Super Ball Girls - Ch. 34 - Promise

Trust me, this series has turned into nothing but cliches. Shady government agency fighting off aliens. Invaders that think they're the 'superior' species. The invaders wanting to 'evolve' somehow. Invaders using humans in some way to strengthen their own forces. A group of 'good' invaders having to fight the 'bad' ones. Shady government man willing to manipulate and abuse the 'good' invaders to beat the 'bad' ones. Good guy, every man MC has to stand on the sidelines and watch the 'good' invaders fight. It's just one tired cliche after another.
We're just missing the part where he becomes a half invader himself and has to see his loved one die to unlock his powers through sheer rage.

Dex-chan lover
We're just missing the part where he becomes a half invader himself and has to see his loved one die to unlock his powers through sheer rage.
Bruh, if it’s revealed that Ichi has some secret link to the ball girls or he gets some alien powers I will actually lose my mind. At that point it literally could not get any more cliched.

Damn people are really being harsh to this series. I still think it’s pretty good. Makes sense for the direction of it to change when the MC harboring aliens gets discovered. He’s in a tough position because he’s was a average dude working at a chocolate factory before this crap. The story was already edgy so I don’t understand people freaking out about NTR, do people forget Berserk had a rape scene as well.

Dex-chan lover
You're working under the premise that their knowing more would automatically be "better". But as it stands, they're perfectly happy with him, and he's perfectly happy with them. If anyone was suffering any negatives here, it'd be the guy who has multiple murder balls to keep in line. The rest is basically more of that. I don't know why you're overcomplicating the situation here. Unless he was hurting them, there's literally no inherent benefit to their knowing anything else.

It's like "Oh, but does your dog truly love you? He doesn't even know there are other people who'd gladly own him too!"

They're ball monsters, they're happy, and every day he showed them something new. And they were grateful to him for it. They all knew there was more out there. And they wanted to experience it all with him.

Careful, we're straying dangerously close to social commentary there.
You're making my point for me. I said the girls, especially Eliza, were children and even went so far as comparing them to dogs.

The thing is, the girls aren't perfectly happy. At least, they're not completely satisfied; all their needs aren't met. Again, why Cherry left. Also why all the girls left at some point Ichi's flat, disregarding his rule, because they were curious about the world. They know that there's more to it than Ichi's small one bedroom and they know they (more or less) don't need him to experience it.

It happened because Ichi naively thought they would stay in stasis or obedient and calm while he was gone. They're essentially children, so of course, they didn't do that.

But I get why Ichi made the mistake, he's a single guy in his twenties, ofc he doesn't have the experience to take care of them flawlessly. Especially with the added difficulty that they're aliens so literally no one else has made a manual for him to learn.

In comparaison, the antagonist Sara is constantly learning. Not by making mistakes, but by using the scientific method. Why she's technically younger than the OG girls (I mean she's Cherry's 'granddaughter' iirc), but she's now a very intelligent and knowledgeable adult. Why she's dangerous, she's not only learning about herself, her species, she's also studying humanity to tear it down all the better. The girls have no chance in hell to measure up to her if they don't evolve too.

So in some way, you're right that learning more doesn't necessarily means that the girls would be better off. It could make them unhappy and/or turn them into someone terrible like Sara. But my point is that it's gonna happen eventually, and given how fast they grow up, 'eventually' means pretty fucking quick.

So I'll be happy if this thing ends with Eliza and Ichi living together happily ever after, but they're both going to need to mature before reaching that point so that it becomes meaningful. Something more than the otaku wet dream of the premise.

And thinking back on that night with them all jumping into the fireworks-lit night, that's what they're heading for. There's plenty of ecchi and wish fulfillment but it's also much more wholesome than it should be. (I mean, we learned thanks to Sara that you can fuck a Sphere girl without birthing three others so this virgin Ichi contained himself for almost no reason XD)

You're making my point for me. I said the girls, especially Eliza, were children and even went so far as comparing them to dogs.
You made the mistake of assigning significance to the subject of the analogy.
It happened because Ichi naively thought they would stay in stasis or obedient and calm while he was gone. They're essentially children, so of course, they didn't do that.
IIt's been a while since this thing went to shit. Did he think they'd stay put, or just hope so? The closest I remember him to expecting any kind of control from them is Cherry, who then promptly murdered a guy and spawned the problems we're dealing with to this day.
So in some way, you're right that learning more doesn't necessarily means that the girls would be better off. It could make them unhappy and/or turn them into someone terrible like Sara. But my point is that it's gonna happen eventually, and given how fast they grow up, 'eventually' means pretty fucking quick.
Right, and for better or worse, they were on that path. And they were taking it with Ichi. They were happy to do just that. The fact that they literally didn't know any better doesn't make that less real.
So I'll be happy if this thing ends with Eliza and Ichi living together happily ever after, but they're both going to need to mature before reaching that point so that it becomes meaningful. Something more than the otaku wet dream of the premise.
You don't mature then find someone. You mature with someone. That's the point of building a life together.
(I mean, we learned thanks to Sara that you can fuck a Sphere girl without birthing three others so this virgin Ichi contained himself for almost no reason XD)
Hey, he wanted to treasure them!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think most who consider it to have been NTR for a long time see the kissing and reproduction from it as a stand in for where sex would occur in an H series, or as a metaphor for sex. For the aliens it basically is sex because of the weird shit they imprinted from the MCs desires and dislikes.

