Takarakuji de 40 oku Atatta ndakedo Isekai ni Ijuu Suru

Dex-chan lover
Imagine crashing the market of a fantasy land.
Sell cheap marbles for maximum profit - melt down currency for precious metals - repeat

They don't know what butter is? That I find too hard to believe. You can only take the great japanese savior trope so far. There's just no way this simple medieval society hasn't discovered butter. The marbles are pretty fishy too. "Golly gee, we can make steel but GLASS? What magic!" This world is basically run by the D students of history. If he wanted to astound early man with his mastery of being born in the 21st century he should have tried back when the cutting edge was wooden spears.

Group Leader
@dejalwm
They don’t have steel, let alone iron tools. They’re still using bronze tools...in their kingdom at least. I even went out of my way to include a tl note addressing that point which I doubt you read. The only person to have been shown to possess a steel sword so far is
Kazura himself in his luggage case that was given to him. And the only reason why we even know it's steel at all is because the WN mentioned it was spring steel made by his dad, not mentioned in the manga. Everyone else is using bronze, the only metal they've ever mentioned since the start of this whole series.

I disagree about the point about butter.
I find it incredibly easy to believe for her to not have heard of butter, because one person's personal experience isn’t indicative of the entire world's culture. Who’s to say it doesn’t already exist in another region, or just hasn’t been made for a long time considering their chronic shortage of funds and famine thats been going on? Plus, she’s a personal maid, not a noble’s cook who’s always in the kitchen that would have more culinary knowledge.
Any number of other factors can also be at play. I think you need a more open mind, man.

Edit: Reading up on butter history online, butter reveals a lot of the same parallels to this manga; since going by the armor design (Lorica Segmentata), their shield design (Parma) and fighting tactics later described in WN
(Phalanx)
suggests this takes inspiration from both ancient Rome/Greek and medieval influences with their sword-shape design (straight sword/arming sword).
Ancient Romans didn't really use butter to eat, only sometimes made for wounds or cosmetically, not becoming as common as a foodstuffs or slowly being accepted by the upper class until much later up to the 16th century. Usually thought of more fit for peasants due to low reputation at first and for the barbarians in the north (or Asiatic countries to the east). And guess where they are right now on the map: two territories south of the barbarian-controlled lands to the north, and in a noble's estate.
Just because something existed much earlier, doesn't mean it was widespread in all parts of the world or was very popular for the same period of time since then. So if anything, I'd say their world mirrors our own history quite well, even if it is still a fictional alternate fantasy story at the end of the day, making the whole argument rather pointless to begin with.

Also, please learn how to use the spoiler tag if you’re commenting in the general comments section, or just post in the individual chapter’s comments section.

Dex-chan lover
I take my words back on this manga. It's just nice to watch and chill as the village and character interactions progress and overall seeing everyone happy. I only read till chapter 6 so far so who knows, maybe something will happen down the road.

Edit: Done binging. I like how the village develops and the evolution of the character interactions. I also like how MC is basically shifting the balance of power and simultaneously destroying the economy while trying to help whoever reaches out to him that also will not kill him.

Overall, nice isekai to chill and relax. You won't see any Death Note level manipulation and psychology, just some nice and easy-going "I'm fast-forwarding this world from bronze age to the fricking electric one step at a time" kind of thing.

P.s. What I said is hyperbole. It's more like iron age imo.

Dex-chan lover
I think it would be funny to just once see an Isekai where the MC finds themselves in a place where they're totally useless. They have no awesome cheats, the local technology is better than theirs, nobody likes the food they make, they have no useful skills, and they have to actually learn about the place they're in instead of being all "Look at how we did things where I come from isn't it awesome".

@Purplelibraryguy
https://mangadex.org/title/22637/otome-game-no-hametsu-flag-shika-nai-akuyaku-reijou-ni-tensei-shite-shimatta

MC doesn't have any cheats, and is trying to avoid a bad end.
Probably not what you had in mind.

Dex-chan lover
@Harry_Dong That was interesting. I liked it, although I'm not sure I really agree with the moral of the story.
@xenodrool That reminds me of this one--actually, this one almost seems like a riff or a parody or a reply to the one you linked. Instead of the villain who had a bad end, she's the villain's fat lackey who got thrown under the bus, and she's like "Got to avoid hanging with that evil princess (and lose some weight)!"

Contributor
@Purplelibraryguy

I think it would be funny to just once see an Isekai where the MC finds themselves in a place where they're totally useless. They have no awesome cheats, the local technology is better than theirs, nobody likes the food they make, they have no useful skills, and they have to actually learn about the place they're in instead of being all "Look at how we did things where I come from isn't it awesome".

Agreed, that's why i like :
Meikyuu Black company
The Mc is nothing in the new world, just a slave WORKER, and need to use his brain to survive, instead of "lulz Cheat skillz, lul videogame system, lul harem".

Anyone care to spoil on how will mc and valetta relationship goes?? If mc ended up with the gold digger noble thot then ill drop this manga as soon as possible.

Group Leader
@Corntall
While you may see in other forums around the internet of some people definitively claiming he ends up with one girl or the other (and even some claiming he gets a harem) with some comments being years old...if you want my opinion on that: they're all full of themselves. For the simple reasons that both web novel and light novel are still ongoing right now. So even if they read ahead in the novel raws, they don't know what happens after that...The pendulum could just as easily swing back the other way in the next volume, and back again in the volume after that...which it has multiple times already in the novels, because of the "drama" genre element after all. The only way to know for certain to who he finally ends up with, is when this series ends...much like many other romance series.

Sometimes the mood is good with one girl, and other times it's with another...but that's usually as far as that goes in regards to relationship progress. It has the usual cliches of embarrassing moments, misunderstandings, obstructions of other character(s) getting in way, schemes by nobles, external influences of new characters introduced later on; so on and so forth. Even whenever something big and dramatic happens (both good and bad situations)...it'll usually return to the normal status quo of how this series started, being kept wholesome for the most part.

All that being said, that's just my opinion, based on me seeing spoilers from free sample previews online of the latest light novel (Vol 9) key frame illustrations.

TL;DR
The best way to describe it is "peaks and valleys".

Users who are viewing this thread