Takarakuji de 40 oku Atatta ndakedo Isekai ni Ijuu Suru

Fed-Kun's army
@thevanguardking

Even if they are over ripe, you can always cut the budding part to cut the toxin away, and storing the potato away in dark dry place would prevent them sprouting

Fed-Kun's army
Fifty Shades of Greysior-Sama, lol. I'd laugh if that actually becomes a thing.

Dex-chan lover
@YellowChica .... hmmmmmm did you read what you typed before u hit enter :p lol jk ik its just because of his name... but still cracks me up xD

Double-page supporter
I feel the writer is either writing himself into a wall or the MC stays an idiots(let’s hope not), or he’s gonna have to pull some serious levels of deux ex machina to keep this story from turning into a blood bath, and I hope the MC doesn’t stay this naive forever for the sake of the story.....if there’s anyone who’s read the LN/WN and shoot some spoilers I’d love to hear em...

Edit: Went searching for spoilers read with caution some may drop this cause of MC....
Okay so basically the main antagonist of this novel has already shown himself and it turns out to be Havel's older brother. This son of a bitch enjoys making Havel's half sister Mary who is currently Kazura's maid, go through hell when she was living back at their mansion. Now he's taking complete advantage of Kazura's kindness while causing all shit to happen and Kazura being the oblivious dumb shit is letting it happen. He already beat the shit out of Havel when Havel defended Mary from his drunken rage, is spewing bullshit into the daughter of Nelsons ear about how Kazura may end up breaking her heart since he already has others who love him, and has his sights set on Vallet whom he wants no matter what and is using the pretense of her working for him to basically make a move on her. Meanwhile fucking Kazura thinks their still buddy buddy to even helping him out after he beat the shit out of Havel without even knowing as to why he was covered in blood! He even offered him fucking tea and a change of clothes!! Kazura you dumb fucking idiot, he's the bad guy! NOT THE GOOD GUY!!!!! All the while more Mary is having a shitty time after over hearing her father and Havel talk of how their territory is actually going to betray the kingdom and go over to the other side and that Havel is going through with it so that Mary can be free. For fuck sake Kazura wake the hell up!!!! Are you kidding me!!! You can not be this fucking stupid to not know what is going on around you!!! The guy your friends with is already spewing up trouble while your dumb ass is letting it happen!
Here’s to hoping the manga takes a different route....

Group Leader
@firefox1234
Any story won't be as interesting without some kind of conflict. Although this story has slice of life elements for the most part, it was never solely that kind of story to begin with, unlike something like Isekai Izakaya "Nobu"--a pure slice of life story with almost zero conflict. I think that's where most people make the first mistake going into this story, expecting it to be pure fluff. This series on the other hand, is a kingdom-building/civilization story. Looking at it with a different perspective, I honestly think bloodbaths should be expected in a story where people are starving to death in famine stricken regions, kingdoms wage war, with more war and inevitable deaths looming over the horizon, rape-happy bandits raiding villages, scheming nobles with ulterior motives...the whole works.

The supposed war with Balvail is still a ways away, so they have to spice it up until then. Speaking of Balvail, they'll eventually make a brief appearance
much sooner in the LN/manga than in the WN, where they're only mentioned in name so far
, with them being featured on the latest novel cover...where things look like it'll be getting even more dramatic as the civilization simulator evolves.

Fortunately,
Valetta
will take the reins of the story with a more proactive role in the future, introducing
reasonably believable weapon advancements for Istria
, sort of making up for
Kazura's shortcomings in believing everyone to be a good person (we saw this with the old lady that scammed him), which likely stems from his upbringing in peaceful Japan. Looks like he's in for another rude awakening.

Bottom line, what's to come is just another hill to get over, just like with the bandits arc. But even after the story takes a dip, it looks like it bounced back up because the novel is still going strong with no signs of slowing down. I personally prefer a story with peaks and valleys over a stagnant one where everything falls into place with no effort taken to get there. ...except for the times when I am looking for those kinds of stories.

Double-page supporter
@Harry_Dong I definitely agree on dynamic stories but I also don’t appreciate when authors are obviously inconsistent especially with an MCs decision making/character and that’s seems to be a weakness of these type of manga/LNs. My issue is not with the story having conflict just but just how anyone could read between the lines of the MCs actions and see this isn’t right and you don’t have to be a cynical bastard like me to feel this....

With Japan having being in peaceful times for such an extended period of time we have this trend in Isekai novels like these where except for a very limited subset of novels, most of them treat their knowledge, skills and items with reckless abandon. Ie: giving out stuff that's never before seen, teaching knowledge that sometimes should remain untaught, using god-tier skills that are unique to them. I mean just look at this MC, he was adamant about making sure certain technologies don’t affect this world but he gives no mind now to not only bringing a generator but he’s also been teaching the village girl knowledge from the other world. I don’t have to spoil what will take place from that as it’s pretty obvious already. More often than not, they also suffer no consequence from these actions.
Now, I sometimes enjoy such stupidity drenched power fantasy novels myself but in the case of this novel, I find it hard to swallow. This novel tries to blend realism with fantasy but in a real world, the MC would be locked up and tortured for every bit of knowledge he has. Heck, the entire village, especially the female lead, would suffer the same fate and it previously has and to an extent almost did.

I personally think the author has done a poor job in what could have been a great novel and I’m hoping the manga has enough creative liberty to make changes particularly to the MC who by the way I found out is actually 26 years old(who tf is this naive at 26?!). This story isn’t about “if the MC will get caught” it’s is now about “when he will get caught”.

Group Leader
@firefox1234
While it may be seem inconsistent in his actions at first glance, I don't think that's the case when you look at deeper into it as to why he does what he does. Not all technology is on the same level of being old vs new. Using spoiler tag for TL;DR,
The reason he's okay with bringing in the electric generator is because electricity is overtechnology to them...it's not so easily replicated/utilized without a core understanding of the previous principles that the generator/refrigerator was built upon. All that, plus he has the backing of nobles to cover for him, because of his current status as a "god". And since their society is highly religious, they also keep in mind the legend of divine retribution to the greedy. This all gives him a bit of insurance to fall back on. That being said, he's not introducing them per say for everybody and anybody to see (only to the people who know his dual identity), taking precautions using the nobles' help to hide it away from curious eyes which you'll see him do in future chapters as he builds a box during the night instead of during the day.

He is fine though with introducing technology that is progressively appropriate for the setting period:
Waterwheel, ice house/ice box, hand-pump...all these things are already ancient, but don't exist yet in this story. Meanwhile, electric generator, portable generator, refrigerator, mini dump truck, hell; even a piezoelectric butane lighter, are all overtechnology and is basically magic to these people...plus he hides them away from the general public, excluding the people who already know his dual identity.

As you can see, there's a threshold of what he introduces (actually giving them the blueprints and teaching them how to use them) vs what he simply uses for himself which he hides away. Also, simply bringing in =/= introducing (teaching). Unless it's a genius or someone with an engineering background, I doubt you can show a modern day average Joe a hydroelectric generator or refrigerator and expect them to easily figure out the ins and outs of it to repair it with no special tools. Now imagine an ancient peasant in the bronze age with zero proper education that knows absolutely nothing besides religion and how to plow the fields, and expecting them to know how the machines works, let alone even replicate it. That would be highly unrealistic...so I think he'll be fine in that regard.

Should also point out that he only taught Valetta Japanese language, not general knowledge. She taught herself everything from books which is mainly basic school curriculum, and some entertainment magazines...nothing too advanced (yet).

Although I don't disagree with you that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I hope this isn't one of those stories where they like each other, have those close times but never go farther than that, not even a kiss

Power Uploader
@Harry_Dong

Regarding the posts below... about him not being the smartest tool... there is one factor, and I know that it might not affect his “alternate world street smarts”, there’s also the factor he DOESNT WANT TO introduce something to overpowerful to a country or region that might not be ready for it.

Ie, handing the nazi’s nukes in 1938... or worse handing them to any pre-1900’s civilization.

I think it’s actually smart for him to let Valletta educate herself, and build the tech she sees. He himself is better off with trying to solve problems like food shortage, preventing drought and flooding etc.

Group Leader
@GodricKharg

You'll see why I stand by my comment in future chapters (not yet shown in the manga raws, but in the novels) when they introduce
the first main antagonist
down the road. There's peaks and valleys in this series.

Power Uploader
@Harry_Dong

I agree with peeks and Vallys being a good thing in most stories... and I’ve read up to current where the fan translation is of the web novel... sadly, I don’t know more... lol.

Group Leader
@TheAmokz
Another MC who is totally fine with slavery. Dropped.

Wrong. He's NOT "totally" fine with it. It's like you never read the very first chapter, when Valetta offered to sell herself as a slave to pay for Kazura's "expensive" medicine to save her father and the rest of the dying villagers. As for this chapter, the novel does a better job at telling it, but if you don't want to read the novel, the Reddit chapter discussion goes more into detail about the topic and his reasoning, if you had bothered to read the other posts. But long story short, he realizes that feeding starving people is paramount over other issues that can be tackled later.

The malevolence of slavery is greatly exaggerated anyway. In many situations throughout history, it was actually worse to be a free man. I recall that in medieval Europe, men would sometimes rather get into serfdom so they wouldn't get drafted to war as "free" men. Released serfs in Russia and slaves in the US had a very rocky beginnings, and the free men of the lowest classes didn't fare any better in the industrial slums. Slaves had value to their owner - a free man getting crippled by the machine he worked could always be replaced.

In any case, the MC isn't too smart. Agricultural help will directly help the military when they have more able-bodied men to recruit and more workers to tax and produce. There's no-one helping the other countries against this imbalance. He might get to it, but it might be too late.

Group Leader
I have a hunch that shit will turn around pretty quickly.
There must be repercussions of introducing so much technology to a civilization like that.

Dex-chan lover
This has to be one of the dumbest isekai I got to read. I browsed through half of it, just to see if it all it's about, is literally just "author-avatar "saving" the poor people by using [[MONEY]]".
It seems like all this story is about is the author wanking to himself. And even to a greater degree than most isekais, because this one isn't just about "an average modern man is a genius in medieval times for some reason" -- it went as far as to make the MC a great hero, because he can buy salt from the local market. I am absolutely awe-struck, wow.

Users who are viewing this thread