Damn people are really being harsh to this series. I still think it’s pretty good. Makes sense for the direction of it to change when the MC harboring aliens gets discovered. He’s in a tough position because he’s was a average dude working at a chocolate factory before this crap. The story was already edgy so I don’t understand people freaking out about NTR, do people forget Berserk had a rape scene as well.
If this leads to Ichi entering his "Black Swordsman" arc then it'll have been worth it I guess lol

Dex-chan lover
You made the mistake of assigning significance to the subject of the analogy.

IIt's been a while since this thing went to shit. Did he thing they'd stay put, or just hope so? The closest I remember him to expecting any kind of control from them is Cherry, who then promptly murdered a guy and spawned the problems we're dealing with to this day.

Right, and for better or worse, they were on that path. And they were taking it with Ichi. They were happy to do just that. The fact that they literally didn't know any better doesn't make that less real.

You don't mature then find someone. You mature with someone. That's the point of building a life together.

Hey, he wanted to treasure them!
I think you're downplaying way too much how unsustainable was their status-quo when it clearly led to the spread of a superior and invasive species threatening to exterminate humanity. It didn't work, no matter how good-natured Ichi is.

You're right that you still mature with someone, but when we're talking about adults (Ichi is one, with his own place and a job), you also need a partner to be a well-rounded individual. Here it's more down to personal preferences ultimately, but I'll still say that empiracally, highschool sweethearts usually break up the first year of college and relationships with huge age gap tend to be unhealthy and unbalanced.

It's even worse here, I'm not exaggerating when I say that that the Sphere girls are children. They may not look like it, they may be learning at a much faster rate than humans, but they're still far from being their adult selves. Autumn still expresses herself like a child. Chrys went outside without underwear and she has no sense of personal space as she didn't even react one way or another as a random boy groped her ass. And Eliza constantly pester Ichi to kiss, with no concern whatsoever for the consequence, when he already can't afford to have four people under his roof. I know they're gorgeous but turn off the ecchi reader brain for a second and if you tell me those three look like ideal partner for a guy in his twenties, it is concerning.

Hell, Ichi can't even have a decent conversation with them yet. They know nothing of the world, nothing of themselves or anything about him to start with. Again, Cherry (due to her intelligence and her drive to learn about everything) and Sara are the only ones that qualify, the only ones that are also actual characters and not only cardboard tropes. And yet they too still have plenty of room to mature. For example, Sara could still adopt a more nuanced approach and less hostile: since her species is similar to human females with the naked eye, she truly doesn't need to murder anyone to spread and ultimately supplant humanity without notice. But she doesn't do that because her outlook is immature: she's like an edgy kid wanting to be Lex Luthor, a supervillain hellbent on world domination with outlandish plots like darkening the sun, when in the real world, all it'd take is holding a few powerful men by the balls, figuratively and literally.

TLDR: virgins and ingénues ain't shit, MILFs and actual women are where it's at.

I think you're downplaying way too much how unsustainable was their status-quo when it clearly led to the spread of a superior and invasive species threatening to exterminate humanity. It didn't work, no matter how good-natured Ichi is.
What do you mean "led to"? If anything, it slowed the spread immensely, since Ichi here was actually able to keep it in his pants, and convince them to keep it in theirs for a while. Even after Cherry decided to fuck everything up, she still maintains the very basic idea instilled into her that there's an order to things. In fact, the ones that were a real problem were the ones that didn't spend time cooped up with Ichi.
You're right that you still mature with someone, but when we're talking about adults (Ichi is one, with his own place and a job), you also need a partner to be a well-rounded individual. Here it's more down to personal preferences ultimately, but I'll still say that empiracally, highschool sweethearts usually break up the first year of college and relationships with huge age gap tend to be unhealthy and unbalanced.

