Tengoku Daimakyou - Vol. 11 Ch. 62 - Funayama Tooru

Group Leader
I'm starting to think the author didn't plan all this out lol... There's some real headscratchers that require a shit ton of headcanon to justify .

Why does mimihime not recognize mc as tokio... At all? Why not shiro? They are literally childhood friends.

Why did doctor strap bombs on himself before he even knew they could kill hirukos? If he found out then strapped bombs it would make a little more sense but he found out in the car meaning he strapped bombs on way before... To partially distract anzu? But the town is already evacuated! Best he would be doing is stop her for a few hours or days... For what? The town is toast anyway since they had no way to perma kill her. U can say he's atoning for his part in the calamity but the fact is that he has been atoning. You don't atone by seppuku, you atone by attempting to correct the mistakes and making peoples lives better. That's why he travels town to town, takes care of sick people, and put natas brain in a robot.

Why does crotch girl and the reconstruction crew not talk to them after saving the town? Esp since they surely must have questions why he looks just like yamato, and crotch girl even said "tokio is back!"

And now Robin's sister contracts tetanus as an upper middle class child in an ultra advanced medical society where people have figured out how to cure most diseases to the point they are now looking for immortality...

And now Robin's sister contracts tetanus as an upper middle class child in an ultra advanced medical society where people have figured out how to cure most diseases to the point they are now looking for immortality...
I mean she’s 5, you can’t be fully vaccinated at that age for tetanus really. It’s a process of multiple boosters when you’re that young, and it’s completely feasible that she just wasn’t fully vaccinated yet.

haha, now that the best part comes, the author will try to give us a context for him to become an abuser, some atrocity will probably still happen, I don't have a good feeling about the brother who is following him and his sister
Still no explanation about why he become such a sickly rapist in the future, the sister’s death is sad but at least nothing fucked up involved in the process.

Is tetanus really that bad in this setting? I was under the impression that one alcohol rub and it would be fine, I got cut by a rusty box cutter back then. Although I guess they also don't know how much threat it is and didn't sanitize the wound after.
the thing is she lied about the rusty nail, in ignorance, thinking it was fine and her brother would be mad or something. She did not clean it, and it was days after that they got to the hospital after she started having seizures.

Even if you have the tetanus shot, which is very commonplace, tetanus is still a serious infection. With a tetanus shot and its follow ups, most people are guaranteed to fight off the infection, but it is still better to treat it (because it still brings adverse effects, is not a good time, and makes you vulnerable to other diseases). Children are far more vulnerable to infections, it is possible she still had not been fully innoculated yet, and the infection had days to spread and strengthen.

Remember to stay safe and keep others safe around you, even in the present there's thousands of children who die from tetanus each year, sadly. Thankfully most newborns in the world are getting at least the basic vaccine.

Dex-chan lover
This may sound really messed up, but its for the best she died so early into the calamity. We've seen how brutal the post apocalyptic world becomes, especially to women and children, she was spared a horrible fate from someone like her brother would eventually become.
You’re fucked.
I hope I never find myself with someone like you when shit hits the fan.

I think I get it now.

So, the asshole was wandering with his, about to die, sister. Somehow - let's make a leap - he found a way to connect his sister to a maneater to keep her alive. This is the girl we see back in the factory connected to the man eater, behind the locked door. I don't remember the chapter. The asshole kept the girl there and wandered in order to find a way to "revivify" her.

Then the asshole finds the doctor who can swap/implant brains. He tries to learn how to perform or to force the doctor to. In the same time he is searching for a victim and he finds it.

Shit happens.

The asshole is the one who shoots the victim, but he fails to take the body. The doctor does the surgury to save the siblings.

More shit happens.

The asshole finds that the victim survived, the success of the surgery and gets his victim back all in the same moment. Then he does this horrific action to "test" how the personality works in the new body. That's why the asshole asks all of these questions. He wants the literal answers. Because he propably knows how to perform the surgery or maybe another way.

However he fails again, but he is still alive.

Double-page supporter
You don't atone by seppuku, you atone by attempting to correct the mistakes and making peoples lives better. That's why he travels town to town, takes care of sick people, and put natas brain in a robot.
This isn't "plothole" criticisms, you're just disagreeing with the doctor's character now. The Dr wanted to kill himself and didn't think anything he'd tone to atone himself repaid what he did to destroy the world. He said the only good thing he'd ever done was to help Haruki.

