Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - Vol. 14 Ch. 58 - The Prime Suspect Of The Spirit Turtle Incident

Dex-chan lover
As usual the other 3 heroes are just fodders LMAO. I swear this series hasn't been nice to any of them. I mean you can write them being immature af and conceited, but at one point they should start to think like a sane person wouldn't they? I think the author is focusing TOO much on Naofumi and should develop the other 3 heroes, even if slightly, into better character. Make them still disagreeing but don't totally make them useless.

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus This is kind of spoilery, but this also gives an explanation for why they are acting like little shits, assuming the manga uses the same thing, because this is Web Novel stuff.
They have curse series of their own. Naofumi only has rage, one of seven sins. While they haven't been entirely unlocked yet... they are still affected by them. For example, Itsuki has the curse series: Pride.

@HYBRID_BEING
The spirit turtle is being used/controlled by someone else who has a different purpose for it. Normally, the Spirit Turtle is an extemely last gambit plan to stop the waves. L'Arc and company are doing something else with it.

Oh, look, the dead weight trio is back... Doing what they did all the time, nothing besides annoyance.

Dex-chan lover
@givemersspls
@Alzack13

pay attention to their reaction being swarmed by familiars. Does it look like L'arc is in control of them or does it look like Naofumi just still doesn't trust them because of what happened before?

@Boomburst
@Xystus
this is following the lightnovel, which has a lot more going on then the webnovel. There's an entire arc, this one actually (the thing with the spirit turtle is the start of an arc), before those 3 get to that point. As for how it works, you got the cause and effect backwards.
A sin series exaggerates existing emotional problems as a self defense mechanism. When Ren gets rage after Naofumi grows past it, it wasn't the cause of him being angry, he got it because of what happened at the time was infuriating. It doesn't affect them before they get it and they get it because something already went wrong with their head. They won't have them until the next arc.
As for the three heroes coming to terms with their incompetence and everything and trying to improve, keep in mind two things. One, in the lightnovel (and by extension manga) version of the story, none of what's happening right now is their fault, they were just caught up in it. Two, this arc isn't about them, the arc going from Cal mira till
they return from the other world
is about the otherworld heroes and diving deeper into what the wave is. So, yeah, they were useless but this arc doesn't really have much to do with them.

@Nongaran
I find this hilarious because this is where the actual plot of the story is starting. Not sure what this says about the manga.

After a great start this manga plateaued and has now become legit boring. Next arc when?? This feels like I’m reading filler.

Group Leader
Well, considering this is monthly series and also using light novel that has extended stories than the web novel, can't fault the readers if it turns out boring...

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus

The point has always been that they aren't just 'annoying people' but legitimately shit-stain level human beings full of conceit and no talent. Putting down the one who actually has talent and feeling important while doing it.

It's a very staple part of asian stories, I've noticed. Just more common in manhua and manhwa than manga.

Fed-Kun's army
Man those three Heroes are making Princess Peach look badass.

@Tray The only productive thing they did since the beginning until now is that they killed the first boss, there are no other contributions, since they did nothing productive, they only caused harm, peach never did something wrong and before the bowser stuff happens she used to be a productive individual to the kingdom.
So yeah, you are 100000% right

Dex-chan lover
@joel7686 Princess Peach has had more contributions even in various games than the other three heroes.

Also, has this guy been hinted at even once? or is this truly the first we've seen of them?

Glass is still messing with my head because of that damn hairstyle.

Users who are viewing this thread