It's even worse here, I'm not exaggerating when I say that that the Sphere girls are children. They may not look like it, they may be learning at a much faster rate than humans, but they're still far from being their adult selves. Autumn still expresses herself like a child. Chrys went outside without underwear and she has no sense of personal space as she didn't even react one way or another as a random boy groped her ass. And Eliza constantly pester Ichi to kiss, with no concern whatsoever for the consequence, when he already can't afford to have four people under his roof. I know they're gorgeous but turn off the ecchi reader brain for a second and if you tell me those three look like ideal partner for a guy in his twenties, it is concerning.
I don't know whether that's a modern problem or not, but ultimately, the biggest issue is a partner that refuses to grow up. There's a big difference between someone's who's not there yet, and someone who won't be there ever. Like, level with me here: Absent Cherry deciding to fuck it all up, how many years do you think it'd be before he's got them doing chores on their own? How many until they learn that it's bad to run around naked and beat each other to bloody pulps? 1? 2? More? Less?

Say what you want about how much you like them as partners, but it's insane to think that these people weren't well on their way to growing up right alongside him. If anything, this ridiculous situation's retarded their growth by forcing them to start behaving in wild, destructive ways.
TLDR: virgins and ingénues ain't shit, MILFs and actual women are where it's at.
MILFS are too old, yo.

Dex-chan lover
What do you mean "led to"? If anything, it slowed the spread immensely, since Ichi here was actually able to keep it in his pants, and convince them to keep it in theirs for a while. Even after Cherry decided to fuck everything up, she still maintains the very basic idea instilled into her that there's an order to things. In fact, the ones that were a real problem were the ones that didn't spend time cooped up with Ichi.

I don't know whether that's a modern problem or not, but ultimately, the biggest issue is a partner that refuses to grow up. There's a big difference between someone's who's not there yet, and someone who won't be there ever. Like, level with me here: Absent Cherry deciding to fuck it all up, how many years do you think it'd be before he's got them doing chores on their own? How many until they learn that it's bad to run around naked and beat each other to bloody pulps? 1? 2? More? Less?

Say what you want about how much you like them as partners, but it's insane to think that these people weren't well on their way to growing up right alongside him. If anything, this ridiculous situation's retarded their growth by forcing them to start behaving in wild, destructive ways.

MILFS are too old, yo.
Well, it seems we disagree on some outlooks but I'm also optimistic on team Ichi and where the OG girls are headed. I just wanted to be realistic for a second and not downplay just how out of his depth Ichi was at the beginning and still is.

The mess all started because he naively trusted Cherry after she showed herself dependable ONCE. She completed the groceries while the others murdered each other, but she still wasn't ready yet to be out on her own. Ichi also had no answer for Cherry when she asked him 'What' were they (the Sphere girls), he also ignored her insistence and curiosity about kissing, her drive to mate that seems to be akin to heat. It was really only a matter of time because he couldn't leave them alone, but they also made a ruckus when all out under his watch.

I'll even add that Ichi states he literally can't afford to feed that many people (let alone three more, minimum, if they messed up even once), so from the get-go, their chances to have ample time and leisure to mature without issue weren't good.

The Sphere Girls' nature, the combination of their imperious desire to reproduce and their freak strength makes them impossible to control, why I insist that no progress can be made until change truly sets in from them, until they know enough about themselves and the world to find some way to have all their wants and needs met.

Ichi truly wants to do right by them, so that's already more than most would have done, but he's in no position to make his promise reality. Talking about romantic prospects shouldn't even be in the picture when they had barely gotten the basics covered on the short term.

but to go back to this chapter, Eliza and wondering about the next, I really don't think that kissing another man will change much for Eliza. Even if broadening her perspective would be healthy, doing it with sexual assault will and should obviously backfire spectacularly. It was clearly a power move but very stupid to antagonize them when they were already willing to fight Sara's group.

I hope the government guy will continue to be much more convincing than that by telling her that with him she has no need to restrain herself since he has the backing and the funds to take care of all her offspring, telling her that Ichi is irrelevant at this point, just a random civilian that doesn't matter in this existential war. To pose the dilemma between materialistic concerns vs what her heart wants (= the imperfect and unsustainable mess in Ichi's one bedroom with her family)

You can be a mother in your twenties, thirties, forties! It's not too old! And my point is more that being with a woman that is the whole package is obviously better than some immature young woman who is nothing but a pretty face. As is, trying to date Eliza, Autumn, Chrys would look like babysitting! They can't be trusted with sharp objects and would lick subway handrails.

Jesus I thought the voice was AI generated but I think he was there to witness it all. So I have to assume he wants more that incorporates his DNA & her desire to be better or something? We'll see how that will play out next chapter. Thanks for the translations.
the same

and dropped. Nothing really changed with the plot. It will just be battle, ass, battle. And to top it all off, the mc got NTRed. lul

Users who are viewing this thread