Tearmoon Teikoku Monogatari ~Dantoudai kara Hajimaru, Hime no Tensei Gyakuten Story~ - Vol. 8 Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
Just thinking a little bit. Sometimes.

Kidnapping someone for a bit of money is a bit iffy. Far more trouble than it's worth. Got to be something else.

Of course the ones who actually check her would check her socks.

Unlike what many story writers seem to think, ropes are actually reusable. It's possible to untie them and use them again, and not just destroy them by cutting them the moment you need to untie whoever you tied up.

That's a bit of a weirdly specific request. How much does she know?

Dex-chan lover
It's possible to untie them and use them again
There are two kinds of knots, the square knot (often called a dead knot) and the slip knot (often called a live knot).

The square knot gets stronger under its own weight and is nearly impossible to untie, while the slip knot is the easy one. In a kidnapping scenario, a kidnapper would never use a slip knot because it can be undone with a simple pull. That’s why rescuers often just cut through the knot for a quick release.

Sure, you can untie a square knot, but it feels like it takes forever!

Dex-chan lover
I would like to think that when this Jem guy give the order, he literally meant "can you ask them nicely to come here so we can talk in private" rather than "can you ask them nicely-", hahaha

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
I've been a scout, and that's just wrong. There are many more kinds of knots, and most knots are easy to untie if you do it properly, and that's not counting various types of slip knots.
Well, I just make generalization of those many kind of knots, the live one and dead one. The dead one, this is it, just dead. It supposed to make it difficult to untie. With given situation untie dead knot just waste such precious time.

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy, once again I devoured the chapter in less than a minute and it feels like nothing happened. The LN can be extremely wordy at times, and there's plenty of filler, but I can barely wrap my mind around the fact that I just finished reading the 12th volume not so long ago, and the manga is still in its first major arc. Second if we're being generous.
(I love the manga, I just want MORE of it and FASTER because I'm an impatient little gremlin T_T)

Dex-chan lover
Well, I just make generalization of those many kind of knots, the live one and dead one. The dead one, this is it, just dead. It supposed to make it difficult to untie. With given situation untie dead knot just waste such precious time.
Most knots are designed to be easy to untie, but hard to come undone accidentally. And if you tie someone up properly, they can't untie themselves anyway.

Also, I don't see a huge time pressure here. It doesn't take that long to untie a knot. And even hard ones aren't that difficult if you know how.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread