Surviving as a Maid

Dex-chan lover
So it's a romance where everyoen is gay but it has no shonen ai or shoujo ai tag...

Wtf is happening

Meh...it doesnt has any meaning (for me) not even for the purpose of entertainment, well unless u like someone got mentally abused. I'd rather stick to the bright side.

@Tsukinotaku if i had to guess why, i would say that the tags are not added because the interactions that characterize those genres are simply "off screen" so to speak. we never see them.

Double-page supporter
I read the spoilers and I must say, what a disappointing ending.
Hopefully the comic adaptation doesn't follow the same story path otherwise it's going to be really sad.

this is a dream world of gay. im scared, im straight and im still read it till c13 :S

please...someone, kill the lover and the emperor. they have such disgusting personnality. and the knight is just pathetic...gosh, this will end in a bloodbath, i swear
poor mc and queen...they have to endure such shabby men...

Supporter
Anyone wanting spoiler on the ending should read this

https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/surviving-as-a-maid.105138

Honestly there are many different opinions about the ending. I highly recommend reading everyone's comments because as someone there pointed out, the general idea/ending is revealed, but the details make a difference. That's why personally, I'm also kinda torn about whether I should continue reading this series or not :/

Dex-chan lover
I was a bit surprised at the rating, I remembered it being higher.
But then I read the spoiler by @Yatsuki (thanks for the link btw) and now I’m really conflicted. The story is good, but the ending is just wow, what an ending.

I just read the spoiler and my goodness I did not expected that it will be a rollercoaster of a mess. If that spoiler was from a light novel I hope they do better on the webtoon version.

I mean I did saw some spoilers back then but as I dig more and find more, the more f up the story became as it progress

Did they really leave a baby's crib in the middle of a crowd with barely much security.... also I really dislike the king dude and his concubine

I'm confused, why are so many people giving this a rating of 1? Are they homophobic? Or is there another reason?

I really don't get what's supposedly so utterly appalling about this series that you'd rate it with lowest of low. Rather, this is very nicely drawn, and the politics and drama are intriguing. The MC is quite likeable as well. I understand that not everyone might find this series interesting, however, uninteresting doesn't equal appalling. Honestly, what's so terrible about "Surviving as a Maid", can someone spill the beans?

I WISH THE QUEEN WAS GAY TOO SO OUR MAID AND HER COULD RUN AWAY FROM ALL THE TRASHY MEN UGH

Group Leader
@Tabitha I hear you, though I do want to note it's not necessarily homophobia when the plot itself can be read as homophobic - gay villains and all.

Still, you're probably on the nose with why people are giving it a 1.

Users who are viewing this thread