Tell us how you changed as a person in these 2 Years

Double-page supporter
I grew more paranoid and self aware over these 2 years to the point that I have been grateful that my past cringe-ass comments have disappeared. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

I stopped looking for shitty manga in order to attempt to make a witty comment. Instead, I finished or caught up to top-notch manga like:
  • Homunculus
  • Vinland Saga
  • Golden Kamuy
  • Battle Angel Alita: Last order
  • Jojolion
  • The Climber
  • Motherfricking Chainsaw Boy

Oh yeah, and I got cucked.

Used to be very heavy and unfit(around 2-3 years ago). Now am still very heavy, but much more fit and stronger. I also took up boxing & sparring recently. Overall very good change in myself over the past 2-3 years, in my opinion. Started reading manga 2 years ago and dropped watching shows&movies around the same time frame. Very good pastime, when reading mangas, I feel much more fulfilled and satisfied than when I watch movies and TV shows for the same time period. QOL has gotten much better since 2020-2021, I feel a lot happier with life and much more willing to try new things and meet new people. Overall, very good changes over time.

im too deadbeat for change, theres no such thing like it. ive only became aware of my own short comings, silly me.

Dex-chan lover
I have aged two years,
Am I still the same person?
I would assume so.
1*0sMV7_gbZHevhnZ7O_Tafw.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Got thrown out of the house because of tp and a window, reconciliated, stopped giving a shit, did some volunteering work at a kitchen ( we also went on to create a cinema festival, mounting the tent was pretty fun because we started with the roof and the "walls" where the size of two of me, one on the shoulders of the other), got out of piano lessons because of starting uni and finaly made friends in school! Also started to read manga :)

I learned how tainted this world really is and how t*x*c one can be on the internet...
my-honest-reaction-my-reactioj.gif

Change? Huh...
I learned how to be more understanding towards people like this and use appropriate measures to deal with them... Hehehe (evil laugh)

Dex-chan lover
i was a fat fuck 23 years ago, pre-covid
now i'm still a fat fuck, just muscular

Having a steady job means less depression from a lack of structure in my life but also less time to play Minecraft and scanlate
Same here. I like the structure to my day but having less time to do things bums me out.

Dex-chan lover
Two years ago I used to have a job I despised. Then spent a month unemployed before going back to the saddle and finally got fired in the recent layoff in my current company. Basically I have gone from hell to heaven, back to hell, and now still in hell.

Dex-chan lover
Got into college on July 2021, then dropped out around 3 months later, and am currently jobless, or rather never had a job at all.

I don't think it's all sad though. When it comes to mental health, I think I'm currently in a better state than ever.
I used to be very confrontational and excessive about everything, especially when it comes to stuffs I have an opinion about.
However now I realize that most stuffs are just very unimportant, and a difference in opinion on stuffs that really doesn't matter is nothing worth burning a bridge for.

Currently, Daisuke Ishiwatari's Guilty Gear Strive OST has been my backbone when it comes to boosting my self-confidence.
Whenever I feel down, Smell of the Game just makes me remember that this whole depression thing is bullshit and life has more going on than just me being such a downer.
The playlist just makes me forget all of my worries and I can't help myself to believe in humanity, and in turn, myself.

It's alright for me currently to not have a job, to feel like I'm a useless burden to my family, to feel like I will never go anywhere in the future.
All as long as I remember right after said train of thought that it's so boring to just think too much about it and some simple dumb unimportant reason such as looking forward to what I'm gonna eat for this lunch to be my motivation to keep going.

Last edited:
Discovered alcohol, became a low-key alcoholic. Life feels pointless, and the days long. I really don't know what I am living or aiming for anymore. It's all a pointless charade that we keep gaslighting ourselves into running for over and over again. Lost all interest in games and movies. Broke contact with people I liked. These days all I do is hunt for deals online for stuff which I never end up buying because I can't afford it.

Dex-chan lover
Built up a momentum to consistently hit new lows, while being old enough for it to no longer be funny in a relatable way.
Downward spiral still reversible thankfully. Can't be crying over spilled you know what forever...

Double-page supporter
Alright, so in panic, for I wanted to write something which would help my family. I spent six years writing up what I think is one of my finest stories. That was 2 years ago, and I started college shortly after. Suddenly that marvel I didn't like anymore, so that was six years of work panned, but I kept trying, i have a ton of projects and college has now found a balance in my life. I have been writing well till now... A 3 Month disturbance has halted my progress, and right as I've returned to projects I enjoy.
It still feels like the world wants to stomp upon me. Everyone says "Growing Up", "Maturing". And while, it may seem childish...
You don't understand, my imagination and writing are why I live, I live to write those stories, it is the one thing I do well. I abandoned the six year story because it felt too... too... "real", too mirroring of rageful reality. Also it represented a genre in a modern way, which I've grown to hate.
Anyway, you can see how, this constant mention of maturing and whatnot has now formed into an insult upon what makes me me. Well it had.
Now, 2 years have officially passed since college started. And while, some things hurt, I'm able to hold it in... No... those insults and whatnot, the sort of ignorance to what I am passionate about. They mean little, nothing really. It's how it always is, I'm always deathly afraid when I am foisted into something. Then I realize, i'm not on a tightrope, or at least i'm not balancing alone. I've realized how lucky I am, even though I've always known, I know it more truly now. And while I still painfully conform, I still do precisely what I wish not too. I do it with a smile, and feel it not until I am alone. As if laughing in the face of those Conforming Perturbances. Nothing will change who I am.
And I did use to cry a lot, actually last month I had never cried so hard, no one heard, or maybe they did, it was midnight... But... It's weird, I don't really cry anymore... I feel tired surely, spent, but when I write again, I'm reminded that I defeated all those things which tried to spurn me. And while I wish to remain and write as I used to... Though I still feel I have no right to say no, this paradoxical impairment, has offered me an interesting opportunity. One I had never wished for.
To grasp the perturbing, conforming tendrils of this supposed Maturation by the neck, and remind it: "I Shall Not Change".
I was always scared of being changed by the world, but now that I've been foisted out their, and luckily only a bit, I see now... I see that while it burns, and I oft feel broken, and do cry in the shower in pain. I have not been broken truly.
The World Can't break me, it's true, God does not set a path afore us we cannot surpass! And in that I feel overjoyed. I feel warm, each day I am made stronger, when I would've ordinarily collapse in tears. There is no changes, only when one halts, and gives up... I've given up on many things, But never again. That's where I am now. And though i may often flounder in despair, I need despair sometimes, to remind me again, the Love of God, and the fact that the world, It can't break me, and never will, as long as I hold on, keep praying, keep dreaming, keep hoping, until I've reached that summit where I can build that foundation to lift all i can ever higher and be there if they fall to help them back up again.
I feel stupid too, for doubting. I also feel I'm a dramatic boy on page, and a rather plain seeming, silent man in person. But, I'll never stop being that boy, never! F You Maturation! And while God keeps throwing me curveballs of pain, they're curveballs, and never trully hit me... And I feel... oddly safe...
I'll keep strangling maturation, continue being who I am, for while the world may want something else of me, it's clear, God is at my side, and though he may run my feet through what feels like fire... soon they'll be as tough as stone.

Users who are viewing this thread