Tengoku Daimakyou - Vol. 11 Ch. 63 - Funayama Tooru 2

Dex-chan lover
From exploited gang member to running an orphanage :thumbsup:

Robin was straight up going to kill any intruders :worry:
I wonder what made him lapse back to that mental state or maybe he never really recovered in the first place and just faked slowly returning to normal...

Thanks for the upload!

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, the twist we all saw was coming. I already know something terrible will happen to the replacement sister as she isn't seen when the siblings first meet Robin in the city. So I wonder how bad it's going to be. Also, hopefully, Robin doesn't do anything to her.

Double-page supporter
Oh wow, the twist we all saw was coming. I already know something terrible will happen to the replacement sister as she isn't seen when the siblings first meet Robin in the city. So I wonder how bad it's going to be. Also, hopefully, Robin doesn't do anything to her.
That's Ran actually! She's part of Haruki's little friend group and is cooking the barbecue in Chapter 8 (she also has a crush on Haruki).

Double-page supporter
Just as a note, the second last page is supposed to be Kiruko saying "DI-RE-CTOR!!" not whatever gibberish she says there, a mistranslation.

Dex-chan lover
Robin f---ed everyone up. Literally every girl orphan that trusted him, and financially every friend he knew.

This is the very definition of a person deserving death penalty. He must be cut off for the sake of you know, future children.
The genius of Robin is that he always gave them a choice , so he didn't actually break any law.

Keep in mind Robin was already possibly date raping Haruki's sister at the orphanage judging by the memory of his sister that he awakened somehow before Maru came and beat the shit out of Robin after that whole... situation.

It's a bit more detailed in the anime cause you can actually hear the person speaking, which is Robin.
What he says is, "... Since Haruki's a deep sleeper." I think you can guess what's probably happening there, especially when you consider he's not anywhere in frame and likely somewhere behind her.

So my point is: to not only rape and then murder Haruki's sister, but to then rape Haruki in the body of his sister that he raped and murdered while he made him watch using a mirror and psychologically tortured him?

I won't be satisfied unless Robin is executed by Haruki himself.
Preferably by method of cutting his dick off and letting him bleed out while he's tied up. After a molten metal rod is shoved up his ass, of course. It's only fair.

Double-page supporter
Placing that line over levelled rubble is what this medium is all about.
Also, notice panel showing coffins, where the coffins have run out and they're simply rolling corpses in blankets. Subtle details like that really elevate this.
Tengoku is the type of story that can only be done in a manga, which is one of the reasons I appreciate it so much. You can't really leave the kind of visual clues and other details in a purely text narrative.

Keep in mind Robin was already possibly date raping Haruki's sister at the orphanage judging by the memory of his sister that he awakened somehow before Maru came and beat the shit out of Robin after that whole... situation.

It's a bit more detailed in the anime cause you can actually hear the person speaking, which is Robin.
What he says is, "... Since Haruki's a deep sleeper." I think you can guess what's probably happening there, especially when you consider he's not anywhere in frame and likely somewhere behind her.
I'm wondering if Robin was actually resentful and jealous of Haruki for having an alive sister to be with, which can explain some of his behavior, both with murdering Kiriko, and the sexual assault.

If Robin is still hearing "Marin"s voice inside his head (that crying scene felt like Robin was actually talking TO Marin, saying "Sorry you died because of me...", with her possibly responding in his head), perhaps he thinks he's "combined" with Marin in a lesser way than Haruki combined with Kiriko, which could have brought even more resentment when they reunited, but also to try and figure out how to recreate certain procedures to put the "Marin inside his head" into a real body again, using Hiruko combinations and brain transplants. Perhaps him growing out his hair out and resembling Marin so much wasn't just being unkempt, but some initial attempt at this... transformation.

Dex-chan lover
That's Ran actually! She's part of Haruki's little friend group and is cooking the barbecue in Chapter 8 (she also has a crush on Haruki).
Oh thank the fucking lord she’s fine I really was not looking forward to inevitable weird behavior Robin develops

Dex-chan lover
Also, notice panel showing coffins, where the coffins have run out and they're simply rolling corpses in blankets. Subtle details like that really elevate this.
No one would have balls to go to forests filled with maneaters just to make a coffin.

Dex-chan lover
The text too ... "snow piling up in the middle of May." It means nuclear winter, and the whole country has been too bombed by the weapons of mass destruction it made the weather similar to Ice Age.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, so it was Robin who shot Kiriko.

It's always the people you most suspect.
Also, damn, even amongst the 5th generation only very few survived. Forget the 1st, 2nd, 3th, and especially the 4th generation - they are all likely killed based on the flashbacks, unable to survive the wasteland, except for Kona, who should be looking like a 50 year old man right now.

Man, my memory's just too shit nowadays to properly follow this story.
Long story short... everyone in the past died. They cannot live in the wasteland after being raised in The Institute.

Double-page supporter
Is... this going to end up being some kind of weird mercy killing thing? Like, he wanted to spare her the same sort of pain he went through from the loss of a sibling, and is fucking bonkers so gunshot to the head was his solution.

I'm still not sure how any of this contextualizes the weird psychological torture mirror rape scene from way back. These flashbacks seem like they've been trying to humanize Robin to some extent, but so far they've only managed to make that scene seem even more bizarre than it already did, and I'm at a loss as to how they would bridge the gap, assuming they're even going to try.
The first part it feels like you are absolutely right. That in Robin's messed up mind, he sees losing a sibling as the worst kind of pain or sin he either wants to spare her the pain or punish her with w mercy killing.

The only way I can explain the rape is that Robin and Kiriko (the sister) had a relationship that the brother didn't know about so his mind did some kind of strange fusion in his mind where the siblings were both alive in the same body. So he tried to get back together with the sister while trying to turn the boy inside into accepting that he is now her.

Or simply put: he is crazy and that episode made him have a metal breakdown...

Dex-chan lover
I'm still not sure how any of this contextualizes the weird psychological torture mirror rape scene from way back. These flashbacks seem like they've been trying to humanize Robin to some extent, but so far they've only managed to make that scene seem even more bizarre than it already did, and I'm at a loss as to how they would bridge the gap, assuming they're even going to try.
This. I don't think the author had this mapped out from the beginning. I feel like this is being made up as we go along, mostly for shock value.

Users who are viewing this thread