Teisou Gyakuten Sekai no Doutei Henkyou Ryoushu Kishi - Ch. 6 - Noblesse Oblige

Dex-chan lover
I know you guys aren't exactly artists so it's to be expected, but it's still pretty fascinating to see just how overvalued polish or detail is. Frankly I liked the art in this chapter more than in the last two, since it was rougher and more emotive.

I have to agree, understood what was happening the entire time. Even reminding me of Hellsings art in a few places.

Dex-chan lover
Art looks like a mess and panel flow is horrible. The author used 42 pages to tell a very basic "character gets shat at, other characters steps up to support them and they get their confidence back" kind of development. It seems like something you'd submit at the last second after not being able to deal with a writer's block.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if the artist burned out after 5 chapter of above average quality or wanted to be rougher in this one for it being heavy, I hope is the latter and the artstyle recovers later.
Sadly is not uncommon for manga or anime to have super high quality chapters at the start and then a drop in quality, even more in recent years.

Dex-chan lover
Zabine really is just genderbent Satou Kazuma, purposely antagonizing everyone into doing what they want for the worst reasons possible.

Having her be someone Helga keeps trying to pair Polidorio with would make for a fun interaction of her just goofing her way into his heart (or just consistently fumbling)

Dex-chan lover
If the purpose of the art in this chapter was to disorient, then it succeeded.

I'm actually willing to grant that such was the purpose, because the narrative at the beginning of the chapter was also disorienting.
I don't know why but I feel that if the exact same premise happened in a reverse role situation (if Polidoro was the woman and everyone else a man), this would not be nearly as enjoyable as it is.
W--well, the whole point of the manga is that it's "role reversal" or "chastity reversal", where the men "act like"* women and vice versa.

*I say this, but if that's the actual intention, then the author must have a very low view of men.

Dex-chan lover
Zabine proving she's lowkey one of the best girls

Her delinquent gag panels also tell me she's
got a rather long tongue ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dex-chan lover
ZABINEEE LET'S GOOOO
Polidoro, you have your best girl in front of you already

Dex-chan lover
Its not the art thats bad,but its the flow, the paneling, even the face close up is badly placed throughout the chapter
No, the art is bad too. look at and random 3 pages from the previous chapter and tell me the art quality is significantly higher.

Dex-chan lover
What is happening?
i have absolutely no idea what is happening in this chapter, it's a mess
This chapter is heavy on feelings and uses art creatively to convey them. But here is my version of what happened:
Okay, so last chapter, MC concluded that the logical course of action would be to fall back and call for reinforcements. Because it's not mere bandits anymore.
The princess was quite sad about it, and the leader of her bodyguards called her knowledge of politics and figured out that if they do that logical thing, both the princess and the bodyguards would lose their jobs. and that would suck.
And so, the leader of the bodyguards applied some harsh words to the peasants, and convinced them to become a militia and fight together with the bodyguards and the MC' troops.
With that, she managed to persuade the princess and the MC to fight.
With that, leader of MC's troops was impressed by her enough to recommend MC to marry her. MC did not agree to that, because even if her social status is good enough, she is too much of a brute for his liking.
Honor is for idiots. In war all that matters is who wins. Winners right the history books, not graceful losers.
Let me tell you something. For people on top, winning matters.
But for common soldiers like those bodyguards, what matters is looking good in front of your bosses. They aren't going into history books either way, but their wallets and titles depend on getting achievements. Even if it means many people have to die.
It kind of makes the gender swap pointless if everthing is the the same but gender reversed.
Gender swap is a major source of comic relief for this manga. Having women behave like men is entertaining for us, readers.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ah, well, guess it's just me coz I consider whole manga itself as an art including the flow, paneling, basically the readability of the drawings. I do understand your point though. There's a difference between a purely CG/illustration artist and a manga artist. I remember it was tackled in Eromanga Sensei among other series.

I went to earlier chapters and I can see they're still cleaner than the latest so a lot of us still think this was rushed.
maybe yur right. because some panelling is just down right apalling, i skipped some part of this chapter. i meant, 3 pages or so of continuous face close up is just too much for me.

Dex-chan lover
This is a very interesting manga with great art and good premise..
However that two month release schedule is going to kill it..

Dex-chan lover
The art is fine and actually fits with the feelings of Princess/Zabine/villagers. Everything was properly conveyed and of course it took many pages to convince the farmers, they literally got into a death/death situation. At least now they will die trying.

Users who are viewing this thread