctrine, it's the oficials who enforce those rules. Modern armies acknowledge the need to have them educated.

Users who are viewing this thread