The manga has quite a lot of themes about how redemption works... Toru is trying to atone for his assassinations by helping Robin, what will that lead to anything worthwhile? Will it "work"? Atonement doesn't work like a disney movie.

Double-page supporter
I think I get it now.
yes, Robin literally says, "I'm just performing a little experiment". He also kept her in looser bondage and interviewed Kiruko plenty ("She told me all about you, Maru"). The explicit purpose was to figure out how much of Haruki or Kiriko was "in there", to try and do something to revive Marin, even though she's probably just a skeleton at this point (Robin is delusional). I can imagine an endgame where Robin tries to become half-hiruko himself in order to eat the remains of his sister, to "become one", mirroring the first Innkeeper story and Kiruko's identity issues as well, and the themes of cannibalism/love (Kiruko and Maru's first conversation).

I always laugh when ignorant twits open their mouth about things they know nothing of.
Tetanus is a toxic bacteria you can get in your bloodstream in several ways, the popular one being sharp metal object.
iron or steel alone does not cause tetanus, you need cow dung for tetanus generally. Some tetanus occurs away from farms but not a lot.
And, like with all but one vaccine, there has never been any evidence the tetanus vaccine helped in any appreciable way.

Dex-chan lover
I don’t know about their world, but in OUR world, it is a big deal. Tetanus is highly lethal with about 25% of people dying when left untreated and 10% even when treated. It’s terrible even if you survive the ordeal as your convulsions are so strong that you can break your bones from the spasms while you’re infected. It’s not a pleasant disease to say the least.
If you live in a poverty area, many people give birth to 8-10 children because they knew only 5 or 6 would survive. Many would die to the diseases you thought are "eradicated": tetanus, polio, herpes, tuberculosis. One is very strong if he lived up to 40, just you know. Hospitals are actually corpse collecting units, rather than healing facility, the doctors there have the eyes of death.

Aggregator gang
And, like with all but one vaccine, there has never been any evidence the tetanus vaccine helped in any appreciable way.
Found one in the wild lmao. Hobble on back to your iron lung.
The lil' sister got the shot and she died. In the hospital too.

"What 'a' rare case/s."
Wow, almost like it's a manga and not real life (though the manga never mentioned her getting the shot I dunno where you got that). The reason those diseases are near eradicated in the wealthy world is in large part vaccination. Though I'm not sure why you mentioned herpes alongside those others as it infects almost everyone including the wealthy an is in no way thought to be eradicated.

Dex-chan lover
I always laugh when ignorant twits open their mouth about things they know nothing of.
Tetanus is a toxic bacteria you can get in your bloodstream in several ways, the popular one being sharp metal object.
iron or steel alone does not cause tetanus, you need cow dung for tetanus generally. Some tetanus occurs away from farms but not a lot.
True - it was like shot with mineral water back then. It was even revealed on TV that it was only pure egg whites were being used for the contemporary vaccines back then ~90s.

Dex-chan lover
Found one in the wild lmao. Hobble on back to your iron lung.

Wow, almost like it's a manga and not real life (though the manga never mentioned her getting the shot I dunno where you got that). The reason those diseases are near eradicated in the wealthy world is in large part vaccination. Though I'm not sure why you mentioned herpes alongside those others as it infects almost everyone including the wealthy an is in no way thought to be eradicated.
Then the rich are not protected. The rich just have the illusion of being one.

Aggregator gang
Then the rich are not protected. The rich just have the illusion of being one.
I dunno if you look at the relationship between poverty and mortality, the rich seem quite a bit more protected than the poor. Though neither group really needs protection from herpes since its untreated mortality rate is almost nonexistent anyway.

Dex-chan lover
I dunno if you look at the relationship between poverty and mortality, the rich seem quite a bit more protected than the poor. Though neither group really needs protection from herpes since its untreated mortality rate is almost nonexistent anyway.
Many of the rich I know died @ 50, which is not even an age, only one reached 60+, still living. The news, well, better look up their sources as taking them is dangerous to your brain and eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread