Tengoku Daimakyou - Vol. 11 Ch. 62 - Funayama Tooru

Tetanus vaccination for children is different from adults where you just need to renew the vaccine every 10 years. The schedule of vaccination for the first 6 years of age consist of 5 shots, one at 2 months, then 4, and 6, the fourth at 15-18 months and finally the fifth at 4-6 years of age.

It's very logical that the disaster may have happened before Marin got her 5th shot.

It's also sad to see, but if you pay attention they already pronounced Marin dead or soon to die from her first checkup at page 21, as she already had the black tag before her second consultation.

As always, thank you very much for the scanlation.
Good catch with the tag! Thank you!

Until you are 6, tetanus shots are more frequent, you get like 5 up until then. I don't think its unreasonable that she skipped or has it delayed, it happens. Especially since their parents seem to be away often.

AFAIK Japanese schools are rather strict in terms of vaccination, and even forgetful parents wouldn't be let off the hook for this. In fact I think vaccinations often occur during school time, with visiting nurses.

Dex-chan lover
Those Toru killed were a family of a lawyer who was looking into the organization Toru worked for. This organization was introduced in Ch.58, and is clearly corrupt.
Alright so they aren't related. Thanks for going into that much detail. I only really remember/got the fraud bits so a murder seemed pretty extreme but looks like they're not just fraudsters...

Dex-chan lover
Well, that was fucking depressing. Double so when i realised that Marin was getting the black marker already on her first checkup.
Oh shit, you're right. I didn't even realise his sister got "treatment" there from the few panels. I thought they simply had no more capacities, hence why he went to the next hospital. If you don't know it's there, it's also really hard to spot the tag until he's about to enter the next hospital :worry:

Dex-chan lover
And that's why you have to teach your children about tetanus. She could have survived if treated on time.

You need to get a tetanus shot every ten years! If you don't know when you last got one, get one. I cut my leg open with a craft knife last summer by accident, had to get a tetanus shot. It swelled up and was sore for a few days, but that was it!

You can get one at wallgreens or any pharmacy, which will cost money if you are uninsured. It appears to cost $40-150 in the united states: CVS lists their out of pocket, no insurance cost as $103 but other sites report other pharmacies in specific states as $50-70, so do some research and shop around for a better price. The ACA covers or SHOULD cover tetanus shots as well.
Here is a resource for information on the shot, including affordability options:
https://www.goodrx.com/health-topic/vaccines/low-cost-vaccination-without-insurance

Dex-chan lover
Man
When is this gonna finish
Feels like its been dragging ass for a while

Aggregator gang
Whoever mentioned the little sister was tagged since the first hospital, I also just noticed, the doctor asked if the hitman was the guardian. That was to inform him that the girl was beyond saving and that was why he was following Robin after that.

Dex-chan lover
This'll be even more FU'd but imma kinda surprised doctor even gave some painkillers, given the situation...

Group Leader
damn, the black O tag hit way harder than expected...
u mean in a world where technology is insanely advanced, civilization didn't invent the tetanus shot?
i mean, we're in a world where vaccines exists, and is even free on some countries, yet there's people not wanting it (all this antivax shit)
in free-healthcare-land, it's mandatory on infants and is called DT-Polio (for diphtheria-tetanus-polio)

damn, imagine surviving the initial apocalypse just to die from tetanus soon after. poor kid
Question, do they not have tetanus vaccines in Japan?
I ask because for example, tuberculosis vaccines aren't common in USA, but are mandatory at birth where I come from. I don't know if the same applies to tetanus, where I live they give you one every ten years after the initial shots, but I don't think that applies to Japan.

Dex-chan lover
Still no explanation about why he become such a sickly rapist in the future, the sister’s death is sad but at least nothing fucked up involved in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread