Teisou Gyakuten Sekai no Doutei Henkyou Ryoushu Kishi - Ch. 9.1 - The Great Hero

Dex-chan lover
giphy.webp

Nice. Need more guts.

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone summarize what happened after they set out with the army? I failed to follow what is happening who is who anymore

Dex-chan lover
Hey, if Not Tyler Durden can get away with it with a gun...
... You never heard about that real-life medical horror story about the carpenter that accidentalied a nail gun (with framing nails), but couldn't find the nail, until a few days later went to his doctor complaining about a horrible toothache that wouldn't go away?

Guess where that nail was. It punched through his upper jaw, between his molars, penetrating his brainpan, barely missing his eye, and just sat there undiscovered for a week. News article in the Seattle times here: https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/cause-of-toothache-was-4-inch-nail-in-mans-skull/

Like Jafar said in the 2nd Aladdin film, "You'd be surprised what you can live through."

That said, I can believe something like what happened at the end of Fight Club and in this chapter can actually happen. The odds are long indeed... but sometimes, real life can be stranger than fiction.

Power Uploader
Can anyone summarize what happened after they set out with the army? I failed to follow what is happening who is who anymore
Ch 5: Faust and the princess goes to a village which was said to have been pillaged by bandits. But it turns out the village was not pillaged by the bandits but by a noble(Caroline) who had lost the succession war and her elder sister had ordered to kill her.

Ch 7: We find out Caroline is heading to Wilendorf(Enemy Country) to seek asylum and they planned to gift Wilendorf the gold and the boys they had captured.

Ch 8: In this chapter we find the group left behind by Caroline which is supposed to stall Faust as Caroline makes her way to Wilendorf.

Ch 9: Faust catches upto the traitors and saves the boys and gets back the treasure they had stolen before encountering Caroline's party. And about the last page they were on route to Wilendorf and there was a rumour that Faust was picked up from Wilendorf by his mother so they make a remark whether he's finally going back home.

Dex-chan lover
Caroline attempted to usurp her older sister's birthright and lost because the clergyman backed her sister. She ran with her army buddies, came upon some bandits and absorbed them, looted a village owned by Queen Liesenlotte (or w/e her name is) to present as a gift to the neighboring country, Vilendorf.
Vilendorf has a very different view of what makes someone attractive or "great" compared to Anhalt. Strength and Power are valued.

2nd Princess Valiere and Faust are sent to subjugate bandits and find out on the way that it's actually a noblewoman's personal army and bandits after arriving at the looted town. Sabine forgoes any sense of noblesse oblige and basically shames the surviving villagers into forming a militia to bolster their numbers.
Valiere and Faust catch up with the rear of Caroline's group and (I think) Faust has gone ahead as a vanguard.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if it would get addressed later or will it be swept under the rock. I feel uncomfortable with how senseless the bloodshed is, considering the fact that the runaway didn't even get a chance to explain themselves
How is it senseless? The running away army looted the crown's lands and kidnapped a bunch of boys. This is the pursuit by the Crown. Regardless of their reasons, in a medieval society, they are guilty, and they have already attempted to fight back - what is Faust supposed to do, take long enough for them to get another chance to shoot him?

Dex-chan lover
... You never heard about that real-life medical horror story about the carpenter that accidentalied a nail gun (with framing nails), but couldn't find the nail, until a few days later went to his doctor complaining about a horrible toothache that wouldn't go away?

Guess where that nail was. It punched through his upper jaw, between his molars, penetrating his brainpan, barely missing his eye, and just sat there undiscovered for a week. News article in the Seattle times here: https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/cause-of-toothache-was-4-inch-nail-in-mans-skull/

Like Jafar said in the 2nd Aladdin film, "You'd be surprised what you can live through."

That said, I can believe something like what happened at the end of Fight Club and in this chapter can actually happen. The odds are long indeed... but sometimes, real life can be stranger than fiction.
What the fuck. How the hell can you not know you've just given yourself an unintentional lobotomy for almost a fucking week - and the hospital then says that it's not even the first time they've seen it happen.

Dex-chan lover
Ch 5: Faust and the princess goes to a village which was said to have been pillaged by bandits. But it turns out the village was not pillaged by the bandits but by a noble(Caroline) who had lost the succession war and her elder sister had ordered to kill her.

Ch 7: We find out Caroline is heading to Wilendorf(Enemy Country) to seek asylum and they planned to gift Wilendorf the gold and the boys they had captured.

Ch 8: In this chapter we find the group left behind by Caroline which is supposed to stall Faust as Caroline makes her way to Wilendorf.

Ch 9: Faust catches upto the traitors and saves the boys and gets back the treasure they had stolen before encountering Caroline's party. And about the last page they were on route to Wilendorf and there was a rumour that Faust was picked up from Wilendorf by his mother so they make a remark whether he's finally going back home.
lol I need to reread the chapter. I keep getting some of the character names mixed up because they are so minor in the story compared to characters like Claudia, Anastasia, Katarina, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread