Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - Vol. 14 Ch. 58 - The Prime Suspect Of The Spirit Turtle Incident

Dex-chan lover
That's the tact guy that got killed instantly recently in yari yuusha, ain't it
the one with a harem and riding a zeppelin

Dex-chan lover
...not sure making the Book hero an enemy this fast was a good idea. Also not sure making the whole turtle arc this prolonged was a good idea. I feel it flowed better in the WN where
it was the trio of stupid heroes trying their hand at something their own MMORPG version of this world had that fucked up everything, since apparently in their worlds the turtle should have been easy with the powers they had gotten at that point in time (and it was not. at all. naofumi had to chomp the turtle up with blutopfer after having the other heroes stop being reckless and actually try to kill it together, after which they run away fearing repercusions from what they did awakening the turtle), in a gamble to try and gain back some good faith with Melromarc feeling Naofumi was the one getting all the glory in recent events
and it was sheer stupidity and recklessness that started everything, instead of some master plan by a villain.

also @mage_goo not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if yari yuusha is following from the WN timeline, where stuff starts diverging significantly from the point Naofumi meets Glass and onwards.

PD: checked Novel Updates, and it seems Yari no Yuusha doesn't have a LN version, only the WN one, which I believe is following WN Tate no Yuusha's timeline of events. And Tact is a different enough guy in the WN compared to the LN. So, most likely, at least he isn't the same Tact.

PD:pD: checked the wiki, and apparently it does have a LN. But then I'm not sure what timeline they're in there. Also, Tact hasn't appeared in the LN of Tate no Yuusha yet. So no, that isn't Tact. Also, most likely I remembered Tact being different from WN to LN since yes, Tact is the Book hero in Naofumi's dimension, yet that other dude is the Book hero of Glass' dimension (and I remember way back when I finished the WN checking the LN volumes to see how they had started to diverge).

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
This face basically summarizes everything about this arc
wjl2ya.PNG

I think I prefer the wn on this part of the arc. This just feel too dragged of an arc with nothing substantial happening.

Dex-chan lover
I'm outright confused by this arc. Can any kind soul summarize this whole turtle debacle? I constantly feel like I missed something. A giant angry turtle just.... popped up. And has demons on it?

Dex-chan lover
@givemersspls It was said right in this chapter, the reason that L'Arc and co. disappeared in the corridor was because they were never there. The first set of L'Arc's party, like the second one WERE spirit tortoise familiars that mimicked them as they were known as enemies out to kill Naofumi.
Though, they don't rightly say how the spirit tortoise knows that L'arc and them are Naofumi's enemies, I think we can assume that it knows through Ost, who though seemingly has her own will , is still the tortoise's familiar as well.

Yeah this Arc is going at a really weird pace and it doesn't feel like it's conveying enough to keep me interested. Hopefully it picks back up and feels a lot more like the prior chapters.

Starting to lose interest in this series. This has been going on too long now, and the arc is stretched out enough that I can't really remember most of what's happened.

I dont even know what is happening after so many chapters in this turttle arc.

The series has lost it edge from the moment nafumi's name got cleared up. You just got onto this train too late.

The beginning worked so well because it made us feel things. Without all the injustice, it turned into a basic go-there-defeat-x quest mc does because that's what good guys do.

Which can work, but not like this. We have no reason to stay invested. Who if fighting against? And why?

Which, sadly, brings us to the point where the other heroes have been reduced to a plot device just to introduce a rando villain at a time when there are three (!) other villains the author just kinda forgot about.

Users who are viewing this thread