Tatoeba Ore ga, Champion kara Oujo no Himo ni Job Change Shita to Shite - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
This part is a bit stupid.
They are having a duel. In public. And talking aloud - outright yelling at multiple times - about the champion's circumstances: how he was undefeated, how there are 8 super-strong gladiators who could only dream of taking him down and 7 of them are actually still trying to do so, and more importantly how he rigged one match to lose it on purpose.
So everybody around should be made aware of his full set of circumstances.

But this noble comes up and "reveals" that the former champion rigged "matches". (Though it's only one.) Which everybody should have heard right now, with tons of added context. Somehow it seems like nobody heard the two fighters talking despite being right there in the open. They're not in an arena, with distance and noise to mask their conversation. They are right there and everybody is fully attentive to the match.

This is obvious inconsistency, the kind of bad writing symptom that I dislike the most. Particularly when it's so easy to avoid. Stop making characters talk in public or don't make them reveal important elements that you need to keep secret, even for just a few pages more. Just not mentioning the rigged match would have been better, making it borderline ok. (Though knowing that he was truly the undefeated champion he's presented as should already be enough to discredit this talk of rigged matches.)

I understand that these dialogs are useful to build the relationship between these two characters and the MC's personal character arc... but it's breaking the immersion, at least temporarily. The pages of the match don't occur separately from the pages of the "reveal". It's not a different dimension or a little dream the two fighters have. Their public dialog should have consequence, or should not exist at all. Not in this context.

Dex-chan lover
You know he makes itnsound like its bad he rigged 1 matgh as if the Princess dont already know and just dont care lmao

Dex-chan lover
Honestly didn't even notice it till you pointed it out. I'll correct it all later on.

Also just be aware another group has sniped this series from me. I'll continue to put it up on here if people still want me to continue but those who read the other groups on other sites are stuck with their version. My condolences. lol
Stinks you got sniped, but thank you for continuing to translate and share here!

Dex-chan lover
If rigging for your own loss is cheating lmao i really dunno what cheating is anymore
I mean it still is cheating. If you rig a match in any way you're creating unfair odds since you're changing what should have been something competitive to something that's guaranteed.

Dex-chan lover
So she did noticed that that crowd hate the MC, but she misunderstood his stoicism as uncaring, instead of trying not to break down. At least she understand him now.

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly didn't even notice it till you pointed it out. I'll correct it all later on.

Also just be aware another group has sniped this series from me. I'll continue to put it up on here if people still want me to continue but those who read the other groups on other sites are stuck with their version. My condolences. lol
Since you plan to fix it, here's a list of other typos that I've seen in this chapter:

2: Geat -> Great
13: beacuse -> because
13: beause -> because
14: pleaseant -> pleasant
27: alot -> a lot

Plus the aforementioned Colloseum -> Colosseum on pages 2, 8 (twice), 9, 29, 32.

Fortunately all just misspellings, there's no issue with the actual language used. Thanks for getting back to this series.

Dex-chan lover
I mean it still is cheating. If you rig a match in any way you're creating unfair odds since you're changing what should have been something competitive to something that's guaranteed.
it is, tho his point for bringing it up made it seem like he was doing it for his advantage, which is more than likely where they'll lead on with this, guy has incomplete info then will act based on that info thinking he cheated(which we know he didn't cheat his way to win, they just really lost) and rigging a match at least for the most part in these types of manga is almost always exclusively used for winning not throwing a match.

Dex-chan lover
"One of the Three Geat Techniques"
Typo aside, I think calling it "technique" is much too specific for what that implies. Seems more like "school" or even "martial arts system" would be more appropriate.

"This is proof she's running out of cards to play."
No. No it's not. I mean, she obviously wasn't that great to begin with, but that's not how fighting works. Like, neither is that a proof of the rest of her capabilities, nor do you "run out of" things to do. Duels are not a series of binary options.

Unless she can walk the walk he has, she has no right to judge him. She can't, neither physically nor mentally nor morally. She didn't even know him well enough to support him. So by her self-serving standards of honour, she's just as much to blame as him.

Aww, how sweet. The first person he thinks about is the cute and awesome maid Korona.

Ooh, how dramatic. The Eight is coming for him, because they were too crap to do it at the Colloseum. (There are so many spellings of that word, and all of them are wrong.)

Sore loser. Emphasis on "sore". And on "loser". And then he tells everyone what they should already know? Or does he mean to say it was more than that?

"After longing for it for so long I feel like an idiot"
As you should
Yes.

Also I hope this doesn't turn into a "every guy in the story is a dick-head except for the Mc and a few other people who barely get screen time" stories
Yeah, those are annoying. Most commonly seen in harem stories where there's also that casual sexism to it when it applies only to the male characters, while the female characters get added to the pseudo-harem. Outside of harem, it's more often that just about everyone else is trash, which enforces the view that the world is written around the presence of the MC, rather than any kind of believable world.

If rigging for your own loss is cheating lmao i really dunno what cheating is anymore
That's not actually a rare way of rigging it. You lose on purpose and then get to take part of the winnings.

could someone, anyone sew his mouth shut
preferably with hot lead
Are we talking actually sowing it with a lead wire, or something more like soldering? 'Cause I think both have merit.

Dex-chan lover

Yeahh after I saw this comment I ran over there ngl and had a look-see, imma be patiently waiting for ya uploads of this.. next chapter looks real juicy tho

Dex-chan lover
I gotta assume this guy's going to spin the "rigged match" not as a way of saying "this guy isn't actually that good" (people just saw him Prim in an unrigged match), just more as a way to say "this guy is shady/dishonest and shouldn't be allowed around the princess". Not that the princess will care either way.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I don't know how I feel about former fighters coming after him. And then this dude with the petty BS at the end. I expected it but damn

Dex-chan lover

Thanks for the chapter! Your work is greatly appreciated.

Let me guess; he can't stop the princess to make him her knight so he switched to delay it as he could be a bother in his plan to erase her. So he convinced the former champion to talk in the match about the rigged colloseum forcing the princess with a compromise in which our MC has to prove his "championship" defeating every member of that Eight Heaven Flashes group.

Dex-chan lover
One rigged match (rigged for him to lose at that) after years of being the strongest champion and suddenly that ONE match makes him not strong enough? Or is he calling that one match a character flaw? (rolls eyes) I mean, the dude made a deal that he could be the knight if he won and he's going against that now, how is that much different (aside from monetary loss from bets)?

Users who are viewing this thread