Tanbo de Hirotta Onna Kishi, Inaka de Ore no Yome da to Omowareteiru - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - First Meal with the Female Knight

Dex-chan lover
Because japan is a pretty self-centered place, if you do some research, theres a really small % that knows english, in other countries english is almost a second word due to environmental influences
You have a good argument.

BUT.

What does english have to do with that commentator's food debate?

Supporter
You have a good argument.

BUT.

What does english have to do with that commentator's food debate?
The english thing is just to support my argument of Japan being seld-centered
Like i said "the rest of the world is extremely influenced while japan isn't" that means their awareness of other cultures is lower than most countries, and due to that they praise their own cuisine more

Dex-chan lover
Yum yum! I guess a rice meal can feel amazing to someone who's only eaten European food.

But as someone who usually only eats rice meals, it can get tiring. That's why I always love it when I eat steak or something.

At this point, I wouldn't be thinking she's acting as a female knight. I'd be wondering if she got brainwashed or something. There's no reason for her to act like she's never heard of rice before to a random person.

Dex-chan lover
The english thing is just to support my argument of Japan being seld-centered
Like i said "the rest of the world is extremely influenced while japan isn't" that means their awareness of other cultures is lower than most countries, and due to that they praise their own cuisine more
You can make that same argument with the U.S

Also I was not expecting people to be so salty about isekai characters liking Japanese food.

Dex-chan lover
Damn it's annoying, another knight from other world wakes up on farmland, and goes straight to praising baths and food :/ The latter of which being rather bleh tasting food if you aren't used to it either (ie. miso soup)
Especially since Japanese food is highly overrated. There are tons of tastier styles of food all around the world.
Eh. It does have soy sauce and teriyaki sauce. The rest is definitely not gods gift to mankind, but I can see those two condiments being considered such. Just like pepper and salt over here. Without either of them, food would be way more boring.

Dex-chan lover
Damn. Atp I'm waiting for MC to get beaten up by Sera's brother.

Oh wait wrong manga

Dex-chan lover
One little nagging thing I noticed that's not a huge deal, but relates to the silly shitpost meme at the end:

"Jap" is often interpreted as a slur (particularly dating back to world war II). It may be a good idea to avoid using that shorthand.

I don't understand why people expect Japanese people to not eat Japanese dish

It's not that people expect them not to eat Japanese, it's that they roll their eyes at everyone from isekai worlds acting like Japanese cuisine is the most orgasm-inducing god-tier food in existence. As if anything they would've eaten before had to be unpalatable garbage in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread