Tanbo de Hirotta Onna Kishi, Inaka de Ore no Yome da to Omowareteiru - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Living Together With The Female Knight

Dex-chan lover
So how the heck will it be easier for her to eat with a fork if he cuts it up a bit? The author can’t know how a fork works, or the knight is used to eat with her hands.
Yeah, I think author's projecting their own fork skills onto her. Her fork skills are roughly on par with the failing person in commercials. The kind that fails at basic tasks like spreading butter on a toast, pour a liquid from one container to another, or operating a blanket.

Being interested in and having trouble using chopsticks I can understand, though. It's a novel thing the rest of the world invented better things for.

Dex-chan lover
So how the heck will it be easier for her to eat with a fork if he cuts it up a bit? The author can’t know how a fork works, or the knight is used to eat with her hands.
You can... Stab it easier? Or scoop it up with her spoon? I mean... Before I could use chopsticks well my mother (or me way later down the line) would cut up the meat into small pieces so I can stab it with my fork more easily or use my spoon to scoop it up.

Dex-chan lover
Lol at the people making a fuss over the chopsticks. 😂

I don't think the problem lied with the utensils, it was totally the plate. That plate(?) seems intended to be used with chopsticks.

Maybe with an additional knife or something, cutting fish using only fork on that plate gonna be messy no matter what.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, he should probably tell her at some point that there are no mages to gather, nor magic.

But I guess a Police Officer or Soldier would be closest to a Knight?

And yeah, love the "Japanese supremacy" of somehow making it seem like using a fork to eat fish is some giant ordeal. Reminds me of those "As seen on TV" Egg Cracking device Ads that show people cracking eggs by hand and just slopping them around all over the place like idiots.

I love those. I swear I saw one where the "before our handy device" demo involved someone just open-palm striking the egg right into the countertop at full force.

I also love the pasta pot with the strainer lids. Because apparently without them the only way to get the water out of your pot and separated from your pasta is to tip the whole thing upside down and be like 90% probability of dumping your dinner right down the sink drain.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe with an additional knife or something, cutting fish using only fork on that plate gonna be messy no matter what.
And cutting it with chopsticks isn’t in comparison? I usually only use fork because I’m lazy and if you have problem stabbing fish because it falls apart then you don’t have any issues cutting it either with something more blunt.

Double-page supporter
Seen the salmon from previosu chapter last page, the author not only dosent know how to use a fork, probably never tried use a knife because the way the salmon is teared is how looks when a little child try to pick food while hold a fork with the whole hand and not just use the fingers.

Dex-chan lover
Me: "I wonder what the chat says regarding the lack of her legal presence or the lack of attempt to get her there"
The chat: "WHY DIS FORKS?!?"
Me:
dft7mjj-ec4a16b1-58cf-43ac-aa53-d7591574ab15.png

"Okay..." XD

Group Leader
For some reason I suddenly thought she would be a cool streamer with her knightly personality and well... lack of common sense in a non-magical world

Fed-Kun's army
For some reason I suddenly thought she would be a cool streamer with her knightly personality and well... lack of common sense in a non-magical world
PLEASE KEEP HER FAR AWAY FROM THE INTERNET
No goblin could ever compare to the level of malice and degeneracy displayed on the internet, the poor knight doesn't deserve to witness something like that

Dex-chan lover
What a start to a beautiful romance. Jin had the right idea to convince Sera to stay. Not only is she still say too ignorant of the world, but she clearly wanted to stay with him. Making her a worker for his farm also gives him a companion! It's a win win for both of them!

Dex-chan lover
I am glad this manga addresses the clear issues with forks and how you can only stab with them

heard from a friend how a guy he knew tried to cut something with the side of one and died instantly, rip
Such a sad tale. Reminds me of the story of a friend of a friend who knew a guy who tried to eat noodle soup with a spork. Por sod couldn't figure out what part he was supposed to use. I hear he's still stuck there...

Dex-chan lover
Forks and chopsticks each have their own advantages. Forks are generally better at scooping and slicing, while chopsticks are able to pinch and split (spreading the chopsticks apart).

That said, a fork should be perfectly fine for eating a flaky fish.

If we want to give her the benefit of the doubt, we could say her clumsiness isn't from not knowing how to use a fork but rather not knowing how to eat a fish like salmon -- the previous chapter went into how her world eats some sort of "muddy" fish.

Dex-chan lover
Need to teach her earth's common sense first.
I hate the idea of her getting tricked by bad people.

Users who are viewing this thread