Takarakuji de 40 oku Atatta ndakedo Isekai ni Ijuu Suru

Lex

Usually isekai protagonists receive a superopower in the other world, and this guy is no exception.

As Batman and Ironman have taught us, money counts as a superpower, if you have enough of it.

Dex-chan lover
Even with 4 billion yen, he's spending it like no tomorrow without any other source of income. How many chapters will it take until he's broke?

Dex-chan lover
Some of this Isekai trash is so samey I had to re-read it all to remember exactly which one this is.

Dex-chan lover
@TheAmokz I always get a kick out of people looking down on past people's morals. What you are do is EXACTLY the same as 15-16th century European explorers looking down on other civs because they weren't at technologically advance as Europe. You are just declaring yourself superior for having what other's built/developed for you.

Fed-Kun's army
@AMetroid Yes, i do believe that thinking that slavery is morally reprehensible and indefeasible makes me a better person than one who has no problems with it. Also, a lack of slavery is not a technological innovation, there were non-European nations that had outlawed slavery during 15-16th centuries.

Dex-chan lover
@TheAmokz Better than a fellow contemporary, sure, but why would it make you better than slave owning Native American, African, Arab, ancient Roman, Egyptian, and all the various other times and places where slavery was practiced prior to the development of the idea of the sanctity/sovereignty of the individual? (really would like to know)

Ya it's a philosophical development, not a technological innovation, but both still require the effort of people to develop. The idea that I shouldn't just kill you and take your stuff. That all free men should have a vote(~1830), and then that women should as well (~1920). These sort of ideas had to develop from just the simple idea that might makes right. People had to develop the philosophical and moral underpinnings to instantiate them. Just as if you were born in ancient Rome you wouldn't be able to make a cogent argument against slavery, let alone see anything wrong with slavery. You'd also be unable to develop Calculus or a steam engine for similar reasons. The base thought/idea needed hadn't been developed yet.
As far as slavery being outlawed elsewhere prior to the west, I'm only familiar with China outlawing slavery. And they only did so because it wasn't cost effective for the state to enforce slavery, not for any moral/ethical reason.

Ok I hopped on over to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_abolition_of_slavery_and_serfdom
It's really not until the 16th century that you see the idea against the slavery (and serfdom, which is a slave that comes with the land) (of ANY/ALL persons) start to pop up, and it's in the west. China never really got rid of all slavery. If you notice Japan on the list 1590, it was only the slavery of Japanese persons. And then it wasn't until 1872 that debt slavery/indentured servitude was outlawed.

jak

Contributor
I heard that...

he doesn't even end up with the village girl despite it building them up so much. He ends up with that noble girl. Super disappointing.

Group Leader
@jak
So some say through the grapevines of the internet forums. I'd take it with a grain of salt though, since the series is still ongoing for both WN and LN versions, therefore nothing is absolutely conclusive yet. So who knows, maybe it'll swing back in the other direction after building up some more drama with the love triangle. Or maybe another wench wrench will be thrown into works...as I've seen on the author's twitter page introducing a totally new character not in the WN yet.

Fed-Kun's army
I find that the harem that is forming to be kind of obnoxious. Especially if there is gonna be a love triangle. But still fun story otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
In real life, eventually this guy is going to run out of money. I don't know if the author considered that or wants it as a plot point in the future but I could think of two ways to counter that problem. #1 he gets financial management for his funds in his world and uses some of the returns for the other world's improvements. #2 he employs the other world's people to manufacture goods made by materials he brings over and then sells those goods in his world. Problem with #2 is that he is limited on throughput by his availability and the amount he can carry between both worlds. Maybe high value items like art made from his world's materials or something similar would be profitable. Not something that is really a plot hole or necessary for the enjoyment of the manga but it has been in the back of my mind when I read this.

@PlanOfInaction
Not sure that's going to be a plot point. He won the lottery in the beginning, I think it was roughly $1 million USD, which is enough to retire on for 20-30 years. He's not making huge purchases; a tractor, farming tools and fertilizer are not vastly expensive.

He's got much much more then 1 million USD, but he's not even 1/4 out of his earnings so far.

The description says 4 billion yen, which is about 40 million USD. As stated, it is quite a bit more than a million.

MD@Home
So he likes the village girl but the lady of the country is trying to push her daughter on to him so he would not refuse any more "strength giving blessings" onto them...
Not to mention the soldier that actually has feelings for the daughter is also one of Kazura's guards.
This ain't going to go well once blondie finds out that his girl is being pushed to Kazura.

Users who are viewing this thread