Takarakuji de 40 oku Atatta ndakedo Isekai ni Ijuu Suru - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Looking to Tomorrow

Group Leader
Culture difference or not, mc is just so thoughtless when he invited a married woman into his room at night not to mention that after bath thing too.
P.S: invite any women into your room at night is just so thoughtless if you don't mean to have sex 🤨🤨

Double-page supporter
Holy crap. Wow. There's dense, there's dumb, then there's fully fucking retrograde neanderthal stupidity. There is no possible way that this can be written off as normal obliviousness. It's like he has never interacted with a woman before in his life. Who the hell says "take a bath then come to my room afterwards"?
Who does that?
I mean it was so blisteringly stupid I had to stop reading go to a different manga, then come back later.

Aggregator gang
Best girl is married but from a second marriage but also traumatized because she was raped or was attempted to be raped. Her husband married her because she has skills and felt sorry for her. I don't know where her romance is going but mc and her has good chemistry.

Dex-chan lover
Kazura must have distant English ancestry, because it looks like he drinks his tea with milf

Dex-chan lover
@tuatara1 MC isn't trying to change their culture. He's not like those other Isekai protags that think their way is the right way. If you look closely all he is doing is giving them tools to objectively improve their daily comfort. He is not imposing his customs or laws on them. That's also why he's not giving weapons, so that he isn't essentially choosing which country rules.

Fed-Kun's army
@WillLi i could have sworn in the wn he even went all "ree how dare you use me for your own benefit im not gonna free you!!" but maybe i misremembered

Aggregator gang
And here I am, thinking that Osmium is dense, then I read this manga chapter and Osmium doesn't look that dense at all.

Double-page supporter
@WillLi Except he is changing their culture. Profoundly so, and on damn near every level. He is absolutely imposing his standards upon them in myriad ways even if he chooses not to acknowledge that. His every action reshapes them culturally and even physiologically. And he's ultimately doing it first and foremost for his own sense of satisfaction. He was wealthy and bored and discovered a damn superpower, so he started making use of it.

There's a reason why there are still laws today protecting so-called "uncontacted" tribes. You can claim you're "just offering assistance and they can decide their own fate," but you're still interfering with their development and altering the character of their society. Picking and choosing in that way is awfully hypocritical. It also exposes the underlying insincerity of your motives.

You say you want to help people, but only these people because they're easily helped and you can just throw money at the problem. As for those people, the human beings born to be owned? That's too inconvenient for you, right? So they aren't worth the hassle? What a pitiful double standard that is. You really are just some jackass playing a part-time messiah. Hell, it's possible that your "help" will entrench and reinforce those means of oppression, allowing that poison to rot their civilization for even longer than if you'd never gone to their world in the first place.

(If it isn't clear, I'm not talking to "you." I'm talking to the fictional character named Kazura.)

Honestly, I got a lot more worked up about this while replying than I was originally. I had simply chalked it up to the usual "hey, it's just a silly isekai" naiveté that's so common with these series. But in continuing to think about it, I've decided that yeah, I do think it's fairly gross. Picking and choosing what people are worth putting in the effort for and what people aren't worth it? No thanks.

Dex-chan lover
@Tuatara1 No -he- is not changing their culture. He has given them tools that will cause changes yes. But he has not directly enacted any changes to their culture. What he's given them is technology. You are confusing semantics in this. His presence there is causing changes yes. But he is not directly -making- or -enacting- changes to their culture. In other words he is not consciously shaping their cultural development. It's a by-product of showing them new technology. What he has done is a lot different from directly telling them to stop having slaves.

You're also making a huge assumption on reasoning. MC knows nothing about how 'slavery' works in this world. And not all slavery models were detrimental even on earth. Some in the middle east come to mind. Who is to say that undoing slavery would be 'helping' them? Their entire social and economic structure could fall apart and their country could collapse. That wouldn't be helping at all. The MC is intentionally avoiding interfering directly with things he doesn't understand. He's making a compromise between his urges to help people, and his awareness that he is an outsider. That's not naive, that's restraint and wisdom.

Dex-chan lover
To anyone saying he is not changing their culture: try to look up "cargo cult"

Group Leader
@Beregorn
That got me curious, and boy did that that ever bring me down a rabbit hole of procrastination; reading about how "Cargo Cult" religions formed, watching the short documentaries, then the comedy movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy", and finally learning about "BF Skinner experiments" on Operant Conditioning psychology with rats/pigeons doing strange rituals when the food stopped coming. Thanks for that. Had an interesting time, being fascinated the whole way.

Dex-chan lover
I feel a little bad for enjoying the look she gave at the end there. Painfully innocent Kazura. What's it like having flags strike you everywhere but not seeing any of them?

Dex-chan lover
We all know nothing will happen but I respect Zirconia a bit more after those last few pages. She isn't just scheming to set Kazura up with someone, shes willing to take one for the team herself.

PoH

*went to comment section
*people talking about philosophy

@tuatara1 Through out the manga, the MC never sees the dark side of slavery, so (you can say) he has a naive view of slavery. And he doesn't know what it means to be a slave as in social standing.
I'm pretty sure since he is the generic really dense really kind MC, if they saw people being treated badly or worse sent to the mines, he would help them.

Users who are viewing this thread